Perfect People's Meat discovered in the People's Republic

Looks like there is no more meat shortage in the people's paradise. Medium rare anyone?

With memories of the global horse meat scandal finally fading, consumers in China are being served with a fresh round of controversy at the deli – this one involving rat meat being passed off as mutton, among other deceptions.

Rats! China Chews on New Food Safety Scandal

Rats_Kebob_China.jpg

I forget; red or white wine with Rat?

- Cruisin Cat on our Facebook post

These are prime rib of Muroidea which we regularly served at the Gulag Eatery & Machine Shop before free Obama supply diminished. Now we are serving . . . . well, never mind . . . vodka covers many sins!

Interesting article, I didn't know they are still eating meat in China. “Meat Is Murder!” as they say. I believe it's time for Barackie to draw the red line with China. Out here on the coast we raise animals strictly for the natural resources they produce. Oh….., and the carbon credits. I mean, we have to pay for schools and bridges and highways somehow, right? In fact, with just one single cow a family of two same sex partners can properly fertilize their Arugula and collect enough methane daily to steam it. Then pay your carbon credits and everyone is happy. I really don't see any reason to eat rats anymore. Image

"Wha's for afters?"

"Rat cake, rat sorbet, rat pudding, or strawberry tart."

"Strawberry tart?"

"Well, it's got some rat in it."

" 'Ow much?"

"Three. Rather a lot, really."

"Well, I'll have a slice without so much rat in it."

---(Terry Jones & Michael Palin, "The Dead Bishop on the Landing" sketch)
Last edited by Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна on 5/7/2013, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason for editing this post: Elbow room!

Better Sweet and Sour Rat than General Tso's Kitten.
cat-chef.jpg

Those Lucky Dogs! (Oops, I have been previously warned not to interject the term "dog" into a discussion of the dining habits of our far-eastern Comrades In Revolution.)

In fact, my our entire collective salivates in comradely anticipation of the first Thursday of each month: That is when we receive our monthly Rat Allotment from the Glorious Heroic Peoples' Bureau Of Road Construction, Nutrition, And Pest Control!

And by the way - The filthy rumors that my our collective has been surreptitiously entrapping the noble Rattus rattus around my our Beet Silo for sale to surrounding collectives are totally mostly virtually unfounded.

[And a personal comradely note, it is NOT true that "wild" rats are too "gamey", nor are their delicious components too "salty." Their succulent meat virtually falls off the bone, when properly barbecued grilled.

If your collective desires to explore
alternative protein sources (More Work! - Less Food Required!) then you are directed to my our collective's advertisement informational bulletin on Craigslist.]

Komrades, the second largest rodent in the world is from South America, the paca. And now we are being told to swallow the PPACA.

You guys do realize here that you're gonna get Comrade Ratskins all upset, yes?

That being said - may I recommend a good habanero sauce?

I can't even begin to describe how upsetting this thread is for me. As penance I will force you to look at a picture of Audrey the rat taking a bubble bath. She was paralyzed in her front legs and looked forward to her twice daily baths. She was also pedigreed and had her papers showing lineage back to her ancestors in Germany. (100% true)
audrey.jpg

ratskins wrote:I can't even begin to describe how upsetting this thread is for me. As penance I will force you to look at a picture of Audrey the rat taking a bubble bath. She was paralyzed in her front legs and looked forward to her twice daily baths. She was also pedigreed and had her papers showing lineage back to her ancestors in Germany. (100% true)
The attachment audrey.jpg is no longer available

Rats bath.png

ratskins wrote:As penance I will force you to look at a picture of Audrey the rat ...
How delicious ... ooops, I meant delightful.

Chairman Meow, keep up the good cookery work -- your resource could be very valued in the Gulag Malt Shop & Laundry.

Captain Craptek: The commissar tells me we rats must bathe together…we must conserve water for the revolution. Our attitude has been noted….oh yes, it's been noted.[attachment=0]doctor-zhirato.jpg[/attachment][/b]

Chairman Meow wrote:How delicious ... ooops, I meant delightful.

I think you meant 'delicious!'

ratskins wrote:Captain Craptek Chairman Meow: Our Your attitude has been noted… oh yes, it's been noted.

chairman-meow-eats-rat.gif

(Where's your hat Meow?)

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
Red Square wrote:I forget; red or white wine with Rat?

- Cruisin Cat on our Facebook post

Neither Red nor White.... RIPPLE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... iR7Fq2tqJ0