Politico spins and squirms, gives Dems a good headline

How many errors can you spot in the following:

S&P: Debt default skeptics fueled ratings downgrade

Politico wrote:A Standard & Poor's director said for the first time Thursday that one reason the United States lost its triple-A credit rating was that several lawmakers expressed skepticism about the serious consequences of a credit default —a position put forth by some Republicans.

Without specifically mentioning Republicans, S&P senior director Joydeep Mukherji said the stability and effectiveness of American political institutions were undermined by the fact that “people in the political arena were even talking about a potential default,” Mukherji said.

“That a country even has such voices, albeit a minority, is something notable,” he added. “This kind of rhetoric is not common amongst AAA sovereigns.”

The statement seems likely to bolster one Democratic line of attack, that it was tea party intransigence — not a shortcoming of leadership by President Barack Obama — that is to blame for the U.S. downgrade, from AAA to AA+. Obama himself called on Republicans to “put country ahead of party” Thursday — a dig at conservatives in Congress who are blocking his agenda.
[emphisis mine]

Who was it saying a that if the Republicans wouldn't "compromise" with Obama we risked default? That Grandma's social security check might not get sent our? And then, who was it that reminded the country that current taxes will pay for the current debt so there was no risk of default?

Politico wrote:“What S&P wanted to see from the deal was a stabilization in the debt-to-GDP ratio over time,” he said. “We wanted to see something other than a line that kept going up. That's what we didn't see.”

Who is it that has spent so much over the last two and half years and is spending more and more that we can't hope to have a "stabilization in the debt-to-GDP ratio?"

Prepare for a tidal wave of this kind of reporting straight from the Democratic Party HQ as the 2012 campaign gears up.

Indeed, I expect this coming election season to be glorious beyond anything ever experienced here in the USSA! With Dear Leader controlling virtually all of the mainstream news outlets, and leaving the Tea-rrorists to do what (little) they can with their pathetic little talk radio and the internet - which, after all, a Democrat who should have been president invented - I look forward to the (Current) Truth being broadcast from sea to shining sea without end, 24/7!

This, after all, will be the four years that launches Dear Leader's unending Presidency!

$$, I must say that you are rather dour; all this manipulation is brilliant. When a ray of light falls into a pig sty, blame the light. Of course. I'd rather be a pig grunting in shit than see what's going on, as long as I get to ride the gravy train a long time.

Now let us get ready for the hagiographic movie of how Dear Oemptysuit singlehandedly captured bin Laden. It will be more thrilling that Vladimir Putin going SCUBA diving for the third time in his life and in two minutes finding two ancient vases.

Everyone knows that national leadership -- in good times and in bad times -- originates from the office of the Speaker of the House. This is simply a matter of knowing one's history that can only be acquired at Harvard College by way of Andover (where I attended, mind you.)

Everyone knows this, $$ -- everyone knows that it was Speaker Schuyler Colfax, and not President Abraham Lincoln, who led the country throughout the Civil War. Everyone knows it was Speaker Sam Rayburn who led the U.S. through WWII. Everyone knows it was Speaker Newt Gingrich who... no, wait, that was President Clinton who was responsible for the time of plenty throughout the '90s. Bottom line, $$: Speakers of the House are RESPONSIBLE. The buck stops with the Speaker of the House. Period.

Now then, the GOP can point all the fingers they want at poor, powerless President Obama, but the American people aren't buying it! They know he is not responsible for showing leadership -- for Goddess' sake, the man can't even read or write on his own! He can't even read, man! He is a child and yet you want to blame, blame and blame him some more! Pathetic. Absolutely and utter pathetic blame gaming on your part, $$.

You know how absurd you are? Next you are going to tell me that it was Ronald Ray-gun and not Speaker Tipp O'Neil who stood up to the Soviets, right? Am I right? Know your history, read a book, and go to a better college next time!

Father Prog Theocritus wrote:$$, I must say that you are rather dour; all this manipulation is brilliant. When a ray of light falls into a pig sty, blame the light. Of course. I'd rather be a pig grunting in shit than see what's going on, as long as I get to ride the gravy train a long time.

I for one blame the light. The light is a lie illuminating other lies upon lies and upon further lies. There are lies being told that are lies about lies! Fox News is nothing but lies! It was the Republicans going on television every night talking about the looming default -- not Tim Geithner or powerless President Obama. Seeing either Secretary Geithner or President Obama on television talking about default or seniors not getting their checks was merely Roger Ailes' trick photography department. Piss, I bet they got Disney involved on making the robot Geithner and Obama! Criminals!

These lies have to stop. Obama cannot read or write let alone lead a country. Republicans are to blame for this whole mess, they're in charge, and... and Democrats need a second chance to make it all right. The buck stopped with the Speaker and he FAILED.

Obama can't read or write! He is dependent on speechwriters! Speechwriters and teleprompters! SPEECHWRITERS AND TELEPROMPTERS!!11!!1!

Most Esteemed Meow Punchenko wrote:I for one blame the light. The light is a lie illuminating other lies upon lies and upon further lies. There are lies being told that are lies about lies!
Upon reading your missive, I had to go and have a lie-down. Lies illuminating other lies. I had thought that when I was lying, only for Party-approved purposes, of course, such as trashing people who aren't in on it, that it would be hidden. Sub rosa. I had no idea that lies could live other lies.

Why am I thinking about dear President Clinton? And our Many Titted Empress?

Also, who do you exert yourself over Dear Obastard's literacy? The three Rs have been a curse to good prog politicians: remember that Teddy Kennedy utterly hated that and left it staffers, and it is a canard that one of his staffers was trying to make him pay attention and she died at Chappaquiddick.

We are PROGS. Being a prog means never having to say you're wrong. Even if an amoeba would think that you are.

Not to worry. Our Leader has a plan. Recently he compared himself to Martin Luther King and we all know it is true. Our "Collective Observer" PEEP HOLE reports:

To observe is human - To report is Party Approved.

barack king.jpg

How can you say that Lord Obozo has a scheme? He is the LIGHT, come to save us from ourselves. He's useless, destructive, arrogant and not that bright. He's the perfect prog.

But don't give him credit for a plan. The plan is in the minds of the people whose hands are up his ass.