Great Quotes: Then and Now

We already had Words, Then and Now and Democrats: Then and Now. This is our third installment.

Martin Luther King, Jr.: "I have a dream."
Barack Obama: "I have a sleeping disorder."

Ronald Reagan: "We have a rendezvous with destiny."
Barack Obama: "We have an afternoon decaf with a possibility."

John F. Kennedy: "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
Barack Obama: "We'll pay a bargain price, bear a reasonable burden, inconvenience ourselves a little bit, argue with friends, apologize to foes, in order to facilitate preconditions for the success of compliance."

Churchill-Compare.jpg
Winston Churchill: "There is no such thing as a good tax."
Obummer: "Did someone say tax? Where do I sign!?"

Then: "I did not have sex with that woman."

Now: "If you like the stains on your blue dress, you can keep the stains on your blue dress."

In a hastily-called press-conference on Putin's occupation of Crimea poised to soon occupy Ukraine, Obama tells the White House press corps corpse:

"This is not the Putin you're looking for...

... This impostor doesn't have the Reset Button I gave the REAL Putin along with:

• my cancellation of the missile-defense installantions that Bush 43 had arranged to be installed in Pole-Land and the Chechoslovakian Republic,

the reversing of the punitive measures Bush 43 imposed for the Pre-Obama Putin's seizure of part of Georgia,

the Green Light in Syria,

the relaxation of sanctions against Iran,

my pulling out of Iraq without a StatFor agreement,

my prescient announcement in 2011 that the War in Afghanistan will end at the end of 2014,

my dramatically downsizing the U.S. military, and

my continuing to prop-up oil prices to flood Putin's treasury with petro-dollars by preventing construction of the Keystone pipeline, by preventing expansion of drilling on any federal land, and by making new drilling off-shore virtually impossible.

Thus, if we just have patience, the REAL Putin will show-up and oust this imposter and promptly join me in a push-button game of 'Reset.'"

--KOOK

Comrade Kook
KOOK wrote:
  • my pulling out of Iraq without a StatFor agreement,
--KOOK
Any party member knows that, while engaged in a private intimate..uuh, negotiations with someone, if you pull out perhaps a tad prematurely, the result is big mess that not even a generous cleaning with my finest beet vodka can overcome. For instance, what US is experiencing from glorious leader is not pleasant. Simply laying there and taking it is only inviting rougher treatment. Indeed, the prospect of him pulling out a bit sooner might be better for planet...and my Vodka intake. At least Vladimir leaves a dollar pinned to the pillow...

Combatus Interruptus... Proven to fail every time.