State of the Union: Answering History's Call

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Glad. I have been absent for a while, for my time is taken by the demands of Calvin and Hobbes, my two cats, who have very pointed ideas about what I may do with my time.

I wasn't ignoring you.

I never thought you were ignoring me, dear Theo. I was referring to Tovarich. I see his Ninja ways in his responses, just like you said. As I said earlier, I accept Tovarich's ignorance (his ignoring of me, a shameless play on words.) All he did was go elsewhere. I'm fine with it. Just playin'.

Howsomever, if you are talkin' kitties here, I, Pamalinsky, am right on the same page with you! I love cats! I do hope you were having fun with them and that nothing is wrong with either of them. I know how that can be.

Leninka wrote:A murder of Bill Clinton Crows
A clowder of Pete Starkey cats (See Mudfinger Post)
A leap of Alan Grayson jellyfish
A smack of Barbara Boxer Stinky Anchovies<br>A skulk of David Obey foxes (See Mudfinger Post)
A labor of Henry Waxman moles
A knot of horny John Edwards toads
A drift of Hillary Hogs
A crash of Barney Frank Rhinoceroses

You always take my breath away, Leninka!

A drift of Hillary Hogs? I like it, and it's descriptive. The set of Hillary is the subset of hogs, but not the other way round. It's like saying e. coli bacteria.

As far as cats go, here's Calvin:
And here His Majesty is, and not at all impressed.
People own dogs; cats have staff. And Calvin has presence. When he enters the room, he expects applause.

Yeah, I am quite familiar with the cats have staff, and all, I was one of them! The staff that is. Good heavens, what a beautiful boy! Gorgeous! Isn't it always true that when you got the best shot of them in focus, they suddenly want to "get down" (off of any surface they might be?) Midshot! We always want to get pictures of the pets we love so much. Cats are the worst cooperators! The WORST! From the shots you were lucky to get, and I mean lucky, I can see what kinda kitty Calvin is! He's quite beautiful (takes after his Dad). And saweet! Applause! Applause! Applause! I think Calvin was just being modest in the second shot. Just a guess.

Meanwhile, I'm sending you these two short links which I think you will enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuiKbnA3w0Q
A Beautiful Relationship

<br>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g0-fSOv ... re=related

Here's Chloe:

Image Chloe was quite fond of doing her impersonation of an Orca, as you can see in the bottom photo. Sadly, she left us last May. She was a rescued kitty and I loved her with all my heart.

What an elegant cat. I'm sorry you lost her; I've lost three. Of the five I have had, Calvin is my favorite. But I'm fond of his brother Hobbes too.

About 18 years ago brother Mark bought Mom a Russian blue kitten. Mom was in the last bit of her life owing to cancer and was in a hospital bed in the den. The kitten, later named Grumpy, had no interest in her. She didn't feed him and probably smelled bad. In 2005 I was quite ill and Calvin and Hobbes wanted nothing to do with me. After a few months I got better and they are just fine now.

But Dad fed Grumpy and they became best friends. Dad had never liked cats. It blows your mind to see a man in his 70s playing hide-and-seek with a cat. Dad's now 84 and Grumpy's about 18 and they're still inseparable. But I cannot get him to get another cat. Grumpy cannot be long for this world. Whereas my father drives his red, two-seater Cadillac sports car.

Thanks, my dear Theo. I was just tryin' to reach Red Square, for approval on my new idea. Can't get through. Nor, can I get through to you, privately, either.

So, I'm just gonna give you this most delicious pic of Nanski, I have many ideas how to deal with it! I suspect you have many!

Check it out.

I always respect your input, Sir. That's why I'm askin"Image
Say yes, and I will give you my ideas! Say no, and I will still give you my ideas! Deal? Meanwhile, can you actually believe this photo of Nanski? A real piece of canon fodder if I ever saw one! A hint: I'm thinking of using that cross-filled pin of hers, duping it, and creating some "pasties" for the people. I'd love to do an enlarging rollover whereby you discover what they really are, upon closer examination (the pieces of paper and the medals, that is). For starters. The pasties will look mighty different once I get through with them. A hint: Tassles are involved. And, more!

(The Politburo intervened last night and made me post it anyway)
Nanski Peloski Bitch Slap!
Since my vodka rations were depleted I had to rely on chablis blanc. Yes, it's come to that.
The Nanski photo didn't load, howsomever, so I am going to see if can I do some repairs.

Hi, Red!
I, Pamalinsky, have finally come up with an idea. I would like to include this juicy image of Nanki in ways I can make fun of in so, so many ways! I think I need your approval for this, so I'm asking for it, as well as the procedure involved.

By the way, I cannot get through this type of email. Why is that? I can never get answers to this question. It can't be this tough. It just can't!

Happy to be here though! Love it, Love it, Love it!

Please Sir, Red Square, save us all from this embarrassment!

============================================
Citizen Pivet Pamalinsky,

Have you been dipping into Meow's vodka ration? If you have idea, merely execute the idea: make picture, write article and post it on The Peoples Blog by going here: http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewforum.php?f=4 and clicking the New Topic button at the top of the forum. Either that or we send you back to thoughtcriminal orientation and give your beet rations back to Yelling Yellena.

- Supreme Commander of Thread Jacking & Stuffed Mice Toys(tm)

Pamalinsky wrote:Hi, Red!
I, Pamalinsky, have finally come up with an idea. I would like to include this juicy image of Nanki in ways I can make fun of in so, so many ways! I think I need your approval for this, so I'm asking for it, as well as the procedure involved.

By the way, I cannot get through this type of email. Why is that? I can never get answers to this question. It can't be this tough. It just can't!

Happy to be here though! Love it, Love it, Love it!

Please Sir, Red Square, save us all from this embarrassment!

Okay, not vodka, but chablis blanc, I, Pamalinsky, do not want to screw up the look and flow of the Cube. I'm just trying to do the right thing here, without annoying my dear friend, Commissar Theocritus, or Red Square himself, or anyone else, for that matter. Thank you for intervening here. I just didn't know what to do, and did not want to sully the reputation of The Cube by my incompetence. But, I think I have a good one here! I think. Thank you. I will take your advice.

Do not worry, Pamalinsky. We are all new comrades at one time. Stick to your aggressive sucking-up, tendering of bribes, and putting your foot in the faces of people you can walk over will ensure your rise in the Kollective.

And as far as getting through to other members, go to the top of the page and click the link "Member List." That will take you to the rostrum of all our comrades, ready to march on the US in their jackbooted feet. Please note that there are many ways to access this by the drop-down menu.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Do not worry, Pamalinsky. We are all new comrades at one time. Stick to your aggressive sucking-up, tendering of bribes, and putting your foot in the faces of people you can walk over will ensure your rise in the Kollective.

And as far as getting through to other members, go to the top of the page and click the link "Member List." That will take you to the rostrum of all our comrades, ready to march on the US in their jackbooted feet. Please note that there are many ways to access this by the drop-down menu.

I do so love you, Commissar Theocritus! You may or may not have noticed that I, Pamalinsky, have ventured out into the netherworld of The Cube! It's HUGE! All this, after annoying you for a couple of months, I figured it was time for me to move on! It was you that gave me the courage, and let me know that I could screw up until I found my way, I'm still lookin', but am findin' it.. And, after accepting my Jifi-Lobo, after much resistance. I got some responses as well, from the likes of Leninka and, are you ready, the Ninja Prog, Novarich!

Yeah, they all love me now! (Well, at least they are responding to my posts.)

Thank you for taking me on this journey, my most beloved Redsquare and Comrade Theocritus!

I LOVE this place! So sweet!

Ah. I recall when I was a Cube newbie. Such heady days. Where people didn't think that I was mad if I pointed out what were to me obvious truths.

And the fun I've had with Bruno, who is patterned after someone I knew years ago. Equally stupid. But the nice thing is to play a prog straight man for an idiot who can shout, "The President <i>has</i> no clothes!"

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Ah. I recall when I was a Cube newbie. Such heady days. Where people didn't think that I was mad if I pointed out what were to me obvious truths.

And the fun I've had with Bruno, who is patterned after someone I knew years ago. Equally stupid. But the nice thing is to play a prog straight man for an idiot who can shout, "The President <i>has</i> no clothes!"

You know, Commissar, I must tell you that from the start, your "Bruno" has reminded me so much of the "houseboy" in La Cage à Folles. N'est pas? Quite a unique concept based upon, shall we say, actual humans! They're all so stupid, aren't they? Heh, heh, heh!

I know whom you mean: Jacob. The original movie was very funny, and daring, for 1980 when we saw it in Albuquerque.

Bruno is patterned after Stacy, someone whom I actually knew. Looked like a huge Rutger Hauer, with the IQ of a deliquescing pumpkin. A couple of years before I'd been doing proofs in formal languages, and I had to do bits of the multiplication table for him. Nearly put me in the hospital talking him through hair-burner school. (And no, I was never stupid enough to let him get into the house without me there.)

It's always great to find some perfect archetype: Bruno is a monster of vanity.

As Nanski is a monster of vanity. And I'll bet you that even our most staunchly hetero commissars here would rather take a tumble with Bruno than with Nanski.

I'm not sure one could mate with Nanski, even if one wished... rumor has it her vagina fell off in the '80s.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Perhaps it slowly conquered her entire body?
Ouch! A truly superlative one, Theo! Perfect! My "sentiments" exactly! Killer rim-shot!)

I've been strolling around the Cube these days, going through my obligatory orientation following my "Jifi-Lobo", looking at some of your former posts, finding others, as well. Trying to see what I'm "up against", if you know what I mean. I'm finding that I am not up against anything! I can screw up as much as I want and everything will be okay!

You will not believe the trepidation I used to have opening up an email from Reply Notification, The People's Cube. I, Pamalinsky, give up! It's impossible to match your wit! (Not that I ever thought I could) Howsomever, I hope you will continue to play with me. I'm not truly focused yet. I think this may be an ongoing process.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:I know whom you mean: Jacob. The original movie was very funny, and daring, for 1980 when we saw it in Albuquerque.

Bruno is patterned after Stacy, someone whom I actually knew. Looked like a huge Rutger Hauer, with the IQ of a deliquescing pumpkin. A couple of years before I'd been doing proofs in formal languages, and I had to do bits of the multiplication table for him. Nearly put me in the hospital talking him through hair-burner school. (And no, I was never stupid enough to let him get into the house without me there.)

It's always great to find some perfect archetype: Bruno is a monster of vanity.

As Nanski is a monster of vanity. And I'll bet you that even our most staunchly hetero commissars here would rather take a tumble with Bruno than with Nanski.

As much as I hate to say it, dear Theo, I have it on good advice that men will f--k a bowl of soup if it is still warm. I'm afraid that might include Nanski (impersonating a bowl).

(By the way, I think Rutger Hauer is hot!)

Are you telling me, Theo, that you like 'em big, but dumb?" I find that hard to believe!

What other reason could this cretin be in your house?

The best example I ever heard of the male sex drive came from Bill Engvall, who said that if a woman tried to beg off it wouldn't matter. I haven't shaved. Don't care.

"I have ticks."

"I have a cigarette lighter." And yes, men will do that. I know.

Ur-Bruno never did get into my house unaccompanied. I was never that dumb. And the dumb was really really hard to take. But I've had smart and stupid, screaming and stupid, and big and dumb and a few other things. Is it any wonder that I've been single for lo these many years?

Now I have to plan my weekend. My dacha is being cleaned as I write; I am caught up at work; I have little or nothing to do here; why not just leave and see if there are proles in New Mexico that I can run over?

Commissar Theocritus wrote:The best example I ever heard of the male sex drive came from Bill Engvall, who said that if a woman tried to beg off it wouldn't matter. I haven't shaved. Don't care.

"I have ticks."

"I have a cigarette lighter." And yes, men will do that. I know.

Ur-Bruno never did get into my house unaccompanied. I was never that dumb. And the dumb was really really hard to take. But I've had smart and stupid, screaming and stupid, and big and dumb and a few other things. Is it any wonder that I've been single for lo these many years?

Now I have to plan my weekend. My dacha is being cleaned as I write; I am caught up at work; I have little or nothing to do here; why not just leave and see if there are proles in New Mexico that I can run over?

[HIGHLIGHT=#c0504d]Sorry to repost this, Sir, but I had server problems this morning and was interrupted mid-edit! [/HIGHLIGHT][HIGHLIGHT=#c0504d]
I believe the proper term is "editus interruptus".
[/HIGHLIGHT][HIGHLIGHT=#c0504d] I really hate that! Here it is for the glorious record! (No reply is necessary.) [/HIGHLIGHT]

"As much as I hate to say it, dear Theo, I have it on good authority that men will faniculate a bowl of soup if it is still warm. I'm afraid that might include Nanski. Just one of her hilarious lies impersonations.

By the way, I think Rutger is hot! They named a university after him, you know, and it wasn't because of his IQ.

Are you telling me, Theo, that you like 'em big, but dumb?" I find that hard to believe!
What other reason could this cretinous creature be in your house?"

(I lived in Albuquerque when I was a kid. My dad was stationed at Sandia Base.)

Incidently, I observed our glorious leader, Obama yesterday, desperately trying to make a point by holding his thumb and index finger about an inch apart. This went on for several minutes but no one seemed to get it. What could this mean?

We must ensure that Nanski never does get into bed with a live boy. Because after the deed is done he'll be a dead boy and that is the only thing that could force Nanski out of office. Considering her district her only penance would be dressing as one of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence in a Monica Lewinsky mask. Which I have to say would be a good deal easier on the eyes of all her staff, and even the framed pictures on the wall.

As far as liking them big and dumb, the dumb part just comes, or came, with it. There were some women who thought me marriageable, and they were quite smart. Doctors as a matter of fact. But I'm not a lonely man and don't mind my own company at all.

Last week I printed a picture of Nanski and put it on the underside of the toilet seat in one of the rear toilets of my building. So far only two drops of piss on it but then I would hope the landmen would be considerate of the floor.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:We must ensure that Nanski never does get into bed with a live boy. Because after the deed is done he'll be a dead boy and that is the only thing that could force Nanski out of office. Considering her district her only penance would be dressing as one of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence in a Monica Lewinsky mask. Which I have to say would be a good deal easier on the eyes of all her staff, and even the framed pictures on the wall.

As far as liking them big and dumb, the dumb part just comes, or came, with it. There were some women who thought me marriageable, and they were quite smart. Doctors as a matter of fact. But I'm not a lonely man and don't mind my own company at all.

Last week I printed a picture of Nanski and put it on the underside of the toilet seat in one of the rear toilets of my building. So far only two drops of piss on it but then I would hope the landmen would be considerate of the floor.

Jeesh, Theo, I'm not lonely either. I like my own company, as well. In fact, I wonder if having a relationship would not bring me silly botherance. That's a genuwine turnoff! If you are indeed from Texas, you know exactly what I mean. I, Pamalinsky, a Leo, (whatever that is worth) am innately generous and curious. (I don't need to know what my sign is to know this!) It's part of my DNA. I see this in you and some others. Some of my boyfriends include Emmy, Oscar and Grammy Award winners, as well as entrepreneurs. I have never been impressed with these "good catch" attributes, even though I admire these people for achieving these awards. I never felt they accepted me for me. How could they, they were so busy going for themselves. In retrospect, I was probably doing the very same thing. Such a confusing mess! I, Pamalinsky, once I got past puberty, have been almost glamorous!

I'd love to send you pictures of me this way. I know it won't change anything, but, you would love what you see, as I do. This is not an "ego" matter. I, Pamalinsky, am officially making a fool of herself. I don't mind.

I really am in Texas--born here, lived here all my life. Went to college here. There are prettier places but no place that I know, no large place with lots of services, that is so willing to tell other people to piss off.

Lately I've wondered if I should have run screaming from every relationship that I had, but take heart in something that I learned ten years ago. I had read a two-page article in a Brit publication which was an explication on the CofE's Book of Common Prayer. One of the tenets is I'm told, "Lord save us from dying suddenly." The idea being that with death surely coming, your mind will be clarified and you won't need to keep old fights going. With this in mind I had composed an email to an old friend, without the slightest hint of reconciliation, but merely stating that if I'd been hurtful, I was sorry. And that was it.

I was nearly pressing the Send button when the phone rang, and guess who it was, after all those years? Wanting a rapprochement and telling me tales of such astonishing insensitivity that I realized that I was not mean as charged: I'd forgotten the bad things and remembered the good things.

And then there were other lunatics which made me pose the question, "Theocritus, you're never bored so what are you bitching about?"

You're not making a fool of yourself. And I can be reached at theocritusATmac.com.

I know you really are from Texas, Theo, I don't know why I said that. And, I know all about that Texas attitude. I friggin' love it! My best friend recalls wonderful times there when visiting relatives. I was there back in the day when I was on the Met Op tour. We performed in Houston, Dallas and Austin. By way of extreme contrast, I was born in Chicago! But, thanks to my dad being in the service, I didn't hang out there very long. It actually is a pretty place, but inhabited by some of the most disgusting wonderful progs ever born! We lived in Dayton (Wright Field), Falls Church, McLean (Pentagon), Palo Alto (dad at Stanford), Albuquerque (Sandia Base), and Los Angeles. Not necessarily in that order.

Wonderful story about your friend. I admire your serendipity.

You're not making a fool of yourself. And I can be reached at theocritusATmac.com.

Duly noted, and thank you so much for saying this. Just discovered the CD/DVD slot on my MacBook is jammed for some reason! Damn! That's how I access my pics! Gotta make a trip to Apple now (the thing is only a little over a year old!) Arrgh.

And now, for your listening pleasure....do you remember this commercial?

A song by Paula Green, music by Malcolm Dodds ©1975, UNITE

Union of Needltrades, Industrial and Textile Employees

(formerly International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union and other unions)

Look for the union label

when you are buying that coat, dress or blouse.
Remember somewhere our union's sewing,

our wages going to feed the kids, and run the house.
We work hard, but who's complaining?

Thanks to the I.L.G. we're paying our way!
So always look for the union label,

it says we're able to make it in the U.S.A.!

With all this talk about faniculation and all, I am reminded of the time I used this "feel good" song as foreplay! I was such a shameless tease.
There I was, dressed in nothing but my jackboots! Singing at the top of my lungs! I got screwed every time!

Pamalinski! Does that mean that you were made by endless cadres of union members? How progressive of you! Our brothers in arms must be kept comfortable and as we know, socialists screw because everything else has been taken away. Including the soap.

You might find <i>The Raspberry Reich</i> amusing. It's a film by Bruce la Bruce. It has hard-core sex scenes, gay and straight, but it's based on the idea that sexuality is so bourgeois and the leader is some hard-core German named Gudrun, and it's brilliant satire. I've watched it twice. But bear in mind, there is hard-core sex in it. Which is then sent up.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Pamalinski! Does that mean that you were made by endless cadres of union members? How progressive of you! Our brothers in arms must be kept comfortable and as we know, socialists screw because everything else has been taken away. Including the soap.

Hell No!!! Well, actually, Sir, I think the operative word here is "had," not "made." They just keep reiterating that if I'm not faniculating farm animals, then I must be sexually repressed! This is way above/below my pay grade. I'm not sure which, but I just can't go there. Which brings me quickly to the issue of soap.

Today, while picking up my rations, I noticed a most interesting offer. The Politbureau is offering us a sensational deal:
It's NUVO French Vodka! Sparkling, no less! A mixture of raspberry and peach juices! Very low alcohol level, 12% vs the standard 40%. Frankly, Theo, I think the packaging looks like a cross between a perfume bottle and a dishwashing liquid, or perhaps, a body wash. Could be used as soap. Looks good in your kitchen as well as your bathroom! That's what counts!

As an aside, I thought it quite considerate condescending of the French to call it NUVO, when marketing to all of us bourgeois Americans, when we all know it's spelled Nouveau!

You might find <i>The Raspberry Reich</i> amusing. It's a film by Bruce la Bruce. It has hard-core sex scenes, gay and straight, but it's based on the idea that sexuality is so bourgeois and the leader is some hard-core German named Gudrun, and it's brilliant satire. I've watched it twice. But bear in mind, there is hard-core sex in it. Which is then sent up.

I will look into this, Commissar. I, Pamalinsky am not squeamish about these things. But, what a serendipitous recommendation!

Just minutes before I clicked upon your response, I had finished watching a movie called Shake, Rattle and Rock! (1994) A "B" movie if there ever was one! Starring Renee Zellweger, Howie Mandel, and others. It's a 50's stylistic take on "Rock and Roll". In similar form as Cry Baby.

I just friggin' loved it. To me, it was a metaphor for what we are dealing with, in reality, today!
Pick your metaphor, it's there! Nice pace. One of the things I loved about it was the fact that I didn't know what would happen next. Renee's character, Susan, is the representative of us all. It's good, and it's fun! Silly, and real, all at the same time!

I, Pamalinsky will, at this point, take all the fun I can get! But, I will not compromise my principles!

(I'll watch yours, if you'll watch mine.)

Ah. NUVO. I'm told that young Frenchmen say "new" instead of "nouveau" or "nouvelle." And the Italians are doing it too. I'm thinking that the Dutch might start, if some of the credits I've seen which mention streets and towns are any sign. "New" seems to be a half a page.

By all means watch "The Ritz." It's a 70s movies, with F. Murray Abraham (Salieri), Jack Weston, Treat Williams, and Rita Moreno, having more fun than a single person should be allowed to have as Googie Gomez, the Puerto Rican spitfire entertainer in a New York bath house. The scene with her performing around the pool with a dismal band to the boredom of some really dismal queens is priceless. She gets her wig in the lighting, kicks off a shoe, looses her balance, and I was thinking, while I was laughing through tears, "It could only get worse if the band played 'Lady of Spain.'""

Which it then did.

Too funny! You speak of F. Murray Abraham....(Salieri?) in The Ritz. I loved him, and the whole bunch in Amadeus. Surely F. Murray can't be playing Salieri in this movie as well? I'll check it out. It doesn't really matter, I suppose. I don't think that's what you meant. But, who knows?

BTW, I was able to see two trailers of The Raspberry Reich. I see the tone of the satire but think I need to see the whole thing in context. I'm more into doing than watching. It's a girl thing. In other words, I need to watch more. I know this doesn't make sense, but then, that's what being a prog is all about, right?

This sort of thing must be seen in its entirety is what I'm saying.

No, Abraham plays Chris, not Salieri. In fact I didn't recognize him although his ugly puss is for all to see.

There's nothing really indelicate in <i>The Ritz</i>, even though it takes place in a gay bathhouse in New York. It was the 70s after all. It's just sidesplittingly funny.

And <i>The Raspberry Reich</i> is most definitely indelicate. But to listen to Gudrun talk about "heterosexuality is the oppression of the masses" is very funny. It's a pitch-perfect takeoff on those German sixties left-wing terrorist groups.

I intend to find and watch The Ritz. Hell, I lived in NYC when Bette Midler was the favorite entertainer of the bath house boys at the Ansonia Hotel.

While I'm at it, do you remember the "Sprockets" on SNL? I think this might be related to "Raspberry" in some obscure way. Silly, stupid, robotic, self-important people. Cracked me up! (At that time I was hangin' with the SNL musicians in New York, Tom Malone, Dave Sanborn, et. al., all members of the Gil Evans Band. Gil, a sweet human being, actually fixed me a cup of coffee in his Tribeca loft. I knew I was so honored by this. We were all young, and friends, and excited about our collective futures. These SNL musicians were working their way out of the "snake pit". They did it, too!

I remember the time all of us were given comps to a Carnegie Hall Gil Evans Band concert. We all applauded our friends in this band. Sublime!

Did I ever tell about the time I met Truman Capote? It was in the 70's as well.

After a late nighter at a graphics job I had, a co-worker and I decided to go to Peartree's, a known hangout of Truman's, near UN Plaza, where he lived.

When we first walked in, there he was! I wasn't gonna let this opportunity to meet him pass!

So, after a glass of wine, I, Pamalinsky, did an end-run around the bar, approached him from behind, and asked, "excuse me, but, ahem, aren't you John Wayne?"

He replied, "Not in this lifetime" and laughingly welcomed me to sit beside him. He bought me a drink and proceeded to extrapolate upon his private life. I will never reveal what he told me, although what he was revealing was quite well known. A back-stabber and betrayer of his "friends". He was, howsomever, quite kind to me. We hugged when we departed.

His outrageousness always made me laugh. Even though I knew he was mean. I never lost sight of that. I did appreciate his biting humor howsomever.

Haven't seen SNL since 1979 when I saw an act which I thought was a brilliant parody of a folk musician and the audience went wild. It was for real. Can't remember the man's name. Unfair of me to take it out on a show for over 30 years but...

Dave Sanborn the saxophonist? I had some LPs of his years ago. The sax, unless played with great skill, is an offensive weapon, making geese sound like angelic choirs. But he could play it well.

What's the loveliest sound on earth? The sound a saxophone makes as it hits bag pipes and an accordion in a dumpster. With a banjo.

Jeesh, Commissar, the sax is a formidable weapon in the world of music, as is the trumpet and piano, and the human voice! The one you should be worried about is the dreaded, clarinet! The only way I have ever heard it sound good is "Rhapsody in Blue!"

It is quite similar to the kazoo!

Maybe we're just overlapping here. I have just revealed to you some of my most beloved memories. And you, Commissar, make fun of me. Do not mistake me for a fag hag. You will be most disappointed. I do love you for you, though, as much as you let me see.

I, Pamalinsky, am in the process of embracing my life! Knowing, as we all do, that it will be gone in short order! Please respect me! As I respect you!

Dear Pamalinsky, I do beg your indulgence. But I did not make fun of you but only of saxophones while praising one of your friends. Ravel could tame a sax. My distaste of the instrument was I confess engendered by watching it being played by Slick Willie.

Now for the clarinet. Mozart himself was not fond of it but no one was its better friend. The clarinet quintet, or concerto. Oddly enough some of the better renditions of the quintet have been done by swing-era jazz clarinetists. I recall in sixth-grade band the squeals we heard as they clarinetists learned to go over the break. And I know just what note you mean in "Rhapsody in Blue." The first one. Years ago I stumbled through that piece (badly) on the piano and in some ways that was the biggest bitch.

Of course if Gershwin were living now and wanted a squeal to start it out, he could apply a cattle prod to Nanski Peloski.

<quote>Dear Pamalinsky, I do beg your indulgence. But I did not make fun ofyou but only of saxophones while praising one of your friends. Ravelcould tame a sax. My distaste of the instrument was I confessengendered by watching it being played by Slick Willie.<quote>

Hell, I can't blame you for that, Commissar! What an insufferable puck he is, and Monika, a most naive prog! She, alone made Bill look slick! How amazing is that!

<quote> Now for the clarinet. Mozart himself was not fond of it but no onewas its better friend. The clarinet quintet, or concerto. Oddly enoughsome of the better renditions of the quintet have been done byswing-era jazz clarinetists.<quote>

I didn't know that about Mozart.

<quote> Of course, if Gershwin were living now and wanted a squeal to start it out, he could apply a cattle prod to Nanski Peloski.<quote>

I'd actually fork over some coin to see that!

I think I engaged in a little misdirected defensiveness here, Theo. You were not making fun of me. Please forgive me if I seemed to sell you short. I didn't. You remain a breath of fresh air to me.

I'm suffering from a bit of shell shock from the relentless droppings coming out of DC today. It happens. So sorry.

Not to worry, Pamalinsky, not to worry. I myself alternate between believing a half dozen impossible things before breakfast and refusing to watch the news. Because either way it can't be good.

That's why I'm a progressive. I don't have to take the outside into account. I do what I do; give myself unlimited license.

Because I'm <i>virtuous</i> and have <i>good feelings</i>. That's all that matters.

Because I'm <i>virtuous</i> and have <i>good feelings</i>. That's all that matters.[/quote]
Yes, dear Commisar, you most assuredly do have these qualities. Off and on.

I have just posted a new one. I am very proud of it. Can't wait for you to see it! I hope it gives the needed laugh for us all! That was it's intent.

The Cube is a big and wondrous place--you'll always get more traffic if you post a link to it.

Red Jim wrote:I fear that history is calling collect.

If I may be so bold to say, if I were kapilalistically inclined (spit, spit), I'd place that phrase on a bumper sticker and t-shirt and sell (buring repugness) them to the evil repulikkkans!