Islamic Olympics are better than infidel Olympics

[img]/images/Islamic_Olympics_al_Jazeera.jpg[/img]
Front Page published an article today by a known Jihadophobe, Nonie Darwish, titled The Islamic Grinch Who Stole the Olympics, in which the author outrageously claims that the 2014 Winter Olympics in Russia have somehow been overshadowed by the threat of Islamic terrorism, with al-Qaeda leader Ayman Al-Zawahiri calling for a "global jihad" against the Sochi games, and various allegedly jihadist YouTube videos promising that the "demon Olympics" will have an "atmosphere of fear and terror" and telling the athletes that "Satan is with you."

She then comes to a far-fetched conclusion that "competitive sports are not an important Islamic value, especially if compared to the mental and physical training of Islamic youth for jihad," claiming that "Islamic culture often discourages competitive sports, singing, dancing and self-expression, and this is the fundamental reason why there are few prominent Muslim athletes."

That is, of course, absolutely untrue. As you can see from the YouTube videos below, the Muslim world has a vibrant athletic culture and breathtaking Olympic events that indeed overshadow anything that the infidel Olympics have to offer.

Personally, I prefer the "Decapitation Decathlon" or "Bowling For Virgins" events.

Bowling for Virgins.jpg

Hmmm,

Both of you have good points. But I am still partial to watching skiers run into stray dogs at 110 km/hr, just sayin...

Red Square wrote:She then comes to a far-fetched conclusion that "competitive sports are not an important Islamic value...."

This is capitalist rubbish. There are many wonderful Islamic sports, including

• The explosive-assisted 100 yard vertical jump
  • Instantaneous hole digging
  • Long-duration head-towel wearing
  • Infidel repression
  • Goat buggering
There is no reason these sports should not be in the Olympics in an inclusive society.

And who could ever forget the pageantry of:

1) Synchronized Suicide Vest Exploding?
2) Blindfolded Bomb Making?
3) Full Burqa Luge?
4) Tag Team Buried-to-theNeck-Female Stoning?

Comrades, we in the West are sadly missing out!

But not to worry - I'm pretty sure that these and other Halal sports will be coming to America very soon!

Here is the Syrian Sharia Olympic Soccer team in action. Their skills are quite impressive considering the odd shapes of their soccer balls.

Great Stalin's Ghost wrote:
Here is the Syrian Sharia Olympic Soccer team in action. Their skills are quite impressive considering the odd shapes of their soccer balls.

Head soccer is child's play. These talented comrades should try it the manly way - with heads attached...their own, preferably.

I cannot tell a lie -- Infidel Olympics are a smidgen better than Islamic Olympics:

2014 Winter Olympics Russian Ski-Jump Team: Irina Avvakumova-- Seen as a having a crack-shot for gold, this 22-year-old from Leningrad qualified for the team by more than a smidgen.

--Minister of Truth

Minister of Truth wrote:Irina Avvakumova-- Seen as a having a crack-shot for gold ...

I would not touch that line with ... well, a very long thing.

But anyway, I would let her jump me, if Comrade Putout said it was dialectically sound practice and in the best interests of the Party.