Smoking Is Now Patriotic

Obama's tobacco tax increase takes effect Wednesday.

In response, a group of brave people have launched a new site to encourage more smoking, its for the Children™. So please visit smokeforthechildren.org
The site is a work in progress and I know they are open to suggestions for content if anyone is so inclined.
BTW: The adorable logo is my handy work. Doesn't he make you want to light up?

Ahh sin taxes. First tobacco. Then booze. Then ammunition...

Nice work, Maksim. I like their video. The guy looks like the devil, seducing the poor woman with sweet talk of doing it for TheChildren(TM).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/o_LutWBunb4&h ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Obamissar 7.62 wrote:Ahh sin taxes. First tobacco. Then booze. Then ammunition...

Comrade Obamissar 7.62,

You forgot the most important, the one now part of our "living, breathing" Constitution, which is increasingly lacking in constitution: the tax on the sin of work and income.

Smoking for the Children is good idea. Sounds like Cash for Trash. Very Catchy. And comrade O-Smokie-Six-Packs-a-Day sneaky slippery hypocrite closet smoker could be the national spokesman for smokeforthechildren.org. That way, teachers of first grade children can place pictures of O-Smokie smoking to encourage children to become smokers for the children as grown-ups.

Considering The One's past on Hawaii, does this finally open the doors to legalization of marijuana, thus freeing the police to focus on real problems and root causes? I mean, by calling marijuana by its Hawaiian name, pakalolo, don't we make it multicultural and thus part of official Party doctrine?

Imagine the following, if you will, with or without Sean Penn stumbling through it:
"Hey, Mr. Comrade Party Dude, where's my weekly bong allotment of pakalolo? I seem to have forgotten it. (Can I bogart some of those Doritos?) I can't listen to Don Ho or enjoy my shade-grown FairTrade organic poi without it, which deprives me of the right to understand and appreciate Hawaiian culture to its fullest."

"Tiny bubbles / In my bong / Makes me happy / Makes time feel long"

I see. Long Dong Sean. Was that about the time that Madonna got her funnel-shaped bazooms?

Maksim, you have convinced me. I do not smoke and never have, but I think that I'll have to take it up. And this is doubly generous of me for I haven't any children.

I'm smoking for <i>your</i> children.

Very progressive, Maksim, very progressive. By smoking, not only do we fund worthy programs but we decrease our own chances of living to an old age when we will become burdens on Social Security, Medicare and the proletariat in general. Mmmmm, maybe Obama can find a way to make crackers out of the dead, taxed-out smokers. Feed the masses! Idi Amin said we taste like chicken, which is bland, but the added flavor of nicotine gives it a bit of zing. Yummy, yummy.

The only problem, Opiate, with that is that smoking tends to damage not only the lungs but also the heart. And we will need lots of hearts for transplanting.

Smoking does not, however, tend to affect the brain, which is a pity. Well, it will increase my Jifi-Lobo business.

Good graphic, Maksim. I like the idea that if I take up smoking again, I can look gorgeous, glamorous, and full of zest for life while I have fun crushing hunky male skulls between my thighs of death--instead of like this:

Only how to keep cigarettes lit during such lively horseplay in the water? This is certain to douse the cigarettes and make them unsmokable.

I'm reminded of a sign my father once posted in the restroom of his business many, many years ago: "Please don't put cigarette butts in the toilet--it makes them soggy and hard to light."

Pinkie, you do not have to take up smoking to have thunder thighs. Have you noticed how Our Many Titted Empress progresses through her rounds as Secretary of State? All of her infinite successes come from the threat of, er, caressing foreign heads of state between said thunder thighs.

I have it on good authority that when she visits Iran that threat will cause them to pitch all their fissionable materials in the Mediterranean.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:The only problem, Opiate, with that is that smoking tends to damage not only the lungs but also the heart. And we will need lots of hearts for transplanting.

Seeing as how Britain's NHS might just start helping itself to your carcass' organs without your or your kin's permission--who needs it when the People's permission has been given?--such laws will eventually be enacted. I suspect it will happen first in democratic countries with inverted demographic pyramids, if it takes even that long. Then the law expands to cover those at greatest risk of dying and already in hospital. They're a burden to the State, hence the People--he is heavy; screw my brother, I'm getting mine!--so death is administered, perhaps with shade-grown organic FairTrade Gore™ hemlock tea (Green Soylent Green coming right up!): beds freed, drugs saved, staff released from exploitation, costs reduced, Gaia saved. Everyone a winnah!

Since all cultures are equal, will we not once again see the day when, as in extinct Meso-American cultures, a needed heart for a Party member is ripped, still beating, from the chest of a less equal member? Perhaps one who smoked, drank UnFairTrade coffee with cream from oppressed and exploited bovines, or ate an underground Quarter Pounder earlier in the day?

Progress, comrades!
When do we need it? Now!
When do we want it? Now!

Just don't shout it too impassioned, for you might put yourself at risk of a stroke contribution to the GreaterGood™.

Comrades,

Is it true TME does not wear corduroy because the constant friction of even short walks would cause painful smoldering (and, potentially, fire) in a sensitive region?

Commissarka Pinkie wrote: I'm reminded of a sign my father once posted in the restroom of his business many, many years ago: "Please don't put cigarette butts in the toilet--it makes them soggy and hard to light."

As a true progressive, I have no concept of actions and consequences so I am certain this is merely right-wing capitalist propaganda and that cigarette butts may be put into toilets with impunity.

Tovarich, when Our Many Titted Empress walks it does cause friction. You'll notice that we never hear sound of her walking at all--once she was heard walking and it was the sound of a thousand chimps with two thousand pieces of Velcro.

But as far as friction in a sensitive spot goes, I wouldn't worry. She is perfectly used to the Hildo Hydra 7.1.

Obamissar 7.62 wrote:Ahh sin taxes. First tobacco. Then booze. Then ammunition...
I see trans fat being taxed even though it's virtually eliminated. I also see McDonalds being hit with taxes because it's just plain unhealthy. . . actually, I must retire to the Inner Circle, these are good ideas.

(off)
I've said it once and I'll say it again (interruption) no, not that one, this one.

Smokers are people too!

I don't know how you did it Maksim, but I'm quite certain that is a pic from my family album. It's my Mom and Dad vacationing at guadalcanal in 1942. (the trips were cheap.)

I gave up smoking last year. Silly me- in our newest version of the Zero Sum, me winning health has caused The Children to lose. I'll go get a pack of Camels post haste.

BigFurHat wrote:I don't know how you did it Maksim, but I'm quite certain that is a pic from my family album. It's my Mom and Dad vacationing at guadalcanal in 1942. (the trips were cheap.)
I don't see them wearing big fur hats. Are you sure they are your parents? Perhaps Maksim airbrushed them out of the picture for sneaky propaganda purposes.

I was right! I did a search in KG3 archives and found this original image.

BigFur, if they are indeed your parents that would explain a lot, for we now know that smoking while pregnant greatly increases risk of birth defects. Your alleged mother can't even go for a swim without putting out her cig; I doubt she would have quit her chain smoking while prego. And birth defects are the perfect excuse for the iowntheworld. ;-)