The Mime: A Love Story (a Xmas present to old Cubists)

This is my Christmas present to those Cube members who remember the famed attack of The Mime on this website. Perhaps someone in the comments below will tell the full saga of the Mime and his more recent healthcare exploits. This video provides a lot of new information and sheds an unexpectedly sentimental light on the story of The Mime as we know it. Just in time for Christmas! Where is Charles Dickens when we need him?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z5alKU0H_Rs&h ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Image The truth is, I recently rented an R-rated National Lampoon's Robodoc (don't ask) and certain scenes in it were simply asking to be Mime-swiped and put together in a separate three-minute compilation. Enjoy!

Ah. The Mime was before my time on the Cube, as was Captain Crunch. I have heard tales though. I seem to have fixated on Jodin Morey, the Mime's good friend. There's someone I'd like to caress--with a Louisville Slugger.

We also had Blue Bell, who oddly enough turned out to be merely contrarian.

The only troll that I've had good fun with was Gollum--and he didn't have staying power. Oh where, oh where, have the great trolls gone?/Oh where, oh where can they be?

They'll come along again, you'll see. There's always a new crop growing every year. I bet the Mime still checks in once in a while to see what's going on, because even the Mimes and Gollums, no matter how disturbed, are always fascinated by the bells and whistles of the Cube.

As for being way before my time, take comfort, Comrade Theocritus, you came way before my time, and I haven't looked lately, but I expect you are numero uno in the number of posts, or "Red Twitter" as you have called yourself.

I wish that the quality were all good--for years Betty was number one but he went to college; and I managed to surpass even Pupovich, who is absent. Hope that he's feeling good. I put in most of my time at work, going bit by bit, and also at home the computer stays in my lap, much to the consternation of Calvin and Hobbes, who would rather be there themselves.

All I want for Christmas is my very own troll!
My very own troll! See my very own troll!

All I want for Christmas is my very own troll,
So I would beat the bastard over the head and shoulders, pull off his head and shit in the hole.

You stole my song! However, the lyrics are quite astonishing, so I'll forgive you.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:All I want for Christmas is my very own troll!
My very own troll! See my very own troll!

All I want for Christmas is my very own troll,
So I would beat the bastard over the head and shoulders, pull off his head and shit in the hole.

Surely the Party can arrange one of those '60s trolls with the sparkly eyes and the eruption of hair from the pate. Ah, but that describes most people from the '60s who don't recall the '60s and thus really knew the '60s: tune in, turn on, drop onto the dole.

Maybe a Thatcher-era British hippie will suffice (there's always the "Food kitty" segment as well):

Shame on you Red Square, starting a new thread with a mimeswept video. You're just begging Pinkie to come out and give you a whack with her shovel.

I know how you feel, I too miss the sweet, sweet sting of her shovel from time to time.

Comrade Whoopie -

please make a note that the video is placed in the YouTube account named MimeSwiper. I created it last night especially for non-Cube videos that I sometimes would like to upload. The regular RedSquareEye account will now be strictly for videos that we produce in our Cubical Studios ourselves.

Let me suggest that Cubical Studios be renamed Cubical Studies, as in Critical Studies. After all, what is the Cube if not an engine of analysis of the fools complete and blind acceptance of progressive mores and beliefs, swallowed whole like Linda Lovelace and Harry Reems ?

All good progs know that the truth is the opposite of what is said.

Very clever Red Square, I've been hoisted on my own petard. By way of apology I offer this mime swept image of a mime being swept up in a police sweep.

DO NOT ARREST A MIME before I get to play with it. This will result in your defenestration from the highest tower. Trolls are a precious resource. We don't get enough trolls. Trolls are dear to me, very dear. Don't ever throw a troll away before I say we can throw the troll away.

A stupid National Lampoon movie has more redeeming social value than anything Rudolph has ever done.

How can France give us both Mime as an art-form and Maurice Chevalier as an entertainer? It is a country of profound contradiction best viewed from the safe distance of an American movie theater.

Take a wander over to Iowahawk's blog and read his clever and funny rant on the Mime Science being settled and the need for serious antics. That guy is nothing if not Johnny on the spot.

Margaret, never forget that France gave the Legion d'Honneur (I don't care if I spelled it right) to Jerry Lewis.