People's Party Now Getting Ideas from People's Cube!

Comrades, if the Party is going to use our ideas, shouldn't they give us credit? I'm sure we came up with the following work-around first....

GOP Leader Blog wrote: Democrats Prepare “Slaughter Solution” to Ram Unpopular Health Care Takeover Through Congress Without a Vote

Posted by Dave Schnittger on March 10th, 2010

The twisted scheme by which Democratic leaders plan to bend the rules to ram President Obama's massive health care legislation through Congress now has a name: the Slaughter Solution.

The Slaughter Solution is a plan by Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), the Democratic chair of the powerful House Rules Committee and a key ally of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), to get the health care legislation through the House without an actual vote on the Senate-passed health care bill. [highlight=#ffc000] You see, Democratic leaders currently lack the votes needed to pass the Senate health care bill through the House. Under Slaughter's scheme, Democratic leaders will overcome this problem by simply “deeming” the Senate bill passed in the House - without an actual vote by members of the House.[/highlight]

An article in this morning's edition of National Journal's CongressDaily breaks the story, starting with the headline: “SLAUGHTER PREPS RULE TO AVOID DIRECT VOTE ON SENATE BILL.” Excerpts:

[highlight=#ffc000] House Rules Chairwoman Louise Slaughter is prepping to help usher the healthcare overhaul through the House and potentially avoid a direct vote on the Senate overhaul bill, the chairwoman said Tuesday.

Slaughter is weighing preparing a rule that would consider the Senate bill passed once the House approves a corrections bill that would make changes to the Senate version.[/highlight]

Go to the link to find the National Journal article he quotes: https://republicanleader.house.gov/blog/?p=796

Comrades, this is the most awesome display of progressive political dexterity since Adolf Hitler burnt down the Reichstag failed to call the Berlin fire department when the Reichstag caught fire. I'm so proud of us.

This next one is in keeping with the spirit of religious freedom we have always endeavored to promote in the Collective:

Human Events wrote:
After the thankfully unsuccessful terrorist activities of the underwear bomber in an airplane over Detroit last Christmas Day, discussion resumed regarding the use of the full body scanner at American international airports. This is a highly sensitive machine that, when used for security purposes, displays the body in its full naked glory.

It was said, after the actions on December 25th by Mr. Mutallab, that this process would have been the only way to have detected the particular technique of terror the young Nigerian was attempting to import into America. Then along comes the perpetually zany Council of American-Islamic Relations. In its infinite wisdom, this group disclosed their intention to sue the United States of America to prevent the aforementioned body scanner from being used on Muslim men and women.

(snip)

The TSA, when confronted by CAIR in this regard, immediately capitulated, thus giving in in the face of yet another Islamic threat. Simultaneously, the TSA agreed to instruct its security staff, in enforcing the same tortuous security measures for everyone but Muslims, to ‘pat down' Muslim men and women, with the proviso, of course, that only same gender ‘pat downs' would be permitted for our Muslim brethren.

https://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=35806

Comrades, it is only fair (I love that word!) that since our Islamic friends gave us the idea to use the full body scan, we should reward them by not making them submit to it. And an added benefit is that TSA personnel will not be wasting time scanning friendly peaceful Muslims and thus will have more time to more closely examine the Tea-Baggers and other right-wing extremists who are flying planes into government buildings.

I believe we should congratulate ourselves (not that we, as Progressives, don't do this frequently anyway but what the heck) for supplying these wonderful inspired ideas for the Common Good! Thank You, People's Cube! You're Welcome, Amerikka!

Opiate of the People wrote:.... [HIGHLIGHT=#ffc000] You see, Democratic leaders currently lack the votes needed to pass the Senate health care bill through the House. Under Slaughter's scheme, Democratic leaders will overcome this problem by simply “deeming” the Senate bill passed in the House - without an actual vote by members of the House.[/HIGHLIGHT]...

This is truly glorious. It warms the cockles of my heart (which is more glorious news since the electric "smart meters" disallow any heating above 50 degrees). Why both with or waste time with voting (that job belong to ObamACORN, anyway), when voting is outdated, un-needed and anti-progressive?
I "deem" this idea accomplished, completed and done. This is what great Leader should do with healthcare. Deem it fait accompli.

Perhaps we should just replace Congress with a wishing well...

Magical Obama: "Wishing Well, I wish, I wish, I wish to pass my healthcare bill!"
Wishing Well: "POOF! Your wish is my command, Dear Leader."
Magical Obama: "Cool! Now how about a unicorn sandwich for lunch? Not too much horn please."

Think of the money we would save on Congressional salaries and perks! Finally a form of government that's Deficit Friendly!

Opiate of the People wrote:
Think of the money we would save on Congressional salaries and perks! Finally a form of government that's Deficit Friendly!

That's great news. Remember every penny saved can be used to help needy children at risk by hiring more Community Organizers and bureaucrats.

It's for the children comrades, who can object to that?

[sniff] Whoopie, your generosity with OPM has brought a tear to my eye [sniff, sniff]. Only a greedy racist would begrudge giving up their rights and their property in exchange for helping the children. It's really such a small sacrifice to make. I congratulate you Whoopie, for your selflessness and I congratulate myself for feeling good about it. If only everyone could be like us.

Opiate of the People wrote: I congratulate you Whoopie, for your selflessness and I congratulate myself for feeling good about it. If only everyone could be like us.

Yes, comrade Opiate, it's true. But on the other hand, if everyone was like us, who would we put in mass graves? I'm the kind of radical who sees the mass grave as only half full.

Yes, Comrades, I believe the Glorious Progressive World of Next Tuesday is now upon us. Representative Slaughter truly understands that the end justifies the means. Slaughter's means will lead to the beautiful end - finally, our health care will be in the hands of the government. I feel much better now.

Oh, and don't forget that Dear Leader full well understands that the end justifies the means, too. For every Czar, and every department he creates anew, it's just a little bit more control and power for the executive branch, and a little less control and power for his loyal senators and congressional representatives.

Nothing works better than a dictatorship, don't you know? Can't pass Cap and Trade? Don't worry, the EPA will come to the rescue and stick it to those evil oil companies. Otherwise, really, how is Dear Leader going to make it all happen? Like the pesky detail about how all the TARP money returned to the government from banks is supposed to go to paying off the deficit, where Dear Leader would prefer to use it as his slush fund.

After all, Comrade Barack is the one, and he does deserve all of the control. It's really nerve racking that it all takes so long to implement, though.

Leninka wrote: Nothing works better than a dictatorship, don't you know? Can't pass Cap and Trade? Don't worry, the EPA will come to the rescue and stick it to those evil oil companies.

So true. I just discovered that the EPA was given law enforcement authority under comrade Clinton. That means they can carry guns and arrest people just like our friends at the ATF and FBI. Envision if you will a squad of heavily armed EPA regulators dressed in black with body armor and ski masks storming and seizing any company who exceeds their carbon allotment.

And it's not just the EPA. HUD, The Bureau of Land Management, OSHA and a host of other federal bureaucracies have all been armed and militarized. Just recently the Dept. of Education placed an order for 27 Remington 870 sawed off shotguns just like the 60 that the IRS bought. Take that Home Schoolers!

I can't wait until the National Endowment for the Arts get's their guns and SWAT uniforms.

Gloriously glorious! Finally a leader who understand communism is the way to redistribute fairness equally and with bias unbiasedly! Uniforms are a must, so all can see the joy in the horrified adoring faces of those being sought and sent to FEMA camps. I hear the
National Endowment for the Arts will have beauty red unies with a picture of glorious Leader across their ass chest.