Out of Karakter: Healthy Suspicions

Okay, as I read the tea leaves I notice that...

...the legislators most in favor of this health bill are the most resistant to being on it themselves...

...those legislators are the most passionate about abortion and euthanasia...

...many of them agree with environmentalists that there are too many (other) people on the planet...

...they're eager to ration my access to health care.

I think either there is cause for concern or I need to acquire a taste for soylent green.

Relax Comrade. And read Jonah Goldberg's book "Liberal Fascism". Then ask these questions again. Then check timetables for flights to Fairbanks, and the going rate for bush pilots.

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
...the legislators most in favor of this health bill are the most resistant to being on it themselves...

Well comrade, you must understand that their altruistic concern isn't for themselves, it's for us. They know that they're covered, but they rightly worry about us wee folk who can't fend for ourselves without their help.

I for one take great comfort in knowing that our Democrat friends are finally looking out for us whitetrash like they have always coddled a certain minority which we'll call "Lyndon's chosen people of color."

I'm sure that we'll reap the same benefits too. An astronomical out of wedlock birth rate. A lower standard of living. High rates of unemployment. High rates of criminality. Substandard levels of health and well being. All the result of entitlements on top of entitlements.

I'm all giddy with anticipation.

Comrade Whoopie, but just think; we'll be getting what we are ENTITLED TO. ENTITLED. Why work like a fool, when you are OWED all of these ENTITLEMENTS just for existing?

(onski)

Comrade Whoopie, I never saw it in that light. How selfless of the more equal to go on a different and vastly superior plan so as not to burden our health care providers with 535 new patients!

(offski)

As a comrade of mine said in reference to soylent green, our government is here to serve the people, right?