Overstressed art students get 'Cry Closet' at State Univ.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Safe_Closet_Utah_State_U_1.jpg[/img]

Art student displays “Cry Closet” for stressed out students during finals

Comrades, the quest for safe space grows easier by the day. This takes place now at the University of Utah, in one of the whitest places in Amerikkka, Salt Lake City. When white art students need space to cry, Next Tuesday™ is about to happen!

If this trend continues, there will be coloring books, teddy bears, and "emotional support" puppies in the toolroom of tractor barn #2 in addition to shovels and mechanic toolboxes, but I draw the line at removing the distillery chemical storage tanks to install a hot chocolate bar.

No. Just no.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Safe_Closet_Utah_State_U_2.jpg[/img]

Admitting you're a human must be terribly embarrassing. <cringe>

Captain Craptek wrote:Admitting you're a human must be terribly embarrassing. <cringe>

Squirrelkind's greedy and individualistic hoarding of nuts will be forbidden once we reach Next Tuesday™.

For inclusivity, there should be cute cat videos in this cry closet.

Captain Craptek wrote:Admitting you're a human must be terribly embarrassing. <cringe>

Comrade Squirrel, these are puzzling times indeed. I tend to believe that admitting one's humanity does not need to involve self-identification as a sniveling whiny crybaby, and yet here we are.

They're studying ART, for Lenin's sake! They're WHITE! Being in SLC, statistically most will be Christian (or the Utah variant of Christianity [May we come in and tell you more?] as practiced) and surrounded by others that look and think like themselves. While students, they have no beet quota to meet, they can road trip across the state line to Colorado for medicinal /recreational inhalants that may or may not include THC...and their rich daddies are paying for every damn bit of it!

Why are they Crying? I just don't get it. Oh well, I have tractors to repair and beets to tend.

Oh, and stay the hell out of the People's Orchard, you and your extended family. You'll get your share of nuts according to your needs...

We have those in the real world too.

It's called your local bar.

Red Square wrote:
We have those in the real world too.

It's called your local bar.

Which are frequented by proles and thought criminals.

Perhaps the students can start a petition to change the rules to "Two persons in the closet at a time."

My guess is 10 minutes should be enough for most overstressed art students to relieve their anxieties.

Pffft, comrade Stalin had crying closets in the Lubyanka prison. We called them solitary confinement cells.

Are Joseph Smith and Brigham Young spinning in their graves?

Red Square wrote:Perhaps the students can start a petition to change the rules to "Two persons in the closet at a time."

My guess is 10 minutes should be enough for most overstressed art students to relieve their anxieties.
You would need room for a notary public as well, to certify each and every level of consent.

(From our Facebook reader).

Red Square wrote:You would need room for a notary public as well, to certify each and every level of consent.

Now the cry closet is starting to look something like a Catholic confessional.

Comrades,

Are these "artists" dues paying members of a construction worker's union? Did they procure a building permit for this structure? And, where is the mandatory fire exit? HUH?

Captain Jose Craptek
Proud Member: Orchard Workers Union (Ivan!)

Here comes Ivan in his red underpants... run Jose ruuunnnnnnn!!

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:This takes place now at the University of Utah

Is it stocked with some of that special underwear that Mormons wear?

anonemous1 wrote:
Cathy Areu - Crying Closets are a great idea.jpg

Comrade anonemous1,

To paraphrase myself; "Admitting you're a human Cathy Areu must be terribly embarrassing."

It builds strength and character to be able to lie down on the floor in the middle of a supermarket and publicly demand that your needs be met or else.

Tantrum_1.jpg

Tantrum_2.jpg

Red Square wrote:Perhaps the students can start a petition to change the rules to "Two persons in the closet at a time."

It will never be enough!