The Ant, the Grasshopper, and the Government

If the Common Good™ can benefit from historical revisionism, why not go a step further and revise fables and fairy tales? Hey, it's for the Children! You can't start 'em on the road to serfdom too young!

The Ant, the Grasshopper, and the Government

... and so the grasshopper faced a winter of discontent and deprivation. So he appealed to the government for relief. The government applied its theory of social justice to the situation and demanded half the ant's store of food to redistribute to the poor grasshopper. When the ant protested that he had done all the work he was condemned as greedy, uncompassionate, and a grasshoppaphobe. Thus bullied into submission the ant relinquished half his accumulated food.

Now, you might think the story is over and the unfortunate grasshopper was saved and all lived happily ever after. Not so because the government had borrowed the ant's food savings and repaid it with morsels only half as big under its food inflation plan. So both the grasshopper and the ant starved to death, but the government lived happily ever after.

Or so it thought it would. Having killed the ant there was no-one left to gather food for the following winter. And no matter how many times they cut the food morsels in half to double food the supply they eventually ran out anyway. But at least they were all multi-trillionaires when they died.

The moral of the story: Social justice creates lasting equality. In the end all are equally and eternally dead.

This goes straight into the Hammer & Popsicle section.

Well done comrade Beria. We've co-opted the story of Robin Hood, why not others?

(William Tell will have to be flushed down the memory hole however)

Most excellent project, Commrade. All stories for young should reflect need for social justice and equality of outcome reguardless of effort. I would think our glorious Teachers Unions who are founded on this concept would already be on board.

This could never happen today. The grasshoppers and the ants and the government will not die. That kind of thing could happen before because the government wasn't using the proper information and the methodology wasn't properly scientific. Also, the people in charge were corrupt. Now that my friends and I are in charge the ants and the grasshoppers are properly regulated so that everyone receives their fair share. Nothing can go wrong.

Comrade... that was such good bedtime story I was to fall asleep before I was even for finishing of the reading of it!

Finally, an easy way to be for teaching so many the of underwives the value of social justice and why they to be doing so much of the work and I to be doing the reaping of such benefits.

Ahhhhhhh, progressive literature sure soothes the mind & soul of the downtrodden masses.

grasshopper_funny_insects_playbug_beer_cigarettes_stop_smoking_humor_cool_haha_lol_rofl_smiles.jpg

weneedfood.jpg

If this is not the practical implementation of this tale in real life, I don't know what is!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... 79014.html

The Justice Department has found a new way to pursue civil rights lawsuits, using the powers of the Civil Rights Division not just to win compensation for victims of alleged discrimination but also to direct large sums of money to activist groups that are not discrimination victims and not connected to a particular suit.