Frosty transitions

Frosty and Sooty.jpg

Beloved children's icon formerly known as Frosty the Snowman has announced the completion of her transition into a coalwoman named Sooty.

According to Sooty, the change was spurred by years of soul searching and several college courses on systematic oppression by white male capitalist patriarchy. Said Sooty, "I always knew there was something wrong in my life, but it wasn't until I attended college and started delving into left-wing Critical Theory that I discovered the problem."

Sooty came to realize that she had been a victim of white male oppression since the beginning of her life. "I was created by white male children who shaped me into their own image without my consent. My soul has always been that of a black female, and this mismatch has caused me untold grief and psychological harm over the years."

Once Sooty learned the cause of her suffering, she made a New Year's resolution to transition into a coalwoman, and, after over a month of intensive substance replacement therapy, she has finally achieved mind-body-substance-gender symmetry. She exchanged her iconic silk hat for an afro and her red and green scarf for a rainbow-colored one. She has retained only her classic corncob pipe for functional purposes related to her use of marijuana "for medical reasons."

Although Sooty has achieved her goal of personal transformation, she's not stopping there. Sooty continues to promote societal transformation by advancing social justice causes and fighting against threats such as climate change and substancism (discrimination based on substance).

"Rising temperatures have always been a concern to me, for obvious reasons," she said. "Millions of snowpeople succumb to global warming thaw caused by carbon dioxide emissions every year. Coalpeople are similarly endangered by the threat of spontaneous combustion, which releases even more CO2, resulting in a vicious cycle. Coal is, of course, commonly burned by the energy-corporate complex in an unholy alliance of substancism and climate violence."

Regarding the intersectional relationship between substancism and racism, Sooty explained, "The substancist-racist nature of society couldn't be clearer than around Christmas time. Children are taught to pray to get snow, which is white, and hope they don't get coal, which is black. The association of white snow with goodness and black coal with badness is blatant."

Sooty has, expectedly, faced discrimination for her lifestyle and views, which she claims has been exacerbated by last presidential election. "People commonly misgender and missubstance me, asking whether I am or used to be Frosty the Snowman, and they try to touch me to see if the coal is real, among other humiliating acts. I suspect the so-called 'President' is promoting this behavior as part of his personal vendetta against me. He clearly suffers from psychological derangement, a subject with which I am well acquainted...I majored in the psychology of oppression, after all."

It is not yet known when or how the famous song or children's cartoon will be edited to reflect Sooty the Coalwoman's new identity.

Long overdue, comrades....

But perhaps I overlooked a small detail, is Sooty now a member of the Religion of Peace?

How will Sooty reconcile being the founding member of the #CoalLivesMatter movement and the fact that coal has been declared an environmental toxin?

Imperatorskiy Pingvin wrote:How will Sooty reconcile being the founding member of the #CoalLivesMatter movement and the fact that coal has been declared an environmental toxin?

Reconciliation is for babies. Sooty will become uncomfortable, then hide in her safe room and snivel till the offending substagendoracist is executed and placed in detention. It's that simple.

Imperatorskiy Pingvin wrote:How will Sooty reconcile being the founding member of the #CoalLivesMatter movement and the fact that coal has been declared an environmental toxin?

Through the Marx-honored tradition known as "dialectic," of course.

Now report to Pinkie. Your post is way too close to something called "thinking."

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Through the Marx-honored tradition known as "dialectic," of course.

Now report to Pinkie. Your post is way too close to something called "thinking."

Interestingly enough, I just picked up a new copy as I loaned mine to one of the students at the Institute and he was taken in for questioning submitted himself for re-education. So Pinkie has my copy, along with all my invaluable notes scribbled in the margins.

Marx - Dialectics.jpg

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Long overdue, comrades....

But perhaps I overlooked a small detail, is Sooty now a member of the Religion of Peace?
An excellent question, comrade. I note that she is not wearing a hijab. Tsk. How Islamophobic.

Frosty of youth my had coal buttons. Since coal no longer Party Approved maybe recycle leftover campaign buttons from dear MTE?

I denounce comrade Chernobyl for that disgraceful insinuation that our beloved MTE's political days are over, thus her buttons are "leftovers".

You can leave your ration cards in my box at the train station, you won't need them where you are going. Dress warmly, and remember, "if you can't trust your cellie, don't sleep on your belly..."

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:I denounce comrade Chernobyl for that disgraceful insinuation that our beloved MTE's political days are over, thus her buttons are "leftovers".

You can leave your ration cards in my box at the train station, you won't need them where you are going. Dress warmly, and remember, "if you can't trust your cellie, don't sleep on your belly..."
After Trumpitler impeach by Peoples Hero Waters, MTE again run. Need new buttons say something like "Deep in heart I know shes right". (With no apologies to Thought Criminal Barry Goldwater.)