On climate the doctor says you don't need no second opinion

[img]/images/various_uploads/Strangelove_Climate_War_Room.jpg[/img]

Letter to the President from the American Security Project:
March 5, 2019

Dear Mr. President:

We write to you as former US national security leaders to offer our support to our uniformed military, civilian national security professionals, and members of the scientific community, who across the past four Administrations have found that climate change is a threat to US national security.

Climate change is real, it is happening now, it is driven by humans, and it is accelerating. The overwhelming majority of scientists agree: less than 0.2% of peer-reviewed climate science papers dispute these facts. In this context, we are deeply concerned by reports that National Security Council officials are considering forming a committee to dispute and undermine military and intelligence judgments on the threat posed by climate change. This includes second-guessing the scientific sources used to assess the threat, such as the rigorously peer-reviewed National Climate Assessment, and applying that to national security policy. Imposing a political test on reports issued by the science agencies, and forcing a blind spot onto the national security assessments that depend on them, will erode our national security.

It is dangerous to have national security analysis conform to politics. Our officials' job is to ensure that we are prepared for current threats and future contingencies. We cannot do that if the scientific studies that inform our threat assessments are undermined. Our national security community will not remain the best in the world if it cannot make decisions based on the best available evidence.

When extreme weather hits the United States, it degrades the fighting force. Just last year, Hurricane Florence caused $3.6 billion in damages to Camp Lejeune, home of the Marines' expeditionary units on the East Coast. You called Florence “One of the biggest to ever hit our country.” Stronger storms and storm surges have long featured in predictions about a changing climate. Around the world, climate change is a “threat multiplier” – making other security threats worse. Its effects are even used by our adversaries as a weapon of war; ISIS used water shortages in Iraq, in part driven by a changing climate, to cement their hold on the population during their reign of terror from 2014 to 2017.

We support the science-driven patriots in our national security community who have rightly seen addressing climate change as a threat reduction issue, not a political one, since 1989. We support the bipartisan finding of the US Congress, which you signed into law on December 2017, stating that “climate change is a direct threat to the national security of the United States.” We urge you to trust and heed the analysis of your own national security agencies and the science agencies on which their assessments depend, including the 21 senior defense officials that have identified climate change as a security threat during your Administration. A committee designed to undermine the many years of work they have done will weaken our ability to respond to real threats, putting American lives at risk.

Our climate will continue to change, and the threats will continue to grow. We spent our careers pledged to protect the United States from all threats, including this one. Let's drop the politics, and allow our national security and science agencies to do their jobs.

Sincerely,

Hon. John Kerry
Former Secretary of State
Hon. Ray Mabus
Former Secretary of the Navy
General Gordon R. Sullivan, US Army (Ret)
Former Chief of Staff of the US Army
Admiral Samuel J. Locklear III, USN (Ret)
Former Commander, US Pacific Command
Admiral James Stavridis, USN (Ret)
Former Supreme Allied Commander Europe
Nancy Soderberg
Former Deputy Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs
Hon. Sharon Burke
Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy
Hon. David Goldwyn
Former Assistant Secretary of Energy and Special Envoy for International Energy Affairs
Hon. Miranda AA Ballentine
Former Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Installations, Environment, and Energy)
Leon Fuerth
Former National Security Adviser to the Vice President
Dr. Geoffrey Kemp
Former Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs
General Paul Kern, USA (Ret.)
Former Commanding General, US Army Materiel Command
Lieutenant General John Castellaw, USMC (Ret)
Former Chief of Staff, US Central Command
Lieutenant General Arlen D. Jameson, USAF (Ret)
Former Deputy Commander, US Strategic Command
Lieutenant General Norm Seip, USAF (Ret)
Former Commander, 12th Air Force
Hon. Sherri Goodman
Former Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Environmental Security)
Hon. Chuck Hagel
Former Secretary of Defense
Vice Admiral Richard Truly, USN (Ret)
Former Administrator of NASA
Admiral Paul Zukunft, USCG (Ret)
Former Commandant of the Coast Guard
General Stanley McChrystal, USA (Ret)
Former Commander, US and International Security
Lieutenant General Donald Kerrick, USA (Ret)
Former Deputy National Security Advisor to the President of the United States
Tom Hicks
Former Acting Under Secretary of the Navy and Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy for Management
Hon. John Conger
Former Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) and Assistant Secretary of Defense for Energy, Installations and Environment
Eric Rosenbach
Former Chief of Staff, Department of Defense, and Assistant Secretary of Defense for Global Security
Vice Admiral Dennis McGinn, USN (Ret)
Former Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Energy, Installations and Environment
Hon. Alice Hill
Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Resilience Policy, National Security Council
Major General Randy Manner, USA (Ret)
Former Acting Vice Chief, National Guard Bureau
General Ron Keys, USAF (Ret)
Former Commander, Air Combat Command
Vice Admiral Philip Cullom, USN (Ret)
Former Deputy Chief of Naval Operations, Fleet Readiness and Logistics
Lieutenant General Kenneth E. Eickmann, USAF (Ret)
Former Commander, Aeronautical Systems Center, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command
Vice Admiral Robert C. Parker, USCG (Ret)
Commander, Coast Guard Atlantic Area
Greg Treverton
Former Chair, National Intelligence Council
Major General Jerry Harrison, USA (Ret)
Former Chief, Office of Legislative Liaison, Army Staff
Rear Admiral Leendert R. Hering USN (Ret)
Former Commander, Navy Region Southwest
Major General Jeff Phillips, USA (Ret)
Executive Director, Reserve Officers Association
Rear Admiral Michael Smith, USN (Ret)
Former Commander, Carrier Strike Group 3
Rear Admiral Jonathan White, USN (Ret)
Former Oceanographer & Navigator, US Navy
Captain James C. Goudreau, SC, USN (Ret)
Former Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Energy)
Brigadier General Steven Anderson, USA (Ret)
Former Director, Operations and Logistics Readiness, Headquarters, Department of the Army
Brigadier General Donald Bolduc, USA (Ret)
Former Commander, Special Operations Command- Africa
Brigadier General Robert Felderman, USA (Ret)
Former Deputy Director of Plans, Policy and Strategy, United States Northern Command and North American Aerospace Defense Command
Brigadier General Carlos Martinez, USAF (Ret)
Former Mobilization Assistant, Chief of Warfighting Integration and Chief Information Officer,
Office of the Secretary of the Air Force
Joan VanDervort
Former Deputy Director, Ranges, Sea, and Airspace, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (Readiness)
Commander David Slayton, USN (Ret)
Executive Director, the Arctic Security Initiative The Hoover Institution
Hon. Richard Morningstar
Former Ambassador to the European Union
Major General Richard T. Devereaux, USAF (Ret)
Former Director, Operational Planning, Policy and Strategy, Headquarters US Air Force
Rear Admiral Sinclair M. Harris, USN (Ret)
Former Commander, United States Fourth Fleet
Rear Admiral Michael G. Mathis, USN (Ret)
Chief Engineer to the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development and Acquisition)
Rear Admiral Fernandez L. Ponds, USN (Ret)
Commander, Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 3
Rear Admiral Kevin Slates, USN (Ret)
Former Director of Energy and Environmental Readiness Division, US Navy
Rear Admiral David W. Titley, USN (Ret)
Former Oceanographer & Navigator, US Navy
Joe Bryan
Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Energy)
Brigadier General John Adams, USA (Ret)
Former Deputy United States Military Representative to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Military Committee
Brigadier General Joseph R. Barnes, USA (Ret)
Former Assistant Judge Advocate General of the Army
Brigadier General Stephen Cheney, USMC (Ret)
Former Commanding General Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island
Brigadier General Gerald E. Galloway, USA (Ret)
Former Dean of the Academic Board, US Military Academy, West Point
Brigadier General Stephen Xenakis, USA (Ret)
Former Commanding General, Southeast Regional Medical Command
Colonel Lawrence B. Wilkerson, USA (Ret)
Former Chief of Staff to the US Secretary of State

https://www.climateandsecurity.org https://www.americansecurityproject.org

The Union of Concerned Apparatchiks has set the clock of doom to three minutes to midnight and announces:

Quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quackity quack quack quack!

Quack quack quack quack quack! Quack quack quack quack quackity quack. Quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack .

Quack,

Hon. John Kerry
Former Duckspeaker of State

et al.

Da, Comrade. The Science is settled. How can you disagree with 97% of former Clinton and Obama Apparatchiks?

Besides, our retirement portfolios are heavy on carbon credits and other schemes investments that will fail if you do not keep up the hoax charade People's willingness to keep funding this thing.

Papa Kalashnikook, I'm going to have to denounce you. You are spreading Denialist propaganda here in our Worker's Paradise. This hooliganism is going to corrupt our youth, putting dangerous ideas into their heads when we need them to be productive little automatons of the State.

I demand PK's immediate arrest in the middle of the night, a speedy Show Trial, and exile to a Beet Growing Collective until he learns to speak only the Current Truth. I also urge Comrade Winston Smith over at MiniTrue to put this dangerous post into the Memory Hole before anyone sees it and gets dangerous ideas.

Comrade Kalashnikook, please understand that I do this only for your own good, and the good of the Collective. Do as the Authorities order, and you'll avoid Room 101. It's filled with... squirrels...

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:Papa Kalashnikook, I'm going to have to denounce you. You are spreading Denialist propaganda here in our Worker's Paradise. This hooliganism is going to corrupt our youth, putting dangerous ideas into their heads when we need them to be productive little automatons of the State.

I demand PK's immediate arrest in the middle of the night, a speedy Show Trial, and exile to a Beet Growing Collective until he learns to speak only the Current Truth. I also urge Comrade Winston Smith over at MiniTrue to put this dangerous post into the Memory Hole before anyone sees it and gets dangerous ideas.

Comrade Kalashnikook, please understand that I do this only for your own good, and the good of the Collective. Do as the Authorities order, and you'll avoid Room 101. It's filled with... squirrels...
NOOOOOOOO!!!! Can I please go back to the Chernobyl Doll Factory No 4 ???????Image

It seems I will have Canadian company in my cozy little Gulag....

OLIVER: Climate change alarmists seriously harm the economy

Canada's energy industry is in crisis mode. Our economy stands to lose over $45 billion annually due to the massive discount at which we sell oil to the U.S. because governments and environmental activists have blocked the construction of pipelines to tidewater.

Their opposition is based on a profound belief that we must rapidly reduce our dependency on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emitting fossil fuels or climate change will inflict irreparable harm to life on the planet. However, that belief is at best grossly exaggerated or simply false.

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:It seems I will have Canadian company in my cozy little Gulag....

Canada's energy industry is in crisis mode. Our economy stands to lose over $45 billion annually due to the massive discount at which we sell oil to the U.S. because governments and environmental activists have blocked the construction of pipelines to tidewater.

Their opposition is based on a profound belief that we must rapidly reduce our dependency on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emitting fossil fuels or climate change will inflict irreparable harm to life on the planet. However, that belief is at best grossly exaggerated or simply false.
I too had noticed that the Canadian's were in a Progressive Loop of Canadian industry producing oil so that the oil could not be transported for distribution and sale. Remember when Ronald Reagan....hisss, hisss, ...would sneak out of the White House to steal the homeless people's stashed cans of beans?? Yes!! Reagan would not only steal the homeless' cans of beans, but when he opened and ate those canned beans he rejoiced in his heart doubly for not just stealing the only food of the homeless...but those beans tasted better than any beans in the White House Kitchen paid for by us! Well, imagine the evil Orange Man constructing a huge underground straw that crossed under the border right into the rich oil production reservoir of the landlocked Canadians. You know it's happening!! And the Orange Man is just laughing because he's got the biggest straw and the gonads to pull that Canadian crude like it was a Dairy Queen Blizzard.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
Papa Kalashnikook wrote:It seems I will have Canadian company in my cozy little Gulag....

I too had noticed that the Canadian's were in a Progressive Loop of Canadian industry producing oil so that the oil could not be transported for distribution and sale. Remember when Ronald Reagan....hisss, hisss, ...would sneak out of the White House to steal the homeless people's stashed cans of beans?? Yes!! Reagan would not only steal the homeless' cans of beans, but when he opened and ate those canned beans he rejoiced in his heart doubly for not just stealing the only food of the homeless...but those beans tasted better than any beans in the White House Kitchen paid for by us! Well, imagine the evil Orange Man constructing a huge underground straw that crossed under the border right into the rich oil production reservoir of the landlocked Canadians. You know it's happening!! And the Orange Man is just laughing because he's got the biggest straw and the gonads to pull that Canadian crude like it was a Dairy Queen Blizzard.
It's waaaay beyond sinister and diabolical. It's diabinister. It's sinibolical. I have also discovered that the Father of the Democrat Party, Andrew Jackson, is really Sylvester Stallone. So many conspiracies, so little time Komrades!Image

I am having a hard time getting my head around all of this......So, these fine specimens of humanity having spent a good portion of their lives and personal philosophy in the pursuit of mindless wars and destruction, are now concerned about saving the planet? Am I missing something?

trashmouth wrote:I am having a hard time getting my head around all of this......So, these fine specimens of humanity having spent a good portion of their lives and personal philosophy in the pursuit of mindless wars and destruction, are now concerned about saving the planet? Am I missing something?

We must save the planet in order to bomb the planet.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:
trashmouth wrote:I am having a hard time getting my head around all of this......So, these fine specimens of humanity having spent a good portion of their lives and personal philosophy in the pursuit of mindless wars and destruction, are now concerned about saving the planet? Am I missing something?

We must save the planet in order to bomb the planet.
Yes, and we MUST save the planet in the next ten years (why is it always 10 years?) otherwise we find out the predictions of doom and disaster are wrong (again) and our already strained credibility is gone (again). Fascinating religion, Climate Scientologists.

Papa Kalashnikook wrote: Yes, and we MUST save the planet in the next ten years [highlight=#ffff00](why is it always 10 years?)[/highlight] otherwise we find out the predictions of doom and disaster are wrong (again) and our already strained credibility is gone (again). Fascinating religion, Climate Scientologists.
It is always 10 years because after 10, human Climate Scientologists run out of fingers to count on and must remove shoes and socks in order to keep counting on toes. This is too much trouble and requires knot-untying skills known only to low-paid help who may be in the next room (if undocumented worker-voters) or deployed elsewhere (if military). By the time shoes and socks are removed, Climate Scientologists have forgotten whether the crisis is about warming, cooling, change, or whatever -- and besides, the 10 years are almost up and it is time to start counting again.

RedDiaperette wrote:
Papa Kalashnikook wrote: Yes, and we MUST save the planet in the next ten years [highlight=#ffff00](why is it always 10 years?)[/highlight] otherwise we find out the predictions of doom and disaster are wrong (again) and our already strained credibility is gone (again). Fascinating religion, Climate Scientologists.
It is always 10 years because after 10, human Climate Scientologists run out of fingers to count on and must remove shoes and socks in order to keep counting on toes...
But AOC was the first to break that mold and suggest the end of the world in 12 years. Has anyone noticed if she, perhaps, has six fingers on each hand, or one hand with seven fingers? I wouldn't be surprised if she does.

Ten fingers and two nipples, maybe?

Yes. I know. Platform 9, warm clothes, bring my shovel....

Ivan Betinov wrote:Ten fingers and two nipples, maybe?

Yes. I know. Platform 9, warm clothes, bring my shovel....
We do not punish for valid and free scientific inquiries such as yours. "Free" here means that the taxpayer picks up the bill.

Another theory is that 10 fingers + 2 hooves = 12.

Do we have any hoofed experts from the Ungulate-American community to weigh in?

(Not sure if jackalopelipsky is one).

Tithe to the Church of Global Warming (Latter-day Climatologists).

Patagonia's CEO is donating company's entire $10M Trump tax cut to fight climate change

For Millennials: tithe is 1/10 of annual earnings, formerly taken as a mandatory tax for the support of the Church and clergy. Abolished by capitalists, reintroduced by progressives.

Red Square wrote:Tithe to the Church of Global Warming (Latter-day Climatologists).

Patagonia's CEO is donating company's entire $10M Trump tax cut to fight climate change

For Millennials: tithe is 1/10 of annual earnings, formerly taken as a mandatory tax for the support of the Church and clergy. Abolished by capitalists, reintroduced by progressives.
So glad you explained the ancient and disused term "tithe" to our younger Cubists. God only takes 10% which is why that term had to be memory-holed so that the State can take much more to do all the necessary good. As Patagonia says: [highlight=#f6f6f6]“Taxes protect the most vulnerable in our society, our public lands and other life-giving resources,” she added. “In spite of this, the Trump administration initiated a corporate tax cut, threatening these services at the expense of our planet.” [/highlight][highlight=#f6f6f6][/highlight]

"Komrades, Komrades.. You can't fight in here. This is the Party Bunker* Klimate Room!"
— Nonresident Jerkin Puffley

* which may or may not exist