Russia: the Great Patriotic Re-Election of Putin in 2018

[img]/images/various_uploads/Russian_Election_2018.jpg[/img]

The Russian election today was glorious. The only viable candidate has always been Putin. While four or five other candidates have been allowed to run, it was made sure that not one of them goes into double digits.

The only more or less serious competitor, Navalny, was not allowed to run and he called for everyone to boycott the election.

Everybody knew in advance that Putin would be elected anyway. The boycott would not prevent him from winning, but low numbers would undermine his legitimacy. That is why voting or not voting was the difference between supporting Putin or opposing him.

Russians have been exchanging memes and funny videos about this situation for a few months now.

Here are just some of them, translated (by me) from the glorious Mother Tongue to the imperialist and militaristic American English.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Ballot_2018_Putin.jpg[/img]

Russian government hackers have been able to hack pregnancy test devices.

[img]/images/various_uploads/Russian_Election_Pregnancy_Test.jpg[/img]

On a slightly more serious note, how much potential does Mikhail Khodorkovsky of Open Russia have to be a force for change? From what I've seen, I hope he has some really good personal security.

Why shouldn't comrade Putin emulate the glorious General Secretary/President/Chairman of China, Xi Jinping? I mean, how many damn terms has Angela Merkel had already? I'll tell you, she started her 4th 4 year term as Chancellor last year. But that's hardly a surprise for a graduate of Karl Marx University in Leipzig. And our own, most beloved People's Director has been re-elected by unanimous acclaim by the Inner Party since before some of you were even born.

Vladimir Putin called obama to report that he has more flexibility after this election too

Dammit Blogunov!

Again your (MOST EQUAL!) posting has caused me to spew beet vodka across the Peoples' monitor and keyboard!

This will waste much time in cleaning of such.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Dammit Blogunov!

Again your (MOST EQUAL!) posting has caused me to spew beet vodka across the Peoples' monitor and keyboard!

This most equal meme was reallocated from another comrade. Ushanka tip to the alter ego of Zampolit Blokhayev.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Dammit Blogunov!

Ditto that.