Comrade Richardson

Comrades, I do not understand this story at all...

The Obamessiah anointed Comrade Richardson to be the Secretary General of Commerce, yes? Wasn't he facilitating commerce by "assisting" this firm in getting lucrative contracts in the Peoples Republic of New Mexico?

Shouldn't this make him more qualified to facilitate commerce as Secretary General? I do not understand why he is withdrawing his anointment and missing out on the opportunity for car with driver and dacha on the Potomac.

We need to knock some heads over at The Party Organ (aka The New York Times).

Unbelievable...

No, no, no! The correct man for the SECCOM job is Rod Blagojevich! He is the only one that understands in this time of crisis, EVERYTHING must be sold. Better yet, Comrade Obama should give him a cabinet-level position (Auctioneer-General) and preside over America's Going Out of Business Sale.

What am I bid for Congress? We'll start the bidding at $1...... Fifty cents????? Anybody got a QUARTER?????

This is utterly silly! Loyal Party members don't resign or withdraw their names when nominated. Only RethugliKKKans are supposed to do that. To resign is to admit defeat and wrong-doing and as The Party is incapable of either being defeated (the other side just cheats) or doing any wrong (because we mean to do well), Richardson is basically just turning Reich-wing before our eyes.

Which, in that case, we can now denounce him as yet another example of the "Republican culture of corruption".

Commissar M,

Your wisdom and logic never fails to amaze me, but I am just an organizer at small collective. I cannot understand Richardson's actions, thus, as you say, I denounce Richardson as the corrupt-evil-covert Republican that he is!

Now we can add Richardson to the party's annual Lieberman Purge Extravaganza!

Let the show trials begin! Ooops, economy is poor, we wait for Obamessiah's ascension party.

Comrades,

My understanding is that New Mexico leads the nation in drunk-driving rates. This suggests a unique proletarian populace that has chosen domestic fermentates over imported opiates, inebriation over expectation, driving over thriving, and a TV show's name for a town's name (Truth of Consequences). In short, Comrade Richardson is the people's man and a man of the people. He can do no wrong.

If, however, his wrong manages to escape the press, it can be spun to an advantage. And if not, maybe Howard Dean can ply Mr. Richardson with enough Night Train to make him just another statistic.