Lenin Does Vegas! (Life imitates the People's Cube)

From today's Pajamas Media, by Ron Radosh:

Lenin_Vegas.jpg
Well, that answers the question about what to do with all those Soviet era statues of Lenin that lie in the junkyard unwanted: send them to Vegas, where they can be surrounded by all the kitsch. Stand around long enough and you'll see Russian visitors pose for photos in front of him. Old V.I. stands ready to greet you if you enter to eat or drink at the Red Square at Mandalay Bay.

Those thankless ex-Soviets — who not only tore him down from wherever he once stood, but took off his head for good measure.

Lenin_Vegas_headless.jpg

Hmmm, I think I know where the head wound up, out in front of Evita se Perron restaurant in Capetown.

Lenin.jpg
h/t Obamugabe

Apparently Lenin is associated with fine dining, the world 'round.

(Red Square, is that real pigeon poo or sham poo?)

Comrade Whoopie,
I believe you are mistaken. That looks like the head of Capitalist criminal Colonel Sander's !

Useful Videot wrote:Comrade Whoopie,
I believe you are mistaken. That looks like the head of Capitalist criminal Colonel Sander's !

KFC.jpg

Comrade Whoopie wrote:
Useful Videot wrote:Comrade Whoopie,

KFC.jpg

Whatever glorious soul created this art, first I wanna shake their hand and then I want an ounce of what they're smoking.

Well, they say, if you don't watch it, you'll end up losing your head in Vegas (no--I just made that up).

Thanks for the shadenfruede, Comrade Red Square. If they plunked one of these statues in water, we could all make a wish, and throw capitalist coins at it. I would wish to visit the location of every headless statue of Lenin in the world.

Say Red Square, did you wedge yourself in that sign and have a friend take a pic? I think it's glorious you are posing with RevoLeader (combo of Revolution and Leader), even if he is headless. Speaking of his head missing, why would our people (the ex-Soviets) do that? I'd think now-a-days, Americans would want the full statue so as to erect it. Maybe though we need to replace the head with someone a little closer to home.

Forgive the quick edits and load time. It's about 0030 here and I'm tired.
Lenin_Vegas_Red.gif
Lenin_Vegas_Obama.gif

Now someone needs to photoshop some pigeon poo on Dear Leder's head to make things more "authentic".

My personal photo shopping abilities, are currently "on hold" (&%$#@!!!) . . . . but the statue of dear Leader is most glorious and pigeon pooh could only enhance it, could it not?!

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:My personal photo shopping abilities, are currently "on hold" (&%$#@!!!) . . . . but the statue of dear Leader is most glorious and pigeon pooh could only enhance it, could it not?!

I took it upon myself to enhance this picture. i hope you do not report me to the board of inquiry.

obamastatue.jpg

oooh, it was most interesting!! (although I am not sure how dearest of Leaders will approve, but hey, you did it, not me. Best of luck, comrade!)

Fraulein Pulloskies, I don't think there is any possible way to enhance what is already perfect and equal in every way in our Dear Leader. He is impervious to all forms of pooh!

Useful Videot, your image has been forwarded to the proper authorities.

Comrade Buffoon wrote:

Damn it, Buffoon! Must you always play it by the book?!

He is impervious to all forms of pooh!

as dear beloved late Mr. P used to say, like matter attacks like matter.

Of course, I have no idea what he meant, but thought it worth repeating.

I hope all that poop don't attract flies...

lord of the flies copy.jpg

Useful Videot wrote:
Comrade Buffoon wrote:

Damn it, Buffoon! Must you always play it by the book?!

no Ssshhhhh

he's watching...

Soros ICU.jpg

Comrade Whoopie wrote:I hope all that poop don't attract flies...

lord of the flies copy.jpg

IMPERVIOUS!

Statues? Why don't they send Lenin's tomb complete with his corps (no misspelling - Obama says that word is pronounced "corpse") to Vegas? There's gotta be a whole lotta high-rollers there willing to pay top dollar for the priviledge of using Lenin's tomb as a punch bowl. Or maybe make it into a wishing well filled with water (or vodka) where folks could toss in a coin and make a wish ("I wish Obama were president of Russia instead.") Now, THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!

Comrade Videot,

That new hairdo you gave Dear Leader is quite spiffy. Maybe it will start a trend.

oh my, Mama Mo won't recognize Papa Bama when he goes home for the day.. at noon.

And I think I see some of his dear white granny in him now!

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Leninka, your wish is our command.

Boy-George-969.JPG

This chick is hot!!!! Is she a Party official?

We've been auditioning him as a replacement for Bruno. He's got the prancing and mincing down, but can't seem to sing "Tico-tico" well enough to satisfy Theocritus.