Funny Cause It's true

I have become aware of a new documentary being filmed by the Ministry of LumpenKulture

http://io9.com/5370777/red-dawn-remakes ... s/gallery/

All hail the party

End Communication

This could catch on. Oh! Glorious day. Red sickles everywhere!

I'm still waiting on the remake of "The Russian Have Landed"... this time, we'll defeat those pesky Amerikans!

A very funny movie indeed. But I'm waiting for Sean Penn to star in a re-make of "Red Dawn" that has a happy ending.

Dear Comrade Whoopie, what could be happier, than death to Amerikans and a glorious win for Mother DubberRussia?!

Comrade Whoopie wrote:A very funny movie indeed. But I'm waiting for Sean Penn to star in a re-make of "Red Dawn" that has a happy ending.

If Sean Penn is in it, it's probably about Hugo Chavez invading Malibu to free the people from the clutches of big corporations that have imprisoned them in multi-million dollar beach homes.

It's hard to tell the difference between the faux Bolshevik propaganda & the real hope & change obamaganda

{off} Should be a good movie. The original Red Dawn was quite good, and the new one is supposed to uphold the same ideals as the original.

{off} Reading some of the comments on that site, folks find it impossible to consider that the ChiComs (or NorKs, or Russkies) would invade us, while I would point out that they still have a major hard-on for Taiwan, and with the FedGov owing them so much, they might get pretty pissy over us paying them back (very nicely illustrated in the thread about Chinese "investment advisors" in the White House). While the circumstances have changed from when it was written, Eric L. Harry's Invasion I think accurately shows how the ChiComs could attack us, without getting too deeply into the "why" of it. Another scenario could be that they come to help "stabilize" our country (with the blessing of the UN) after some catastrophic event, like a mega-natural disaster (take Haiti X100 and apply to Cali), or terrorist attack (all of the Middle East hates Israel; Iran could launch their nukes at them and the US, and Barry would freeze with indecision while golfing).

I can't be the only one who's getting tired of remakes, from stuff that first came out when I was growing up. (Dammit, I'm not that old! Alright, I'm closer to 40 than 30, but I've still got the mental maturity of a 21-year-old!) Ok, after Red Dawn aired, my Scout troop had a growth spurt and we named our new patrol the Wolverines (by the time I left, we'd lost members, and it was merged back into the other two patrols).

Pontiac, MI? Why that's just up the street.... I'd like to be an extra, I'll galdly hold a "Down with Amerikkka" sign in the background, comrades, while wearing my favorite 'I Cha Cha with Che' shirt.