Shall The Party consume its own this season?

To paraphrase the famous line from Red Dawn "All that hate is gonna eat you up, Progressive Comrades". Nearly a decade of self-imposed disenfranchisement, nihilism, narcissism, blind rage, paranoia, derangement and host of other clinical ailments have been the constant companion of many on the American political Left. It's not hard to believe that years of Progressive Primal Scream Therapy have had a corrosive effect on American and Western society, much in the way that a spoiled child's persistent temper tantrums will eventually wear down even the most resolute adult.

Still, one wonders what happens to the psyche of a person who spends years immersed in the anger and delusional rhetoric that has characterized the American Left for most of the last decade. At what point does putting your productive energy into years of pointless protests and empty theatrical gestures tire you out? When do your years of rage and unproductive action, channeled towards the first dim ray of hope, lead you to potential self destruction?

Apparently, right around election time!

With a hat tip to John Hawkins at Conservative Grapevine, yet another of several recent examples I've noticed about a trend within The People's Party.

Misogynist Obamabots vs. Racist Clintonoids at Taylor Marsh's page

It seems that even such esteemed Prog Leaders as NYT's "Prof. K" have noted with dismay the cult-like nature of Obama's rise. No surprise to honest students of history and human nature what happens when you throw a gifted orator making vague promises of change in front a bunch of people who've spent years wallowing in misery and self-delusion.

It's hard to say yet if the American Left is about to begin eating its own or if it is simply settling differences among adherents keyed up on years of hate but its a trend that bears watching.

Oh, definitely read the comments! No surprise that there's a certain amount of blaming "the Right", including Freepers and Rove. Another thing that comes through loud and clear is how people wrapped up in group identity politics simply can't grasp the concept of disliking or disagreeing with an individual. A shot at Hillary is misogyny, a shot at Obama is racist. All conservative ideology is hate. Yeah, of course we all know this stuff but sometimes it's like watching a play with a copy of the script in your hands.

I think there's also an element of our general societal infatuation with psychology at work there. I noticed some of the posters giving off that "The reason you support anything other than my viewpoint is either: a) you are evil and want to hurt me, personally, or b) You have been brainwashed by evil and are too stupid to know you've been brainwashed" vibe. We've become a nation of McMartin pre-schoolers, apparently.

ImageIs the blind acceptance of Obama's cult like Hope and Change empty rhetoric of any less substance than those who swallow that Hillary will bring change? That Hillary really did not know what Hsu, or any long line of people who engaged in questionable intrigues were doing? That Hillary will fulfill her promise to "end poverty" (after 40 plus years of the War on Poverty has failed), or her promise of free, effective health care for everyone? Needless to say, I could go on and on. It simply amazes me that any one with a quarter gram of neurons in their skull, could support a Clinton in the White House again, yet we know they are there. But shouldn't this be in the bunker?

Commissar Pupovich wrote:But shouldn't this be in the bunker?
Yes, it should be in the bunker. However, it appears that to be admitted into the bunker one must be a super delegate of The Party. Apparently, being a Commissar with psychotic tendencies, a fondness for my daily triple vodka ration and my Party issued Yarygin PYa makes some Party leaders nervous and unwilling to grant me super delegate status. I can't imagine why my comrades would not want to be locked in a bunker with me.

What bunker? In know nothing of this bunker you speak of.

<runs_away>

Commissar M wrote:
Commissar Pupovich wrote:But shouldn't this be in the bunker?
Yes, it should be in the bunker. However, it appears that to be admitted into the bunker one must be a super delegate of The Party. Apparently, being a Commissar with psychotic tendencies, a fondness for my daily triple vodka ration and my Party issued Yarygin PYa makes some Party leaders nervous and unwilling to grant me super delegate status. I can't imagine why my comrades would not want to be locked in a bunker with me.

Actually, it may be I who is in the dark. I have often suspected there is a bunker outside the PMO bunker. A super bunker as it were.

I know nothing of this Super Bunker you speak of....

<runs_away>

You seem to <run> a lot Premier. I suspect you know things that are beyond us, but then again, I do have some Hot Pockets....

Ivan Betinov wrote:I noticed some of the posters giving off that "The reason you support anything other than my viewpoint is either: a) you are evil and want to hurt me, personally, or b) You have been brainwashed by evil and are too stupid to know you've been brainwashed" vibe.
(off character)
Because the alternative is simply unthinkable. "What if I am wrong?" I doubt if there are many Cube denizens who haven't asked themselves that question at some point. In fact, I suspect that many of us have arrived here precisely because we asked ourselves that question. Oh sure, most Leftists are more than willing to question anyone who takes a contrary position to their own but there's an almost blind acceptance of anything they have accepted as their's. To seek to understand why people choose so-called "right wing" ideology is to open yourself to the possibility that reasonable, rational, intelligent people have looked at the world and come to a different conclusion than you. Logically, this can not be because there is only one conclusion that reasonable, rational, intelligent people can draw and that conclusion leads you to "left wing" ideology. The only way to explain this conundrum is that your opponents must either be evil or ignorant, if not both.

Couple this with the gross sense of entitlement we as a society have fostered over the last few decades (the nation of pre-schoolers) and you create a person who is not only unwilling to question their own ideology but who believes they have a right to be correct. One obvious example being the "stolen elections" accusations any time a Conservative or Republican wins an election. Another is the demand for "healing" or "unity" any time they win, which can usually be interpreted as telling opponents " now that we've won, you need to shut up", usually with the implied threat of "or we'll shut you up".

The problem that we see illustrated by the Obama vs. Clinton battle is that most of their supporters have learned only to demonize people who oppose them. What happens when the people you oppose are ideological comrades and not the mad cast of two dimensional "christofascist rethugliKKKans" you've spent years blaming for everything? Well, everyone who disagrees with you is evil and/or stupid, right? It can only stand to reason then that your party is also full of evil and/or stupid people, possibly placed their by the opposition, who will undermine "progressive goals" if allowed to win. All that seething hate you spent years fostering, all that gross entitlement to be right and always win and all that petulant, childish behavior you've indulged in and and encouraged each other suddenly has a new target in your fellow progs. Will this struggle end with a back stage coup d'etat or will Denver be a repeat of Chicago in 1968?

Commissar M wrote: Will this struggle end with a back stage coup d'etat or will Denver be a repeat of Chicago in 1968?

Commissar, this is the Empress we are talking about. You must understand, it will be more like Krystal Nacht.

Commissar Pupovich wrote: You seem to <run> a lot Premier. I suspect you know things that are beyond us, but then again, I do have some Hot Pockets....

I know nothing, nothing! You should know this because I went to public school. I have the diploma right here.

...did you say you had hot pockets?

Yes, Hot Pockets.... lots of them. an assortment of flavors... they can be had... for the price of some minor information.

Commissar Pupovich wrote: Commissar, this is the Empress we are talking about. You must understand, it will be more like Krystal Nacht.

She's giving out Krystals*? Oh wow, they're almost as good as Hot Pockets!

At least she won't be acting like a Nazi or something.

* For those who don't know, Krystals are the southern version of White Castle hamburgers. Are they good? Well, people call 'em sliders, burger bombs and gut grenades and apparently they must be eaten in large quantities after a night of drinking and debauchery.

In an earlier version of my comments, I suggested a "Night Of The Long Knives" instead of "backstage coup d'etat". In retrospect, I probably should've stayed with that analogy.

Commissar Pupovich wrote: they can be had... for the price of some minor information.

Just what kind of information were you thinking of? And just how "minor" is it.

<looks_around_nervously>

Oh, just whether there is a secret bunker other than the bunker I know of.

Question: How is Obama going to win in the GE? Any thoughts? Anybody? Anybody at all?

Nancy wrote:Question: How is Obama going to win in the GE? Any thoughts? Anybody? Anybody at all?
Nancy the question is how is he not going to win? Assuming he beats Hillary, I think short of a major scandal he has a lock on the general. In the general the MSM will provide cover for any blunders and missteps, such as Mrs. Obama's recent anti-American confession. The MSM of course will be trashing McCain daily. Then there is an unmotivated Republican base. Not to mention that Obama is viewed as the savoir by the ignorant and/or uninformed, of which there are many.

* For those who don't know, Krystals are the southern version of White Castle hamburgers. Are they good? Well, people call 'em sliders, burger bombs and gut grenades and apparently they must be eaten in large quantities after a night of drinking and debauchery.

Yes. They give you something nice and soft to throw up at about 4:00 a.m., and the grease content is a vital lubricant for the binge drinker's esophagus during the technicolor yawn.

Image Yep, Maksim pretty much summed up my feelings too. Massive amounts of uncritical partisan swooning and messianic fervor in the media (which, as we've been told, isn't liberal) and the (also not liberal) entertainment industry. Obama will come across as brilliant in the debates and he will triangulate and mold his rhetoric to match his audience. Any criticism or dissent will be labeled "racist" and calls will once again go out to limit such "hate speech". It will be Obama's race to lose because McCain has neither the popular support nor the temperament and personality to face him down.

What concerns me most is this. While Obama's campaign rhetoric has been vapid and short on specifics, the man himself is not. He has ideas and his patrons (like Soros) have ideas. The Hope and Change show has, I believe, some very specific elements which have to be carefully skirted in this age where even Democrats have to acknowledge Reagan in a positive light.

The Hope and Change platform.
In the name of "unity" and "healing our nation", attempts will be made to silence "hateful" voices of the Right. Obama will be held to a different standard than his predecessors, no matter how ineffective or even harmful his administration may be. Language and criticisms that are now routinely used against Bush will be unacceptable for use against Obama and policed by the very people who use such language today. Any failings in the economy or national infrastructure, any unusual weather or natural disasters, even well in to Obama's term, will be blamed on Bush. Our President will travel abroad to "make nice" with our enemies even as they continued to threaten us. Our economy will be strangled with increased regulation and taxation in the name of "taking excessive profits" and "repairing our damaged environment". We will be tied to a burdensome, ineffective universal healthcare system that we will be unable to extricate ourselves from. We will retreat from the world militarily and give the global jihad a chance to play "catch up". We will kiss ass and throw money at intractable things without changing world opinion or actually providing much relief at all. We will be here in 4 years (maybe if the government allows it) reeling from all that we have lost, our individualism smothering under encroaching collectivism. And the Obamabots will be sitting in the same pile of sh**, telling us how much better it all is.

And what happens when Obama's Hope and Change Express runs afoul of the real world the way Bush's Compassionate Conservatism agenda did? What happens when the Obamabots realize that we really are at war with people who really do want them dead regardless of, or even because of, their "Progressive" ideology?

Ivan Betinov wrote:

Yes. They give you something nice and soft to throw up at about 4:00 a.m., and the grease content is a vital lubricant for the binge drinker's esophagus during the technicolor yawn.

Mmmmmmm! Sounds great! And they have a Kryistals near my job, dacha but I have never tried them.

Please Pass This On
I usually don't pass along these 'add your name' lists that appear in my
email, but this one is too important . This one has been circulating for
months and months. Please do not delete ... If you don't want to sign, at
least keep it going ! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

To show your support for Hillary and encourage her on her run for President
of the United States in 2008, please add your name to the rapidly growing
list below and send it on to your entire e-mail list.

1. Bill
2. Chelsea

1. Bill
2. Chelsea
3. Ullyses S. Grant
4. Kaspar Hauser
5. John F. Kennedy
6. Prester John
7. Bigfoot Q. Sasquatch
8. Elvis Presley
9. Karl Marx
10. Groucho Marx

1. Bill
2. Chelsea
3. Ullyses S. Grant
4. Kaspar Hauser
5. John F. Kennedy
6. Prester John
7. Bigfoot Q. Sasquatch
8. Elvis Presley
9. Karl Marx
10. Groucho Marx
11. Jeffrey Dahmer
12. Charlie Manson
13. Michelle Obama
14. Ronald Muhammad McDonald
15. Chris Matthews... Just kidding! I'm still crushing hard for Obama! Hah!
16. Hu Jintao
17. Kim Jong-Il
18. The Soup Nazi
19. Bea Arthur

1. Bill
2. Chelsea
3. Ullyses S. Grant
4. Kaspar Hauser
5. John F. Kennedy
6. Prester John
7. Bigfoot Q. Sasquatch
8. Elvis Presley
9. Karl Marx
10. Groucho Marx
11. Jeffrey Dahmer
12. Charlie Manson
13. Michelle Obama
16. Hu Jintao
17. Kim Jong-Il
18. The Soup Nazi
19. Bea Arthur
20. Huey P. Long
21. Eleanor Roosevelt
22. Ron Brown
23. Jim McDougal
24. Vince Foster

Some specifics from the Hope and Change Express. Thankfully, even though the Beloved and Divine Leader isn't very specific, The Missus sure is.

Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.-Michelle Obama

H/T to Jim Geraghty @ NRO

Yes Madame Obama, a labor camp is far outside my comfort zone.

(did that sound cynical?)

1. Bill
2. Chelsea
3. Ullyses S. Grant
4. Kaspar Hauser
5. John F. Kennedy
6. Prester John
7. Bigfoot Q. Sasquatch
8. Elvis Presley
9. Karl Marx
10. Groucho Marx
11. Jeffrey Dahmer
12. Charlie Manson
13. Michelle Obama
16. Hu Jintao
17. Kim Jong-Il
18. The Soup Nazi
19. Bea Arthur
20. Huey P. Long
21. Eleanor Roosevelt
22. Ron Brown
23. Jim McDougal
24. Vince Foster
25. Mary Cal Hollis
26. Eric Chester
27. David McReynolds
28. Walter F. Brown
29. Mary Alice Herbert
30. Stewart Alexander
31. Brian P. Moore

1. Bill
2. Chelsea
3. Ullyses S. Grant
4. Kaspar Hauser
5. John F. Kennedy
6. Prester John
7. Bigfoot Q. Sasquatch
8. Elvis Presley
9. Karl Marx
10. Groucho Marx
11. Jeffrey Dahmer
12. Charlie Manson
13. Michelle Obama
16. Hu Jintao
17. Kim Jong-Il
18. The Soup Nazi
19. Bea Arthur
20. Huey P. Long
21. Eleanor Roosevelt
22. Ron Brown
23. Jim McDougal
24. Vince Foster
25. Mary Cal Hollis
26. Eric Chester
27. David McReynolds
28. Walter F. Brown
29. Mary Alice Herbert
30. Stewart Alexander
31. Brian P. Moore
32. Mary Jane Rottencrotch
33. FDR
34. Newman
35. Kramer
36. Kramden
37. Norton
38. LBJ
39. Adlai Stevenson
40. Mikael Rudolph

1. Bill
2. Chelsea
3. Ullyses S. Grant
4. Kaspar Hauser
5. John F. Kennedy
6. Prester John
7. Bigfoot Q. Sasquatch
8. Elvis Presley
9. Karl Marx
10. Groucho Marx
11. Jeffrey Dahmer
12. Charlie Manson
13. Michelle Obama
16. Hu Jintao
17. Kim Jong-Il
18. The Soup Nazi
19. Bea Arthur
20. Huey P. Long
21. Eleanor Roosevelt
22. Ron Brown
23. Jim McDougal
24. Vince Foster
25. Mary Cal Hollis
26. Eric Chester
27. David McReynolds
28. Walter F. Brown
29. Mary Alice Herbert
30. Stewart Alexander
31. Brian P. Moore
33. FDR
34. Newman
35. Kramer
36. Kramden
37. Norton
38. LBJ
39. Adlai Stevenson
40. Mikael Rudolph
41. Barney the Purple Dinosaur
42. Snoop Dogg
43. Hello Kitty
44. Achmed the dead terrorist ..... Silence..... HE KEEL YOU !!!!

1. Bill
2. Chelsea
3. Ullyses S. Grant
4. Kaspar Hauser
5. John F. Kennedy
6. Prester John
7. Bigfoot Q. Sasquatch
8. Elvis Presley
9. Karl Marx
10. Groucho Marx
11. Jeffrey Dahmer
12. Charlie Manson
13. Michelle Obama
16. Hu Jintao
17. Kim Jong-Il
18. The Soup Nazi
19. Bea Arthur
20. Huey P. Long
21. Eleanor Roosevelt
22. Ron Brown
23. Jim McDougal
24. Vince Foster
25. Mary Cal Hollis
26. Eric Chester
27. David McReynolds
28. Walter F. Brown
29. Mary Alice Herbert
30. Stewart Alexander
31. Brian P. Moore
33. FDR
34. Newman
35. Kramer
36. Kramden
37. Norton
38. LBJ
39. Adlai Stevenson
40. Mikael Rudolph
42. Snoop Dogg
43. Hello Kitty
45. Barbra Streisand
46. Alec Baldwin
47. Gwyneth Paltrow
48. Mumia Abu Jamal
49. GOMS
50. Mulva (even though he says he's not voting anymore)

1. Bill
2. Chelsea
3. Ullyses S. Grant
4. Kaspar Hauser
5. John F. Kennedy
6. Prester John
7. Bigfoot Q. Sasquatch
8. Elvis Presley
9. Karl Marx
10. Groucho Marx
11. Jeffrey Dahmer
12. Charlie Manson
13. Michelle Obama
16. Hu Jintao
17. Kim Jong-Il
18. The Soup Nazi
19. Bea Arthur
20. Huey P. Long
21. Eleanor Roosevelt
22. Ron Brown
23. Jim McDougal
24. Vince Foster
25. Mary Cal Hollis
26. Eric Chester
27. David McReynolds
28. Walter F. Brown
29. Mary Alice Herbert
30. Stewart Alexander
31. Brian P. Moore
33. FDR
34. Newman
35. Kramer
36. Kramden
37. Norton
38. LBJ
39. Adlai Stevenson
40. Mikael Rudolph
42. Snoop Dogg
43. Hello Kitty
45. Barbra Streisand
46. Alec Baldwin
47. Gwyneth Paltrow
48. Mumia Abu Jamal
49. GOMS
50. Mulva (even though he says he's not voting anymore)
51. Kommissar Vodkov
52. Curly
53. Moe
54. Larry

55. Hillary
56. Hillary
57. Hillary
58. Hillary
59. Leonardo Da Vinci
60. Everyone you know and look up to