Oleg speaks at Social Media Neutrality Panel in DC

[img]/images/various_uploads/Social_Media_Neutrality_Panel.jpg[/img]

Jim Hoft of the Gateway Pundit invited me to be one of the speakers at an event he organized in Washington, D.C. this Tuesday at 1pm at the Newseum. It will be livestreamed at Gateway Pundit and at Breitbart.com.

My speech will be based on the two articles I recently published here, about social media censorship and ways we can effectively end it.

Special Announcement: Social Media Neutrality Panel in Washington DC – Feb. 6 — Fighting for Diversity of Voice Online

Fighting for Diversity of Voice Online
By Jim Hoft
Release: February 1, 2018

Washington, D.C. – On Tuesday, February 6, 2018, at 1:00 pm (ET) at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. thought leaders and prominent voices in alternative media will gather for a panel discussion on social media neutrality and the fight for diversity of voices online. The event will feature several prominent online conservative and moderate voices who have been impacted by social media bias, shadow banning and other methods meant to silence voices and limit readers and viewers access to information. Panelists will discuss political bias by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and by search engines such as Google.

The event will be live-streamed.

A Harvard University study published on August 16, 2017, analyzed both mainstream and social media coverage of the 2016 election cycle. The study clearly shows that modern conservatives in America today have wholeheartedly rejected the liberal mainstream media. The 2016 election cycle was the first election cycle where conservatives used alternative media news sources to gather information rather than turning to traditional mainstream outlets. Conservative Americans abandoned the mainstream media in 2016 and will not be returning anytime soon. This paradigm shift forced left-wing tech-giants to take action.

Tech giants today understand they have the ability to influence what information consumers see through their complex, and non-public, algorithms. Often this power is abused. Several conservative outlets, and countless individuals have been targeted, shadow-banned, and silenced by these tech giants. By silencing these voices, big-tech is limiting information available to the American public and is a direct assault on First Amendment rights.

The time for transparency is now!

Tuesday's panelists include Jim Hoft of The Gateway Pundit, Pamela Geller of The Geller Report, Margaret Howell of Rightside Broadcasting, tech entrepreneur Marlene Jaeckel and special video remarks by Michelle Malkin and James O'Keefe. More panelists to be announced. Panelists will discuss their experiences with social media targeting, the impact it has on the American public and the chilling effect on free speech.

UPDATE:

My segment of the discussion was just posted by Gateway Pundit on YouTube. The other segments are on their account as well. The sound is not too good, but perhaps I can later redo the video with enhanced sound quality.

Most Excellent! Tell those Commie Bastards our Founding Fathers would be shooting by now!

A little perspective from the other side of the Iron Curtain would, I hope, get some due recognition.

Politburo should proud be of Comrade Oleg take message of Cube to masses. Even if evil right wingers.

Gateway Pundit:

130,000 Tune In to Watch the Social Media Neutrality Panel at Newseum in Washington DC

The Social Media Neutrality Panel was held today at the Nuseum in Washington DC.
The panel included testimony from Jim Hoft of The Gateway Pundit, Pamela Geller of The Geller Report, Margaret Howell of Rightside Broadcasting, Oleg Atbashian from The People's Cube, tech entrepreneur Marlene Jaeckel.

Special video presentations were delivered by Michelle Malkin and James O'Keefe.
Today's Moderator was the great Lucian Wintrich D.C. Bureau Chief & White House Correspondent for The Gateway Pundit

Over 122,000 viewed the conference on Breitbart.com.
8,000 viewed the conference on The Gateway Pundit's Cassandra Fairbanks Periscope video.
There was at least one more video running the conference.

Over 130,000 tuned in to view the discussion panel today!

I spoke at the end and the archived live broadcast for some reason cut off the previous speaker and me. I'll try to find a copy of the video and post the missing part here. And I'll also post my written speech, which is only marginally different from what I said on that stage. In fact, it's a condensed version of my two latest articles on the Internet censorship.

UPDATE:

My segment of the discussion was just posted by Gateway Pundit on YouTube. The other segments are on their account as well. The sound is not too good, but perhaps I can later redo the video with enhanced sound quality.