HE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE!

BRING ON THE CLONES!

2933680197_b9d19a1db7.jpg

"President Obama said Monday that he will ensure the government never "opens the door" for human cloning, before signing an order to lift restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.

Some critics say the stem cell research can lead to human cloning, but Obama said his administration would develop "strict guidelines" to avoid such experimentation.
"We cannot ever tolerate misuse or abuse. And we will ensure that our government never opens the door to the use of cloning for human reproduction," Obama said. "It is dangerous, profoundly wrong, and has no place in our society, or any society.""

His O'lyness didn't say you cannot create clones for research, just for reproduction.

"Rather, Obama said he was signing the order to unlock the potential for scientists to find better treatments for ailments ranging from diabetes to Parkinson's disease to cancer.
"That potential will not reveal itself on its own. Medical miracles do not happen simply by accident. They result from painstaking and costly research," Obama said. He said the move rejects the "false choice"between science and morality."

quotes from Faux News

Uncle Joe would be so proud of the ONETM as the motherland never quite got the ape man hybrids quite right. But soon we shall tread down the road of progress!

CONE

Somewhere I believe Dr Joseph Mengele is smiling tonight.

mengele-in-sshat.jpg

His victims however, are not.

RomaniChildrenm.jpg

Am I implying his O'lyness would soon be championing mad scientist experiments on humans?

Am I implying stem research on human embryos will lead to other, far more heinous "science"?

These are good questions.

I have been to Dachau and I will NEVER forget what I saw there.

And I will admit I have no easy and practical solution to the thousands of frozen embryos that are sitting unwanted in a liquid nitrogen bath. But I don't think there are many people suffering from paralysis, Parkinson's, early Alzheimer's, etc that if you asked them if they would freely give their life they have now as embryos so other may be free of these diseases, I'm not so sure they would volunteer to do what they now so loudly champion.

Eugenics was certainly the higher thinking one hundred years ago. I'm not so sure my shortness, poor eyesight, and unattractiveness would pass muster in the future Gattica.

Has any of the friends here read Larry Niven? He wrote a short story called "The Jigsaw Man" and it was first published in 1967 in a Harlan Ellison collection, "Dangerous Visions"

This was the first organ transplant story of his Known Space. Condemned criminals were no longer discarded after execution but sent to the donor banks so folks could live another 100 years or so and then longer. But soon, even crimes that today would be considered misdemeanors carried the death penalty because, after all, the organ banks needed materials. Awww, poor criminals, YEAH CITIZENS!

My point is one should be careful of the slippery slope one trods. (I wasn't careful last week and busted my elbow good on the damn ice in GA.)

Hell, maybe ol' George Lucas was onto something after all,

clones-1.jpg

Comrade I find the photo of emaciated children disconcerting. An obvious fake. It's well known in the glorious people's republic of Iran that, although comrade Hitler is to be lauded for killing off 6 million Jews, the holocaust never happened.

Stalin would be proud of us. Now we can have designer cloned babies and Mankeys to enforce The People's Party's happiness.

"Unlocking federal funding" is the key phrase, more stimulus goodness. Private investment funds Adult Stem Cell research marking it as the likely avenue of success.

I must confess, as many here have perceived, I am not good with words. Neither do I claim to be an answer man. I am cursed with a left dominant engineers mind. I am an ANOVA analysis idiot. If I cannot get a P value, I cannot make a business decision based on my data sets at work.

That being said, the main point I want everyone to remember, because questionable things have been done by mankind with similar rationalizations.

"He [Obama] said the move rejects the "false choice"between science and morality."

Can we afford to live in a world where science trumps morality every time?

I thinks it's likely that The One is reading off the teleprompter "false choice between __________ and _________. " Fill in the blank for the initiative of the day. Morality to democrats is a moving target or a "living document" type word subject to redefinition when convenient. To democrats "science" is a means to an end, it too subject a "massaging" of the numbers - global warming becomes climate change.

Red Jim wrote:Image

I thinks it's likely that The One is reading off the teleprompter "false choice between __________ and _________. " Fill in the blank for the initiative of the day. Morality to democrats is a moving target or a "living document" type word subject to redefinition when convenient. To democrats "science" is a means to an end, it too subject a "massaging" of the numbers - global warming becomes climate change.

Comrade Jim, I cannot dispute your wisdom, however, there is someone standing behind the curtain filling his O'lyness' teleprompter with words to read so eloquently. Hence my worry.

(off)
Why have people create (birth) life which could vote Republican when you could save/create a life which will vote democrat?

False choice between HOPE and CHANGE?

Comrade Reiuxcat,

Are you suggesting The One has a Rovian equivalent?

Comrade Commissar_E,

The best part is that the discarded embryos can ALSO vote democrat!

Commissar Obamissar V wrote:

False choice between HOPE and CHANGE?

Comrade Reiuxcat,

Are you suggesting The One has a Rovian equivalent?

Comrade Commissar_E,

The best part is that the discarded embryos can ALSO vote democrat!
It's a big win-win for the Party, we have a legit voter, and a necro-proxy voter. If the RethugliKKKans ask, we accuse them of being racists. . .
(off)
. . . even though race has nothing to do with it. Don't you just love voter fraud?

Comrades, this is only one step of many, in placing the fate of the people into the hands of the Glorious and Perfect State in order to creating the perfect society, perfect race, perfect jelly bean. I won't be surprised if one day the nationalization of all embryos is mandated - much as it is already in China, now.