Individualism is Really Scary

Recently I tried to find the Komrade who found "individualism" scary. Couldn't find him but found this:

Yes, it's from Easy Rider, the movie. Once again I provide a video to make my case. I just can't help myself. Still, I was quite surprised by this. Sixties Radicals Rule!

Individualism has been found to be the least intimidating in groups of 12 .

Pamalinsky wrote:Recently I tried to find the Komrade who found "individualism" scary. Couldn't find him but found this:
Yes, it's from Easy Rider, the movie. Once again I provide a video to make my case. I just can't help myself. Still, I was quite surprised by this. Sixties Radicals Rule!

Prog Off.png

The sixties radicals/hippies I knew were not "free' - they were slaves to an ideology. They thought the word "freedom" was interchangeable with "different" - and were neither. They considered "liberty" a "license" to transgress social boundaries as they saw fit. They had not been introduced to the more traditional concept of "ordered liberty" - it never entered their minds. As in Easy Rider, they prattled endlessly about the evils of materialism, capitalism, and regimentation and their corrosive effects on "the individual" - all this, while living pampered, protected lives in a country that tolerated their "individuality".

Free is when you don't have to pay for nothing or do nothing. We wanna be free!

Here is a quiz on "individualism"... see if you can answer correktly.

Individualism means:
a) if everyone around me does "A", I must also do "A" whether I want to or not
b) if everyone around me does "A", I must do something else even if I want to do "A"
c) I am doing "A" because I want to, regardless of what everyone else is doing

Answer:
If you are a Democrat (or a black, hispanic, journalist or academic which must, by definition, be Democrats) the answer is (a.)
If you are a Republican or white heterosexual male, the answer is (b) if the Democrats are doing A.
Under no circumstances is the answer (c). Anyone who answers (c) will be arrested.

Me and Bobby McDonald's

Individualism's just another word for
cowboy capitalist rationalization of political hegemony
and empty crass capitalist materialism is all that
Bobby left me...

Good one, Komrade Karl!

Excellent parse of "freedom's just another word for nuthin' left to lose."

I would like to extrapolate on your idea, if I may, by referring to the word "delusional." The first cry from those who think this can be remedied is "You need help!" Just what kinda help are we talkin' about?" Yes, so many of our Komrades are called this. It's not fair! I mean, we have a right to voice our opinion without being opposed!
Freedom of Speeeeeaaach! (For me but not for thee. It's YOU who are delusional!)

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
To me, "delusional" is just another word for "full of crap." There is no "help" that can cure this. I know this personally because a relative of mine, who has claimed to be raped and robbed by "people in the attic" who do things like clog her clothes dryer and create cuts in her frying pans, to name just a few. She has claimed this all her life. She will claim anything to absolve herself from any responsibility for anything at all times. And, I mean anything. She said, when asked if she told her therapist about this, "Oh no! He'd think I'm crazy." She refuses any help, good help, at all times. One thing she said regarding these issues was "I just need to know someone cares."

Captain Craptek
<Dittos, if you'll pardon the expression, on your Prog Off!

And, you too, Dedhedvedev! And Leeroy and Opiate and General!

If it weren't for you guys, I don't know what I would do. It's hard to continue when so much insanity surrounds us. Sometimes I get quite dizzy. Literally. Thank you!

Well said, Dear Fhalkyn, most beautiful soaring bird,

Falcons often go against their true free nature when they are blinded by their trainers and rewarded through food to return to their masters.

Excellent example.

Dear Comraderesses P,

About your dizziness you referred to a few posts earlier...............

When walking through upside-down world, disorientation and nausea are to be expected.

Liberal doses of vodka help counter this effect by inducing a generalized apathy ......... and in an election year obedient stupidity. :)

So, come down to Tractor Maintenance Shed #2 on Friday and Saturday nights to negate your discomfort !

Oh Kras! How good to hear from you again!

Such a kind offer. I just may take you up on it.

I know the Russkies used this vodka solution to great effect. And, sometimes I do wish for a general apathy. The election year stupidity simply follows such apathy.

Thing is, I have a built-in tendency toward vigilance. I never dreamed it would be this difficult. Never.

See ya down there at Tractor Maintenance Shed #2, oh, I dunno, maybe Friday! Sounds good.

Thanks.

That's great !
Party laborers at the Collective's " distillery " have almost finished up a new batch.......

Moonshiners Low Res.jpg

Just one more pass through the spaghetti strainer outta' do it !

Remember, Fridays are always LADIES NIGHTS behind tractor barn #2,

womyn-folks drink without ration cards until they pass out the first time...

Hey Kras,

Um, ewe! I appreciate your invitation but, when viewing the dudes who are producing the imbibements, if you will, they kinda scare me.

While going through the spaghetti strainer just one more time seduces me, and may take away my pain, I just want to grow older as gracefully as I can. I can only hope this is politically correct.

Additionally, these guys look lawless and, well, just plain filthy. How can this be? Obamacare was supposed to take care of everything! Everything!

Hi, Tovi!

Thanks for checking in! I know very well that your ladies-night thing is so self-serving it's enough to make you puke. In this case, it made me laugh, as your comments always do.

You can't fool me! You LOVE women!