The People's Cube Meets Second Life in Argentina

Is the Cube getting Globalized or is the Globe getting Cubelized?

Our Argentinian comrades just informed us about a monumental tribute to the Cube they are building in Second Life.

Second Life is a 3D online digital Utopian world imagined and created by its residents - the toiling masses of workers, peasants, and the unwashed intelligentsia. Anybody can choose a dream role there, be it a shovel-wielding proletarian toiling for the Greater Good and standing in lines to exchange his/her/its ration coupon for a bottle off well-deserved vodka - or a hero Space Dog selflessly orbiting the Earth and transmitting signals to tinfoil hat receivers - or a caring Party apparatchik who organizes the unwashed masses and distributes rationing coupons.

In other words, Second Life is similar to the People's Cube - only the People's Cube is, of course, the First Life - the Mother Life if you will - the ideal Platonic world in which objects exist in their pure, perfect form, while their earthly counterparts are merely the imperfect shadows thereof.

No decent Utopia, of course, can function without the caring supervision of the Party - the most progressive, knowledgeable, and properly indoctrinated segment of any population that might otherwise stray away from the progressive path and slip into thoughtcrimes. Therefore, our representative in Argentina named Mike (a perfect Argentinian name) has prepared a blueprint for the introduction of the People's Cube in Second Life, to ensure the inevitable transition of a mere non-ideological utopia into the Glorious Progressive Utopia of Next Tuesday.

Here's to a 3D online digital version of Potyomkingrad!

Comrade Mike posing for the New Man atop of the People's Cube statue surrounded by the ecstatic Democrat-voting masses (the re-educated version)

Cool! Although second life seems a bit of a waste of time to me, it's good that the cube is spreading like a disease. A very fun and politically correct disease!

Hail to the Cube!

Hmmmm, I was once in the Second Life scene, but my computer then seemed to weak to handle it properly, and I never did get the hang of dressing my avitar. But if the Cube is there... well I might have to go and pay homage again.

Just a thought...er... a scrambled transmission. TPC is a database of sorts correct? So in a sense, we could call ourselves The People's Al Queda, for that is where Al Queda gets it's name, the base, the database.