The Ultimate Irony

Some time ago I began to receive newsletters with some clever content from Quora.com, which is sort of a forum for the intellectually curious. It became one of the few mass mailings that I rarely discard without first reading it.

Today's subject - The Ultimate Irony. Many posts on this thread truly belong on the People's Cube, hence this topic. Here are some select ones:

• Adam Smith is buried in a public cemetery in Edinburgh, Canongate Kirkyard.
  • Karl Marx has a place of prominence in Highgate Cemetery in London.
  • Smith's site is a bit unkempt and Marx's is pristine, bold and attracts tourists from all over.
  • Smith's grave site is public---Marx's you have to pay to see.
Irony_Marx_Grave.jpg

Irony_Assange.jpg

Irony_Che_Billboard.jpg

Irony_Masks.jpg

The best way to show that you are anti-establishment is to wear a mask made in an Asian factory and distributed by Warner Bros.

This one was a long post, but I shortened it to one graphic and slapped the Cube stamp on it.

[img]/images/Irony_Saving_Planet.jpg[/img]

Irony_Orwell.jpg

[img]/images/Irony_Mao_Worship.jpg[/img]

Irony_US_Flag.jpg

[img]/images/Irony_Muslims.jpg[/img]

Iroy_Marathon_Earth.jpg

A tree planted as a memorial to former Beatle George Harrison is killed by beetles

And this is just a cute doggie chewing off the cap on the anti-chewing spray bottle.

Irony_Doggie.jpg

Why do we need fiction when truth is so entertaining eh?

The official Facebook page of the Donetsk Peoples Republic refers to the New Ukraine Government as "fascist."
The Donetsk peoples republic claims all financial assets as state property, and rewards its citizens based on the usefulness of their work to the state.

The surveillance camera outside of Orwell's former residence is more than just irony. Given the astounding number of such cameras in the UK, it proves Orwell was correct!

"Save the Earth" Marathon brings back such fond memories...
01.jpg

Speaking of IRONY, I think this will become pandemic over the next few years-

"In 2010, a 3-month-old baby named Sarang died of malnutrition while her parents were out of the house. The two were at a local Internet cafe, binge-playing a game called Prius Online, in which they were tasked with raising a virtual child."

New Documentary ‘Love Child' Examines the Game-Addicted Korean Couple Who Starved Their Child to Death

Leave the dangers of Central America for the safety of Chicago...

https://m.cnsnews.com/news/article/susa ... nt-chicago

Image "Bienvenidos muthaf..."

<off>

This makes my head hurt.

image.jpg
Let us not forget Nancy and her claim about the most transparent governance ever!!Obama is shaking things up by granting two questions!!

The planet that is needing to be saved is planet Hollywood, not to be confused with the restaurant chain, though the differences may be, somewhat, indistinguishable. The Current Truth™ is far more important than the reality, Komrades. Let us not forget that.