Nike signs 'Hanoi' Jane Fonda for new marketing campaign

We have recently heard through secret subversive channels on the interwebs that Nike has just signed Jane Fonda to its new marketing campaign set to launch next week.

The company has also announced that it will be launching a line of gender-neutral leotards bearing her name.

Nike has been praised for its promotion of positive female role models, such as Fonda, but criticized for assuming her gender and for insinuating that men would prefer gender-neutral leotards over prima ballerina leotards.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Nike_Jane_Fonda_Marketing.jpg[/img]

Imperatorskiy Pingvin wrote:
PSX_20180905_152818.jpg

JUST DO IT![/center]

Why do they not have a picture of my hero Alger Hiss?

Progressive activists Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were United States citizens who spied for the Soviet Union and were tried, convicted, and executed by the federal government of the United States. Nike has also lined them up as their next spokes-couple.

After all, they believed in something even if it meant sacrificing everything. So they passed the A-Bomb blueprints to the KGB. They just did it.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Nike_Just_Do_it_Rosenbergs.jpg[/img]

When I was a kid we just had Keds Red Balls. You could run as fast as the wind in them. If you had to run real fast to just do it you were running like the wind to go to the bathroom. Just do it goes down the crapper.

Take a knee in protest against oppressive overdue book fees at the public library.

Just Do It.

On your knees. Even if it means sacrificing everything.

Just Do Me.

I don't think Nike has any idea of the horror they've unleashed on themselves. May the meme Gods have mercy on Nike's soul, if they have one.

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:I don't think Nike has any idea of the horror they've unleashed on themselves. May the meme Gods have mercy on Nike's soul, if they have one.

Nike pusued the “just do it” philosophy and is now a example to us all of what happens when you “just do it.”

$.$. Halliburton wrote:Nike pusued the “just do it” philosophy and is now an example to us all of what happens when you “just do it.”
A Cube reader named Randy emailed me these two points about this:

“The worship of will is the negation of will. To admire mere choice is to refuse to choose. If Mr. Bernard Shaw comes up to me and says, "Will something," that is tantamount to saying, "I do not mind what you will," and that is tantamount to saying, "I have no will in the matter." You cannot admire will in general, because the essence of will is that it is particular. A brilliant anarchist like Mr. John Davidson feels an irritation against ordinary morality, and therefore he invokes will -- will to anything. He only wants humanity to want something. But humanity does want something. It wants ordinary morality. He rebels against the law and tells us to will something or anything. But we have willed something. We have willed the law against which he rebels.”…….GK Chesterton………..Orthodoxy…..Chapter 3: The Suicide of Thought

As to believing in ‘something'……….

Heaven's Gate (religious group)

On March 26, 1997, police discovered the bodies of 39 members of the Heaven's Gate cult, who had participated in a mass suicide in order to reach what they believed was an extraterrestrial spacecraft following Comet Hale–Bopp.

They were all wearing the same Nike sneakers with a big swoosh.

Suicide cult's sneaker of choice now on sale for $6K

If suicide cult leader Marshall Applewhite knew how much his box of Nike Decade sneakers would be worth today, he might not have killed himself.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Nike_Heavens_Gate_Suicide.jpg[/img]

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Image
On your knees. Even if it means sacrificing everything.

Just Do Me.
Comrade Monikka was the first to take a knee in front of the oval office flag and all she got was an offer to be the Listerine Lady. She turned down their low wage offer and said it was close but no cigar. #JustSpitItOut

These men would be in their 70s before they would see just the beginning of civil rights in America. Yet they stood under, bled under, and saluted a flag that flew over a segregated America.
Harlem Hellfighters Croix de Guerre.jpg

From interwebs:

[img]/images/various_uploads/Nike_Just_Do_it_Hillary.jpg[/img]

BELIEVE IN SOMETHING

EVEN IF IT MEANS BITING OFF ANOTHER MAN's EAR

JUST CHEW IT

Lil' Rapper Crapper...
don't give up your day job of stealing Ivan's pecans!!

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

I found this today elsewhere on the interwebz:

And so Nike makes their commercial, featuring Trump-like declarations in self-belief, about how you too can be a winner. Can be great. Can be the best. That you shouldn't settle for wearing a famous athlete's jersey: You should settle for him wanting to wear yours. Do you think Nike or Kaepernick notices the irony in how similar to Trump they sound? That even in defying Trump they are still promoting American-style New Thought attitudes about thinking, willing, and believing yourself to greatness? How perfect is it that the magical “Do What Thou Wilt” (Aleister Crowley) and the corporate “Just Do It” (Nike) had their bridge in the hippie phony “Do It!” (Jerry Rubin).

The answer to that question is, "Yes, they know they're promoting 'American-style New Thought attitudes', but to them it's the conventional wisdom of their forebears, even if they're completely ignorant of who their forebears were; I sincerely doubt there's more than a handful of people at Nike who know who Rubin was, much less Crowley. And the difference between Nike and Trump is that the latter went out into the world and turned his thoughts into actions, while Nike is telling their customers that they have a god-like ability to simply wish a thing to make it so. And when it almost inevitably doesn't become so, be like Colin and blame your failure on someone and/or something else."