Obamacare means Electoral Reform!

Whitehouse spokesman Jay Carney unveiled a startling facet of the National Healthcare program popularly known as "Obamacare:" voting involves interstate commerce, and can thus be regulated by presidential decree.

"We are very excited about this development," said Carney to an attentive Whitehouse press corpse. "Under this concept, the President has the power to regulate all federal elections, and we think with a little creative interpretation of the Commerce Clause, he can regulate state and local elections as well." He went on to explain that virtually every facet of American life now involves some form of interstate commerce. "How many of you have been on vaction in another state, and in the process, bought gasoline, groceries, or a meal in a restaurant?" he querried the press corpse. "How many of you have purchased goods from Amazon.com or some other on-line retailer? Well, that's interstate commerce."

"If a person engages in interstate commerce, they can be regulated by the Federal government." Carney repeated the assertion that the Administration has established its right to regulate interstate commerce through the individual mandate provisions of Obamacare "No matter what those nine black-robed reactionaries decide."

"So does it not follow," he opined, "if we can required a person to buy health insurance to meet a required Federal standard, and if we can fine those that don't do so, then by the same token, we can require a person to participate in the election and meet a Federally required standard... and fine those who don't do so." He was careful to note that this was a fine, not a fee or a tax, and thus fell outside Congressional control or Judicial review. Although he was unable to cite what specific clause of the Constitution supported this view, he assured reporters that it "was in there somewhere, probably close to the Contraception Clause of some amendment."

"What has us excited is the truly bipartisan nature of this electoral regulation." He explained that the voter regulation not only fined those who failed to vote--Republican and Democrat alike--but that it also fined those who failed to vote in a Federally approved manner. "Since all Americans agree that the Democratic Party is the Party of the People, that Party of the Middle Class, the Party of the Working Class, and always has the best interests of the nation at the forefront, while the Republicans only represent Big Oil and fat tycoons in top hats, it is a given that the Federal Standard for an acceptable vote will be a vote for the DNC candidate."

Carney stressed that these new reguations in no way impeded the right of the American citizen to cast a vote--in fact they require the vote to be cast. Nor do the new regulations forbid wrong-thinking voters from casting a vote in favor of a Republican candidate--only that one must pay for the privilege of dissent. "It is just like fining someone for failing to purchase a government-mandated healthcare program. We don't say that you have to buy one, only that you will be penalized if you refuse to do what those who know better than you tell you to do."

Yes! Our time-honored tactic of spreading a lot of $20 bills amongst the residence-challenged and other unorgranized communities is not "bribery" but an egalitarian voter subsidy to help those who are unable to afford to vote on their own! It is permitted by the Commerce Clause because when these people buy booze with the EBT cards the state provides them, they are engaging in Commerce!

I LOVE the Commerce Clause, it is the Constitutional trap door to utopia! Once I can bribe enough membersmake a convincing case that it's for the common good, I am going to have Congress require that anyone who engages in Commerce send me money for a new mansion in a nice location.

The Democrats, the party with the Communist Party USA progressive agenda, told the US Supreme Court that government has the power to regulate the very commerce in which government forces people to engage against their will.

I would say, that in the minds of Democrats, Karl Marx' work in the US is done. And then there is the infamous line from the government in the Citizens United case. "According to Deputy Solicitor General Malcolm Stewart, who argued the case, the government could theoretically regulate other forms of pre-election corporate speech as well, including books and the Internet.
"That's pretty incredible," said Justice Samuel Alito. "You think that if a book was published, a campaign biography that was the functional equivalent of express advocacy, that could be banned?" Yes, Mr. Stewart said, if a corporation or union were paying for it. It would be possible to "prohibit the publication of the book using the corporate treasury funds." "Source: https://citizensunited.org/press-releases.aspx?article=430 Carney looks pretty spiffy in that Cuban military uniform.

What a relief!! When I first heard this, i thought they wanted rectal reform.

Petition Hussein to support the Contraception Clause of the US Constitution and electoral reform.
Otherwise my Communist friends' out-of-state voting hobby will come to sad end!

And we all know that America needs more Communist shakedown!Americans have far too much cheap healthy food to eat!Something must be done immediately!

Rectal reform is coming, Comrade General. All things are affected by the Commerce Clause.

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

The Rectal Reform Movement would "eliminate" the existing Federal government.

there is rumor of much waste and redundant paperwork...