Prog off: New Rocky and Bullwinkle Season 101 approved!

[img]/images/various_uploads/R_B_Poster.jpg[/img]

I just watched the first two episodes of Dreamworks' The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle 2018 on Amazon Prime (Season 101) - mostly to make sure that someone in Hollywood didn't ruin the old favorite and/or resurrect the themes of Red Scare and Russian spies in order to perpetuate the Trump/Russia collusion narrative.

It turns out, I liked the remake even better than the original. Of course, I never watched them as a child, having spent my tender years on the other side of the Iron Curtain, so I may not have the right perspective.

Boris and Natasha look almost the same, only more angular and stylized, but with the same great pseudo-Russian accents. The Fearless Leader is now less East German and has more of a Russian accent. Talking about his motivation to control the world, he seems to be stealing his lines from Vladimir Putin:

As you know, for years, Pottsylvania has been the laughingstock of the Free World. "Pottsylvania is weak!" "Pottsylvania is stupid!" "What's a Pottsylvania?" Well, the laughing stops now, when I unleash the full power of my doomsday device!

[img]/images/various_uploads/F_Leader.jpg[/img]

If the original cartoon placed his country vaguely in the spot where East Germany used to be, the new map shows Pottsylvania as an island in the middle of the Black Sea (it has no islands), right next to the Crimean peninsula, which recently had been annexed by Putin. I find it very clever.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Pottsylvania.jpg[/img]

The main difference from the original series is that now Rocky and Bullwinkle are being chased not only by Boris and Natasha, but also by the incompetent Homeland Security, headed by Director Peachfuzz, a crazy androgynous black lady. I don't know if that's intentional, but Peachfuzz is a great composite caricature of Loretta Lynch / Susan Rice / Comey / Clapper / Brennan and the rest of the notorious gang.

If ridiculing our bumbling intelligence leaders at other times may have seemed subversive, in the Trump era it's spot-on and hilarious.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Peachfuzz2.jpg[/img]

Enjoy and write your own reviews below!
~

Could this be Loretta Lynch talking to Agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page?

[img]/images/various_uploads/Peachfuzz.jpg[/img]

The original Peachfuzz was male and a Navy Captain. He was none-the-less clueless and incompetent.

Little known fact: I too am a graduate of Wassamatta U.

Blog question: is there any way to hide the "facebook, twitter, pintrest, etc." bar that has shown up lately? With my poor eyesight I crank up the zoom, which makes that bar shift to the bottom of the screen and take up way too much space.

SAFE DEPICTION OF AMERICA'S ENEMIES

[img]/images/various_uploads/Boris_Natasha_DNC.jpg[/img]

UNSAFE DEPICTION OF AMERICA'S ENEMIES

[img]/images/Boris_Natasha_Muslim_Terrorists.jpg[/img]

Ivan Betinov wrote:Blog question: is there any way to hide the "facebook, twitter, pintrest, etc." bar that has shown up lately? With my poor eyesight I crank up the zoom, which makes that bar shift to the bottom of the screen and take up way too much space.
Because of the changes in ShareThis platform, our share buttons at the top had stopped working, so I replaced them with the sticky bar on the side.

Marx and Lenin taught us to share. And you can't share without the share buttons. We must have them or else. If they shift to the bottom on your phone, try sliding the screen a little down and the buttons will go away.

But complaining about it may be perceived by the vigilant masses as unwillingness to share and thus as a rejection of Lenin's commandments. You wouldn't want that to happen to you, would you, comrade Ivan?

Who doesn't like a good sticky bar? Certainly not me! I love 'em. Want to share them with my neighbors, send them to my friends, pass them out to the local kiddies. Nope, no complaints here!

I like the idea. Do they have Fractured Fairy Tales?

Margaret wrote:I like the idea. Do they have Fractured Fairy Tales?

...or Peabody, Sherman and the WABAC machine?

I had no idea this was in the works. Watching the trailer my first impression is that they came reasonably close to the original Jay Ward style, but it seemed a bit closer to Cartoon Network shows of the 90's (like "Fairly Odd Parents"). The voices are good, but will never be mistaken for June Foray (Rocky, Natasha), Bill Scott (Bullwinkle) and Paul Frees (Boris, and just about everyone else).

Bill Scott also voiced Peabody, which is quite a stretch, especially considering he wasn't a voice actor, but Jay Ward's co-producer of the show. The legend has it that he couldn't find an actor to do the voice he had in his head, so Ward told him, "why don't you just do it yourself?"

Was that TMI? Sorry, comrades. A wildly mis-spent youth.

- SK

Margaret wrote:I like the idea. Do they have Fractured Fairy Tales?

Not that I have seen yet. That's a pity, they were my favorite part. I would just record them separately and have them as a standalone show.

I like the old school Natasha Fatale better, she was hot.

Regarding Rocky, Bullwinkle and Professor Peabody's WayBack Machine exposing Wilson & Plame as Boris & Natashia re Scooter Libby, and in light of Trump having recently pardoned Scooter Libby (on the basis of Judith-Come-Lately's recantation of false recollection induced by prosecutorial misconduct by Patrick Fitzgerald) previously witchhunt-convicted by James Comey's henchman, Patrick Fitzgerald, watch the video linked below (in wmv format only because the YouTube version disappeared when YouTube cancelled the account including it):

Wilson & Plame, CIA-APM.

--KOOK

It turns out, I liked the remake even better than the original. Of course, I never watched them as a child, having spent my tender years on the other side of the Iron Curtain, so I may not have the right perspective.

Not having seen the remake yet, yet having spent my tender years being schooled on the G.W.O.N.T. by Boris and Natasha, I don't have the right perspective either.

However, my instinct tells me that you could take 'SENATOR', put a NICE head of hair on him, change his name to POTUS, make it the Oval Office and change bill to executive order and ..................................

BADA BING! BADA BOOM!

We've got ourselves a REMAKE of this episode..........................

Oh, I almost forgot, we'll change the episode name from 'Jet Fuel' to 'Uranium'.

I just watched the first couple of episodes. Peachfuzz is obviously Maxine Waters. Just substitute "Donald Trump" for "Moose and Squirrel" in episode two and tell me I'm not right.

What about the Bragging "McBarack" taking credit for the Trump economy? Indeed.

Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a Russian out of my hat!

I wonder how many people know that Boris Badenov is a play on the name of Tsar Boris Gudunov.

latest.png
In any case, here is Boris' slanderous campaign message attacking his political opponent Bullwinkle.

CrustyB wrote:Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a Russian out of my hat!
You are listening to M. Mueller again, re-education will be necessary.