How things will change when Romney's president

The media will look back on the Obama years as if they were a golden age of long ago when the world was young, the sun always shinned, it never rained unless Obama commanded so, the nation was at peace and the economy had flourished strong and America was loved the world over... Paradise.

...but it was a lost cause. A lovely tender flower of a lost cause. They'll act like Confederates after the War of the Rebellion but they'll get the roles of the antagonists all confused and they'll create battles out of whole cloth to brag about.

One week after Romney takes the oath of office:

The economy won't be reported as "in recovery" as it is now, suddenly it will be reported as the worst economy since the great depression! It is a great depression! All because of Romney! One week after Romney takes the oath of office. ...but the media will act as if the Obama years had never been. The media will report as if Bush were president and then was succeeded by Romney.

All those people on food stamps? The media will report how terrible that is! The poverty! Food stamps and IBT cards are the modern era version of soup lines! There's millions of poor starving people lining up in the modern soup lines! And it's all Romney's fault! His policies are making the poor poorer and the rich richer!

...the media will act as if the Obama years had never been. The media will report as if Bush were president and then was succeeded by Romney.

Lets see... The Mid-East? Romney is the man that lost the Mid-East. One week after he takes the oath of office.

The price of gas? Oh, boy! Don't make me laugh. Romney's really screwed up there. The price of gas is double what it was only a few years ago when Bush left office. Now that Romney's been in the oval office the all important price of gas is going through the roof. Do you know how the price of gasoline affects the economy and the working poor? The media is going to let you know. Does Romney care? His buddies in the oil industry are robbing the nation on Romney's specific orders and then he's outsourcing all the lost jobs to China!

...one week after he takes the oath of office.

I could go on but I won't boor you with the repetition.

The media will paint a picture of the beautiful Lost Cause of the Obama years destroyed by the Republicans on the one hand and then completely erase the Obama presidency from memory on the other. As if we went from Bush directly to Romney.

Soon, people won't know what's what. I can see those New York Times stories now. It's going to be more surreal than an Obama speech.

There's going to be some changes all right, but not on the left.

AndersonCooper.jpg

chrismatthews.jpg
I can hardly wait for the first post-election earthquake, tsunami, or hurricane :)

He'll finally install that 'car elevator' we've heard so much about...

romney-car-elevator1.jpg

He seems to like older Volkswagens...

romney-car-elevator2.jpg

Comrades,

If Mittens™ gets elected, we will need a Coat Hanger Czar for back alley abortions. Contraceptives will only be available through 1920's-style Speak Easys, which will be renamed Fluke-easys. Rich people will be able to keep their money. The Astroturf Bowel Movement™[occupied] will be required to take showers and get jobs. Chris "fritz" Matthews will have an aneuryism down his leg and die. No more will we have great art like Andreas Serrano and his Piss Christ. Mittens will replace it with reruns of Howdy Doody and Father Knows Best. Andrea Mitchell will finally be fired. David Letterhead will finally get arrested for pedophilia and then beaten into a coma in prison. Nanski Peloski will be abducted by space aliens who look like Bawney Fwank in diapers. And Dear Leader will have to sell his Hyde Park mansion to... rethuglikkkans!

NOOooooo!!!

A graph so simple even Matthspews could explain it.
Graph.jpg

What the hell is the matter with all of you? Am I the only one here who watches MSNBC and CNN and all the other networks except Faux News? THE ELECTION IS ALREADY OVER AND ROMNEY HAS LOST! He's waa-aaay behind in all the polls! All of them! No one likes him. No one is going to vote for him. He's already a loser. THE loser. Everything he says and does turns to crap.

Romney doesn't even have to steal the election to destroy this country; he's doing it right now with his futile campaigning. All he's doing is preventing Obama from helping the American people, because now Obama is forced to campaign against him. Against a totally fubar loser!

Romney should concede the election now for the good of the country. Obviously he doesn't care about the good of the country, but everyone already knew that anyway, which is why his poll numbers are currently at -848,592,445 and still plunging like the Titanic. And with only forty-odd days left till Election Day, I should remind you comrades that they couldn't turn the Titanic around in forty days, either.

Remember that stupid hokey debt clock at the RNC convention? What we need is a poll clock for Romney that shows how his numbers continue to plummet by the second. Just take that debt clock, stick a minus in front of it and let 'er rip.

Pinkie's right! Psychotic, but absolutely right! Peace had been sprouting across the Middle East ever since His Obamaness gave his "I like Islam" speech in Cairo. Iran stopped enriching uranium, the Muslim Brotherhood opened an LGBT outreach program, and the Palestinian Authority sent Netanyahu a fruit basket.

Then the Republicans went and nominated a candidate rather than simply conceding the unstopable greatness of His Obamaness. The Middle East justifiably erupted into terrified violence at the audacity of the Republicans. They in general and Romney in particular are the reason behind the recent man-caused disasters in Libya.

RomneyGhostToCome.jpg
I believe that comrades Pinkie and Betinov are (probably) correct - I have chosen to view the horrifying possibility that Romney might be elected more as the Ghost of President Yet to Come, i.e., preventable if we simply persevere in our Progressive ways. And vote early and often.

reaganville.jpg
One week after Romney takes the oath of office:

Construction of Romneyville will begin.

Pinkie,

I just cannot accept such... such... optimism. This has all the ear marx of a bad acid trip. I'm a prog. Therefore I'm the eternal pessimist; the hand-wringer of no consequences (except when I wear the skin to the bone). The mere possibility of a Mittens™ defeat gives me delusions of resolved issues, problems solved and controversy ended. This cannot be allowed. It should never be allowed. Having no outstanding crisis, and issues to demagogue, is no life for a prog who cares and wants to show the kindest intentions of solving problems without actually lifting a finger.

No, Commissarka, I can't bear this burden. I would rather feel the blunt end of your most equal shovel across my cranial regions than have to endure a world without pessimism, doom and gloom.

FOR MORE EARS!!!

"No one I know is voting for Romney."
- The late Pauline Kael

What other proof do we need?

Psychotic, Comrade Sexy Brain?
More like....Prophetess!!!
Testify, Pinky!! As always, the voice of reason
in a sea of shovel-dented melons.

Madwoman and Medium, the line is often thin between the two. Or so they say in Chailot.

I hear that all the non-Mormon puppies will be killed, just to make Dear Leader apply for food stamps (which will be done away with...)

Oh dear. The thought of a Moochele that hungry is terrifying!