Green is the new Red

[img]/images/Green_New_Red.jpg[/img]

130 Environmental Groups Call For An End To Capitalism

Our staunch comrades in the Environmental Wing have come out for the abolishment of the "hegemonic capitalist system" in the final draft of the Margarita Declaration. Yes, it is actually called the Margarita Declaration, I couldn't make this up. I do wonder if these declared margaritas are made with officially sanctioned beet vodka.

I digress. The best part is: "But many poor countries, like Venezuela, do not support a “green economy” solution to global warming, instead, arguing that rich countries should give poor nations cash payments and technology transfers." I interpret this to mean that the poorer countries want food stamps and Obama Phones. And who wouldn't. Perhaps some state supplied contraception to go along with it?

Will we need the International Date Line once we all reach the Glorious World of Next Tuesday?

Red Salmon wrote:First, I apologize for my frequent posting. There is just so much fodder good news that I feel compelled to share.
Red Salmon
Balderdash salmon. Do not salmon frequently survive through unimaginably large numbers? This is simply in line with one old and very respected law of progressive philosophy. Sometimes, what lacks in quality can be made up for in quantity.

"Will we need the International Date Line once we all reach the Glorious World of Next Tuesday?"

The International Date Line is the last bastion of inequality. Imagine - a world in which half have Monday when the other half has Tuesday. The North and South poles should also be eliminated! It isn't fair that Australia has summer when I'm shoveling 3 feet of global warming off my Yugo so that the suspension doesn't go wonky. Unequal distribution of time and temperature must be abolished and I trust the Sierra Club will take care of that, as soon as they fix the other stuff.

Most Equal Thought Sheriff,

Thanks, I think.

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:Most Equal Thought Sheriff,

Thanks, I think.

Red Salmon
You are welcome to thank, but Don't think.
-Thought Sheriff.

Notice to all breeding comrades, (and would-be breeders)

At the stroke of midnight this coming Next Tuesday Eve™ all able comrades will take their assigned positions in the International Date Line and await spawning instructions.

Craptek out -

It's really quite simple:

Red is the New Blue is the New Green is the New Red

Before 2000, The Media used Red for Democrats and Blue for Republicans. But in Reporting Election 2000, to reverse the identification of Democrats as "Reds," The Media made Red the New Blue and Blue the New Red. Then The Media Identified Blue as the New Green to Denote Democrats as the Protectors of Mother Earth.

Now, the Tea Party wants to make Green the New Red.

But the Reds in China are the least protective of our Mother Earth ...

But on the other hand, the Chinese Reds, like the Greens, who are now the new Reds, are also least protective of the antiquated concepts of Individual Liberty in favor of Collectiveness.

So, perhaps I should be Red.

It's so confusing.

--KOOK

Watermelons, comrades, this is what we must be. Green on the outside, but a full belly of red on the inside.

KOOK wrote:It's really quite simple:

Red is the New Blue is the New Green is the New

Before 2000, The Media used Red for Democrats and Blue for Republicans. But in Reporting Election 2000, to reverse the identification of Democrats as "Reds," The Media made Red the New Blue and Blue the New Red. Then The Media Identified Blue as the New Green to Denote Democrats as the Protectors of Mother Earth.

Now, the Tea Party wants to make Green the New Red.

But the Reds in China are the least protective of our Mother Earth ...

But on the other hand, the Chinese Reds, like the Greens, who are now the new Reds, are also least protective of the antiquated concepts of Individual Liberty in favor of Collectiveness.

So, perhaps I should be Red.

It's so confusing.

--KOOK

Sounds like Kook is singing the blues....

Komrade Katz wrote:"Will we need the International Date Line once we all reach the Glorious World of Next Tuesday?"

The International Date Line is the last bastion of inequality. Imagine - a world in which half have Monday when the other half has Tuesday. The North and South poles should also be eliminated! It isn't fair that Australia has summer when I'm shoveling 3 feet of global warming off my Yugo so that the suspension doesn't go wonky. Unequal distribution of time and temperature must be abolished and I trust the Sierra Club will take care of that, as soon as they fix the other stuff.

Also abolish east and west. I can never remember which is which in maps and travel directions. Besides, who besides evil Orientalists would dare to say where "east" begins?

At this point, we should outlaw all colors that are not shades of red.

In the meantime, more hashtag diplomacy!
[highlight=#ffffff]#EndTheIDL!!![/highlight]

I'm starting to think that there is ANOTHER international "date" line that does not need my credit card and charge my telephone for calls to a 1-900 number...

Communist posters used to have a lot of red - now it's all green. Green is the new red.

This was emailed to us by the reader named Mari, who wrote: "Nomenklatura-approved signage outside a Giant Supermarket store in Philadelphia, PA. Welcome, Comrade, to Moscow West."

I have always loved fair food. Elephant ears, corn dogs, deep-fried pickles ... zeppole, sausage and peppers ... all the wonderful things we get at Fairs.

RedDiaperette wrote:I have always loved fair food. Elephant ears, corn dogs, deep-fried pickles ... zeppole, sausage and peppers ... all the wonderful things we get at Fairs.

Comrade - I believe you had one too many saucers of milk last night. Rest.

I must regretfully join my voice to Comrade Squirrel. The only things people get at fairs today are beatings within an inch of their life, shot, shot again and beatings again. (This is why we can't have any nice food.)