Does wearing clothes constitute cultural appropriation?

[img]/images/various_uploads/White_Allies_Cultural_Appropriation.jpg[/img]

I'm sure this text was originally written in some superior indigenous language with indigenous script, in an indigenous spiral notepad or on an indigenous computer, manufactured by an indigenous culture that has also invented such indigenous terminology as "disempowerment," "marginalization," and "cultural appropriation." And only then it was translated into the repugnant language of colonialism, cultural genocide, and land theft.

Here it is again, in a copy-paste format for quoting:

DEAR WHITE ALLIES

All shirts with indigenous designs were created for indigenous peoples and people of color to wear. Before you purchase ask yourself, "does this belong to me?" Appreciation for another culture does not grant permission to take, consume, or re-purpose marginalized cultures. Indigenous cultures continue to experience colonialism, cultural genocide & land theft. We all have a role in the disempowerment and empowerment of local indigenous peoples. Ask yourself, what have I done lately for indigenous peoples? How have I used my privilege to help uncover the voices of indigenous peoples in my community?

Supporting indigenous efforts goes beyond wearing a shirt. Want to support in other ways? Purchase other non-culturally relevant shirts or donate to NPP.

Thank you for not culturally appropriating.

What is that little girl eating my hamburger?

Scary! _ (fighting palpitations, zips to kitchen, sips a macrobiotically deglutenated latte)

Colonizatorial appropriation-appreciations, supremacistical empowerment-disempowerments ... The horror!

(our Komrade Minitrue vel Brother Al-Minitru al-Belgiki (PBUH), he would squirm ...)

Red Square wrote:I'm sure this text was originally written in some superior indigenous language with indigenous script ...
... elucidated Komrade Direktor most graciously, trying to spare the Kollektive the true shock.

Alas, Current Truth™ must always come to light. Here it comes, however painful.

That they - NPP, Nalgona Positivity Pride - had to write down their thoughts feelings at all, that's the primal whitecruelty.

Recall, Komrades: Authentically indigenous xemz - les nobles sauvages, da? -, xhem, alike Sasquatch & Yeti & Almas, need no stinkin' "writing". Xeyz communicate with each other via Kozmik Spirit, via Telesympathokinetic Rituality, via Transfocal Aether. Xhem never needed any "script", indeed - not even "speach".

And then there comes Whitey-The-Genocidator, and barks:
You haf to vocally speak. You haf to learn letters. A―B―C, capisci? And zat quill, you not put in hair, you put in hand (no, right hand, you idiot), and you write, ja! A―B―C and A―B―C and A―B―C, capisci - you dummkopf?

Mystery item No. 1

NO ONE Expects a StateChurch of the Sacred Heart of No Redeemer Inquisition!!

[highlight=#f8f8f8]NOBODY expects a [/highlight][highlight=#f8f8f8]StateChurch of the Sacred Heart of No Redeemer Inquisition![/highlight] Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to establishment of guilt.

Sign at shop door makes Jackalopelipsky just wanna go Buddhist monk and self torch...but that would be a malappropriated cultural sin. Jackalopes are culturally adapted to die with boots on...so sign resolves Jackalopelipsky to tell signshopowner

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

I only have one question: why wasn't this note written in smoke signals?

It appears that some indigenous people here have culturally appropriated and overdosed on cultural Marxism and its paranoid terminology of oppression.

Red Square wrote:I only have one question: why wasn't this note written in smoke signals? ...
For one, Komrade Halliburton was on to sumtin (What is that little girl eating, my hamburger?).

Had he posed this question to Glorious Radio Yerevan, the answer would have been: V printsipye, da (Basically, yes). Only, not just "hamburger", but a doublepluseffingburger, and not "little girl" but, well, a nalgona1 (says she), and not "eats" but chomps-n-gobbles.

1 um, says Urban Dictionary (& others confirm): "girl with big ass", where "big" clearly tends towards "cutely big". Which comrade Google seems to (mostly) confirm, too.

Mystery item No. 2

And next, "smoke signals". Eh?

Methinks, after serially wolfing down doublepluseffingburgers, there is no smoke produced. The output is more like carbon, unvisible. Yet, conversely to carbon, it's still unmistakably detectable via human personal biosensoric.

Mystery item No. 3

... and then, Cultural Marxism via smoke signals? I mean, starting with Gramsci, via Frankfurter Schule & Co, plus Alinsky's Penumbra? Amazonia, bye-bye.

Cultures have property rights, not people.

Only the collective you belong to or the intersectionality of collectives you belong to gives you meaning and this is expressed as cultures. This is why diversity is our strength. Diversity isn't some bourgeois notion of people who are of diverse thought. Diversity is all the collectives living together in communal harmony and lots of No Cultural Trespassing signs everywhere. Beware, or the Red Fist of Love will get you.

As the warning sign depicts one identified as "female", may we conclude that the offenders are predominantly female? If so, Womyn's clothing if offensive, and I say Down with Womyn's Shirts!

DEAR WHITE ALLIES

All shirts with indigenous designs were created for indigenous peoples and people of color to wear. Before you purchase ask yourself, "does this belong to me?" Appreciation for another culture does not grant permission to take, consume, or re-purpose marginalized cultures. Indigenous cultures continue to experience colonialism, cultural genocide & land theft. We all have a role in the disempowerment and empowerment of local indigenous peoples. Ask yourself, what have I done lately for indigenous peoples? How have I used my privilege to help uncover the voices of indigenous peoples in my community?

Supporting indigenous efforts goes beyond wearing a shirt. Want to support in other ways? Purchase other non-culturally relevant shirts or donate to NPP.

Thank you for not culturally appropriating.

Run aGWONT ALERT!!!

Indigenous people's being "re-purposed" "by colonialism, cultural genocide & land theft"?

Does this not provide a facsimile...if not pure Pamalinsky's Pixelmator Asterisk of validity to Trumputler's determination...as well as his brainless army of trolls showing up in mass solidarity at Trumputler's Rallies... to just build The Wall??

Can GWONT repurpose these indigenous trolls against colonialism, cultural genocide & land theft before next election??

or....Has G.W.O.N.T. run aGWONT, yet again??

Never!!! Re-Purpose-ize Yourselves, comrades!!

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

Comrade Otis wrote:Cultures have .. intersectionality of collectives .. in communal harmony .. Beware, or the Red Fist of Love will get you.
Glorious elucidation, Komrade Otis. Truly an eye-opener. Share my kasha with you, this evening.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:... and I say Down with Womyn's Shirts!
Komrade Ivan, just to clarify: You intend to stop at shirts?

(butt: 'shirts' is just a semantic boobies-trap here, tee-hee?)

... absentmindedly daydreaming quasi-musing: alas, reminds a Komrade of that brilliant "overly endowed with blat up here and blat down there" characterization, which the Kollektive owes to Ballbustish Clara.

Come Next Tuesday, everyone will be wearing Party-approved and freely distributed daywear, eveningwear, and swimwear.

I didn't know they had Wendy's in the Soviet Union. Their advertising was great.

Well.... All I can say is, at this level of stupid, there is only one man for the job...

Margaret wrote:I didn't know they had Wendy's in the Soviet Union. Their advertising was great.

So true, Margaret. And...Jackalopelipsky thinks that evening wear ensemble with that 16 double D battery magazine maglight torch is just sooooo hot right now.

Plus, after closely comparing Pippilongstocking Wendy's burger girl with Nalgona Positivity Pride burger girl...seems to Jackalopelipsky...there was even MORE cultural re-purpose-izing going on at NPP.

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549 over and out

Margaret wrote:I didn't know they had Wendy's in the Soviet Union. Their advertising was great.
jackalopelipsky wrote:So true, Margaret ...
Image And did you notice, that it opens with A-ay, ukhnyem - a Russian folk classic? :

Complete with that deeply moving painting of Ilya Repin.
(which, of course, was also transmitted in our Kubic Organ.)

Image And the (likewise) unforgettable:

Must confess: With agitprop of that class, I feel like OMG almost getting maybe a slight bit enamored with OMG KKKapitalizm... (and back to a-ay shovel, a-ay shovel...)

mi
Try as I might, I cannot imagine a Ukrainian, for example, objecting to anyone else cooking borscht or wearing a vyshyvanka... The cultural divide must be wide indeed...