Ebony Tower in the ORIENT! An Obama legacy!

POLL: Why did you click on this post?

You may select 1 option

I know I, Pamalinsky, am offering this post in the OFF position! It so perfectly describes what we are up against with 4 more years of Obama. A very obscure post I offer to describe what we face if O is re-elected. I know how obnoxious my video posts can be, in lieu of my actual thoughts! Which some of you find quite entertaining! Not so much this one, it's very depressing but, somehow, uplifting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vADIxxJ8k

All Cube musicians and composers know what I am posting here. I'm not kidding around.
This is a very interesting piece of music. Interesting that the background vocals, out of tune, sing things that are incomprensible. Is it "clank" or "what?" Fascinating arrangements.

This post probably won't get much traffic!

siren.gif
pamalinsky-makes-a-post.jpg
laughing-at computer.gif
(Pamalinsky - all in good fun my friend!)

I love seeing you blossom, dear Putout! You have so much to offer! I can feel your joy! XXXX! It has become mine! Thank you!p.s. I can't believe you actually did this! I am blown away!

Pretty accurate for a sound-track, P-Ski. Might even take the place of the current useage of "Heil to the Chief..."

It does make me think back to the time of dear Comrade Slick Willy, (Husband of her Thigh-ness Hillary), who--at his own inauguration, had the military band play "Fanfare for the Common Man." The GALL shown by that man to use non-union musicians. <spit>

Tovarichi wrote:Pretty accurate for a sound-track, P-Ski. Might even take the place of the current useage of "Heil to the Chief..."

It does make me think back to the time of dear Comrade Slick Willy, (Husband of her Thigh-ness Hillary), who--at his own inauguration, had the military band play "Fanfare for the Common Man." The GALL shown by that man to use non-union musicians. <spit>

Hey, Tovi!
Back in the so-called "day" let's say the late 60s, I was great buds with the conductor of the then newly formed Harlem Philharmonic Orchestra, Karl Hampton Porter, a Juilliard student and a protogee of Pierre Monteux, conductor of the London Symphony and the first conductor of Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring." Karl told me about Stravinsky having to make his way out of the back window of the concert hall to avoid tomato throws! True story! You can Google it!

One of their first concerts (HPO) was in Central Park and the sound rolled out all over the city! Passers-by were stunned! It was excellent musicians and an excellent conductor who brought out the best in each. It was a black orchestra! Young black kids! The kid who played tympany was 11 years old! Poogie Bell! Stunning in it's expertise. Even Leonard Bernstein was a bit intimidated that such a sound could be elicited from such a group. Actually, from Karl and the band. Many wonderful reviews from the NY times comparing him to Erich Leinsdorf!

Karl was a self-taught bassoon player and Pierre was planning to use him as a soloist for a bassoon concerto with the London Symphony. But, alas, Monteux died. This didn't happen.

Karl also played with Chick Corea, "Trios" with Hubert Laws, etc.

Here is the most stirring Aaron Copland "Fanfare for the Common Man" I wish you could have been there that day in Central Park. This is not the same concert, but, it consists of the most open intervals of 4ths and 5ths, the most resonant of all intervals.
Every time I hear it I just want to scream, and do, YEEEAAAAH!

Tovi, I'm so glad you understand my choice for the new "Hell to the Chief"! Quite an appropriate dirge, I must say. It does in fact reflect the feelings of myself and every living thing I know, including humans. Don't want to "push it" though. BTW, there are some gorgeous pics of Iceland on National Geographic. This will bring your spirits up! You will not believe how unusual and beautiful it is! Look! https://co106w.col106.mail.live.com/def ... 7f5f4&fv=1

Truly the Party™ was involved from the start as Greenland is coverd in ice, while Iceland is green... A most clever plot to divert the attentions of Reichwing teabagger Vikings in their invasion planning.

Pamalinsky wrote:I love seeing you blossom, dear Putout! You have so much to offer! I can feel your joy! XXXX! It has become mine! Thank you!p.s. I can't believe you actually did this! I am blown away!

Dear Comrades, as Commissar of Correctness I wish to warn you about the people's position on Same Sexting:

same sexting.jpg
(gratuitously ripped from Don Asmussen and re-invested here)

I forgot to mention how much I love the rainbow glorious unicorn chorus floating above the dirge!

It's magical!

And, the clear way to Utopia!

Other metaphors can't even approach this!

Enough said, comrades. You know exactly what I mean.