Election Thread: The Great Patriotic Change '08

You are right! I humbly accept my denouncement and further, I denounce myself for daring to suggest such a thing. I will go to reeducation camp immediately. After I inform on all my friends and relatives, perhaps I will be back in the good graces and rations of the party.

Let no good deed go unpunished!

ETA: Who or what the heck is "Rta"? Is it like a personification of the Juche?

RTA: Regional Transportation Authority (permeates everything and is everywhere yet nowhere, just like Comrade Red Square)

Claudia Rosett nailed it today in Forbes.com

It's Time To Restore Liberty

McCain spent more time promising to "fight" than he did explaining and championing the freedoms for which he himself once literally fought. Toward the end, it was a race in which both candidates were mainly hawking "change." On those vague and utopian terms, Obama had a hands-down lead.

I liked it so much that I posted this comment on Forbes. Let's hope she reads it.

RedSquare wrote:Excellent points. I also regretted that McCain wound up parroting Obama's spin which he could never do as smoothly as Obama himself could.

When Obama said during the first debate that he and his opponent had fundamental philosophical differences, McCain ducked the charge and continued to pretend they shared the same philosophy. But they did not! He should've said, "You bet we have different philosophies! Mine is that of individual liberty, prosperity, and hope - while yours is that of collective serfdom, misery, and despair!"

Instead, McCain allowed Obama to drag him into the leftist frame of references where Obama was king and made circles around the poor old guy. I hope the next Republican candidate will stand his ground and use the frame of references based on individual liberty - it would've done to Obama what salt does to a slug.

That is, if the next time the Republicans nominate someone who actually believes in individual liberty.

Red Square wrote:Would that be Minister of Patriotism and Taxation? Has a nice ring to it, sure to instill the fear of Stalin in those filthy wealth creators.

It's nice to see, Pupovich, that while everybody is distraught over the elections and trying to find their way in the changing reality, you continue steadily to promote your own career, benefits, connections, and rank. That's the Party spirit!

The Party will continue to be victorious for as long as it continues to attract such incorrigible patriots as Marshal Pupovich!

Many Thanks Glorious Red Square! Yes, I like that even better, the Minister of Patriotism and Taxation. I for one do not understand why other comrades are not busy trying to see where they can contribute to the new reality that we have fought for so long. But as you say, I have kept my eye on the prize.... yes indeed. Now I will find out just how patriotic everyone truly are.

Yes, gives a whole new meaning to "questioning someone's patriotism."

The Repubs continually questioned our patriotism - now it's time to start questioning theirs!

duhflushtech wrote:ETA: Who or what the heck is "Rta"? Is it like a personification of the Juche?

Rta (or "Reuta") is Sanskrit for "order, harmony, and balance of the cosmos." What kind of multicultural progressive are you?! Hurry off to the K. Marx Reeducation Center and immerse yourself in the Dharma of the Vedic sutras before Comrades Vlad and Bruno run out of fresh meat! Although, watching Dharma and Greg will satify the same course requirement.

["Regional Transportation Authority" also works.]

Dr. Strangelove wrote:What kind of multicultural progressive are you?!

Not a very good one apparently, though now that we are in an environment conducive to learning the ways of the progressive, I am sure to be enlightened soon at one of the Gulags run by Great Comrade Obama's Defense Force, or perhaps in a state-funded world history class taught by Bill Ayers. But in my defense, the proles aren't supposed to know anything anyway. I leave it up to the Party and the Messiah to decide what is best for me, so I am never in danger of rational thought or other dangerous concepts. All I need to know to do the will of the Party is which end of a shovel goes into the ground.

Ah, Comrade duhflushtech is a quick learner! The Party hereby sentences you to immediate execution for thought crimes against humanity. Beg for your life from the All Merciful Obamessiah.

Red Square wrote:Yes, gives a whole new meaning to "questioning someone's patriotism."

The Repubs continually questioned our patriotism - now it's time to start questioning theirs!

I just thought you should know another move I have been considering now that our time has arrived. General Mousey Tongue has been following in my pawprints so to speak, and has been seeking further means by which he can serve the Party. He was wondering about a position in propaganda, but of course that is an area where we have much talent already. But I may have found a good position for him to serve that will fit his talents and even give him some propaganda time as well.

I believe General Cat (Mousey Tongue) should be elevated to Surgeon General of the USSA. Sure, this does not sound as glamorous when compared to it's previous inhabitants. However, with the start of the Obamessiah's Universal Health Care, this position takes on a whole new gamut of power and responsibility, not to mention a position from which he can skim his needs from. It will take a tremendous influx of patriotism, which will be collected by my Ministry of Patriotism and Taxation, to provide the funds needed For the Common Good™. Because this is the People's Patriotism™ being collected and spent, then of course the State has a vested interest in how this patriotism is spent, and what sort of personal behavior and recreation that pose a risk to the individual, and therefore the state, that may be allowed and that may be restricted. This will also entail considerable propaganda as well.

Oh, and Glorious Red Cube, while I am full of it, ideas that is, may I suggest that Commissar Theocritus be nominated for Supreme Court Justice? As Obamessiah suggested, he wanted judges that ruled based on compassion and caring, not on empty, faceless, heartless concepts as written law. Who is more compassioonate than Commissar Theocritus? Who uses the flowery language necessary for the position better than Commissar Theocritus? Who is more unbiased in regard to his impaling?

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Beg for your life from the All Merciful Obamessiah.

In accordance with your command, I did beg for mercy. The benevolent Obamessiah (may he be praised), in his great mercy, downgraded my sentence to life in hard labor, but only if I give up my guns. Since I already lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident, I quickly kissed his feet and took the offer.

duhflushtech wrote:
AbecedariusRex wrote:
Dr. Idi Amin wrote:What? You dare claim my title?

It is I, his Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshall Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC ['Victorious Cross'], DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular, and Professor of Geography, who is the last king of Scotland!

I eat you, fishy!
The history of the world, my sweet,
Is who gets eaten and who gets to eat!
-Stephen Sondheim

I sense a disturbance in the force...

My goodness. It seems the doctors are all in agreement that I need a little more peace and hope in my life lest something strange happen to my DNA and I get too upset. From now on I will only be contemplating the best things about this great and glorious regime and only the happy things of life, such as flowers and butterflies and sunsets. I do hope that no comrade was too upset by my sudden and rather dramatic alteration and that no one whose internal organs I might have accidentally flayed is suffering too great a loss (I would return the organs but they are in a, um, lessened state). From now on my posts will only be placid and full of hope. I see four fingers and fields of rolling green.

Putin has begun testing the mettle of Our Young Lord Barry by positioning nuclear missiles on the borders of Russia's former territories. Putin will come to fear the stammering Lord Barry when he issues vague ultimatums and deadlines and threatens the Rogue with UN SANCTIONS, people! Then we shall see indeed if he is willing as we hope and suspect he is, to cede Alaska back to its rightful owners.

EMERGENCY !!

According to USSR Today, 57,434,084 people voted for John Mc Cain for president. These numbers will absolutely OVERWHELM my re-education camps! I need emergency assistance.

My only recourse is most of these voters will have to become organ donors.

The People's input on this crisis is badly needed.

-- Information Minister

Vienna Sausages. - not as in "feed to them" but as in "turn them into". Food for the masses; depletion of voting power. What's not to like?

Yes, Comrade Abe! That is an excellent idea! We can kill two birds with one stone by feeding the poor to the hungry!

Good Herr Doktor, the poor are well-fed and fattened, ready to be harvested of their fois gras and served in every Chicago restaurant, if need be.

Ah, yes. Po' boy pâté anyone? We need to get 'Che' Gourmet on this right away!

Have you forgotten Hope and Change comrades? Those are not going to be Vienna Saudages like your mom fed you.... No, they will be forever known as Obama Steak from here on.

Abe, Dr. Strange, Tonya, Marhal Pup:

It is bloggers like you who make me proud to call myself a Democrat. In your honor, I will continue to vote even after I die, which is a firmly established tradition in Chicago anyway. My grandfather--who "died" in 1976--hasn't missed an election since Mondale. He only votes once, but he is set in his ways.

--Your Information Minister

Marshal Pupovich wrote:Have you forgotten Hope and Change comrades?Those are not going to be Vienna Sausages like your mom fed you.... No,they will be forever known as Obama Steak from here on.

Obamaha Steaks?

Or better yet:
<br>Andouillette d'Obama avec les écrous coupés!
Oui nous pouvons, mon Maréchal!

Clearly, such fancy and expensive cuisine such as what we currently refer to as steak, will only be available for the Inner Party. The risk of eating such high fat and protein foods could play havoc on the population as a whole, and since the state will now be paying for their health care, we have to make sure the general population is only fed affordable, safe nutrition.

Information Minister wrote:EMERGENCY !!

According to USSR Today, 57,434,084 people voted for John Mc Cain for president. These numbers will absolutely OVERWHELM my re-education camps! I need emergency assistance.

[HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]My only recourse is most of these voters will have to become organ donors.

[/HIGHLIGHT]The People's input on this crisis is badly needed.

-- Information Minister

To Information Minister:

Put in for some "bailout" $$$ before it's history.

PS: I will be needing the hypothalamus glands for the BBQ at Commissar Theocritis' rancho.
Please remove them and catagorize them according to quality and freshness. Only the best for the Inner Party, you know. I'm ServSafe certified and don't need those health department goons trying to give me problems. Gracias, in advance, comrade.

your extremely engaged Chef,

Che' Gourmet

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Marshal Pupovich wrote:Have you forgotten Hope and Change comrades?Those are not going to be Vienna Sausages like your mom fed you.... No,they will be forever known as Obama Steak from here on.

Obamaha Steaks?

Or better yet:
<br>Andouillette [HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]d'Obama avec les écrous coupés[/HIGHLIGHT]!
Oui nous pouvons, mon Maréchal!

My fine foodie friend Dr. Stranglove,

French nuts in a dessert cup? That's a great suggestion for the main dessert selection. Excuse me, Information Minister, where are you, comrade? Wolfgang, get him on the speaker phone! Si, senor...I will be needing the testicles....yes, you heard me right..but they must be from Republikkans of French ancestry only. If we co-ordinate (organize), we will indeed tackle this task with wondrous results. The Party will not tolerate inefficiency, comrade! Wolfgang, get some proles to clean out the freezer!

Again, Gracias my good Doctor for your fine suggestion.

your fellow foodie comrade,

Che' Gourmet

ON WITH THE PURGES!
VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

Che Gormet said:

"French nuts in a dessert cup?"

The French have the smallest nuts on the planet. It will take many, many nuts to fill even a dessert cup, so you are talking about an expensive proposition, sir.

However......

(Forgive me, the Information Minister is weak and could not resist this....)

They will probably SURRENDER them no problem!!

....Haw! Haw! Haw! Oh, I kill myself sometimes.

--Your Information Minister, who will be here all week, please tip your waitresses.

Information Minister wrote:Che Gormet said:

"French nuts in a dessert cup?"

The French have the smallest nuts on the planet. It will take many, many nuts to fill even a dessert cup, so you are talking about an expensive proposition, sir.

However......

(Forgive me, the Information Minister is weak and could not resist this....)

They will probably SURRENDER them no problem!!

....Haw! Haw! Haw! Oh, I kill myself sometimes.

--Your Information Minister, who will be here all week, please tip your waitresses.

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Andouillette d'Obama avec les écrous coupés!

The proper translation is "pork-stuffed intestinal sausage of Obama with chopped nuts." Please speak with Comrade Reverend Jackson for further details.

Good Doctor-

So sorry. Me bad! MY command of the French language....well it's non-existent!

My sincere apologies to the French. HA!HA! But, I still want to serve them up to the Inner Circle. I'll get with Comrade Jackson, although he didn't mention a specific recipe, nyet? He will probably offer up a "soulful" alternative, and no, I'm not a racist. Just don't care for the unhealthy cooking style. Plus, what would our dear Obamessiah say if we demonstrated such indulgence? Perhaps I should channel Leader Idi? He knows all when it comes to the proper use of gonads.

Information Minister - yes, you're right about the size, but since the testes will only be part of the recipe, size doesn't matter. (yeah, right). And you should know for future reference, the Inner Party spares no expense when it comes to Party Purges. It's the equivalent of National Investiture Day in Washington, DC. It's the day when the Party cleanses itself and reveals to the Proletariat, the sheer transparency of the Party's Doctrine. Truly a momentous occasion for all!

looking forward to the merriment, comrades,

Che' Gourmet

ALWAYS TOWARD VICTORY!

PS - Doctor- You were talking about the sausage and not refering to our Leader-Elect's intellect, nyet? Andouille can mean stupid or idiot, as well, comrade. After all the sausage is made of chitterlings and offal matter of animals; hence the use of heavy spices to make it palatable. Oh,....BTW...I won't report you for this (you did not use cone of silence with your comment about fearless Leader).....but I will be watching you!

Che Gourmet wrote: Image

PS - Doctor- You were talking about the sausage and not refering to our Leader-Elect's intellect, nyet? Andouille can mean stupid or idiot, as well, comrade. After all the sausage is made of chitterlings and offal matter of animals; hence the use of heavy spices to make it palatable. Oh,....BTW...I won't report you for this (you did not use cone of silence with your comment about fearless Leader).....but I will be watching you!

Ah, but I said "andouillette," not andouille (the former is the classic French sausage whereas the later is the Cajun version, hence the good Marshal's reaction).

Also, "of Obama" is meant to say it was invented or created by Obama rather than made from Obama. And as the Dear Leader will tell you, everything is better when it is stuffed with lots of pork!

Bon Appétit!

All I want to know is when is my andouille sausage going to be ready? I would prefer some in a gumbo right now, but I can settle for any good cajun dish.

Here you go, Marshal Pup. "Shicken" and andouille gumbo. You'll love it, I guarantee!

Ah, you warmed this old Marshal's heart with that Comrade Strangelove. I adore the late great Justin. He had a camp not far from where I work, and there is even a Justin Wilson museum in a bank not far away from where I work.

I am no cook, but even a simple thing like garlic bread, I learned to do best from Justin.

Mmmmmmmm! Who would have thought pepper goes good on garlic bread? But it did,

Now there's an idea: Flavored WealthSpreadTM for diverse tastes!

Garlic and Black Pepper
Pork Fat
Warming Cinnamon
Sticky Strawberry
and Chocolate Vaseline!

[No surprise. I dump black pepper on just about everything!]

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Here you go, Marshal Pup. "Shicken" and andouille gumbo. You'll love it, I guarantee!

Yo. Wha? No-no-no man. Wha? I'm out for the crib, be watchin that ol-school shiz. This be the New age of my man, G-The-One. We show ya how to do the real wealth spread.

Comrade “Pul” хулиганье
Tiglath-Pileser III
Over 2753 Years of Organizing Communities

Thug-Marxist wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Here you go, Marshal Pup. "Shicken" and andouille gumbo. You'll love it, I guarantee!

Yo. Wha? No-no-no man. Wha? I'm out for the crib, be watchin that ol-school shiz. This be the New age of my man, G-The-One. We show ya how to do the real wealth spread.

Comrade “Pul” хулиганье
Tiglath-Pileser III
Over 2753 Years of Organizing Communities

fo' shizzle my crizzle!