This Christmas, Give Your Child a Semi-Automatic Barrett

This Christmas, Give Your Child a perfect present... A recoil-operated, semi-automatic, anti-materiel rifle Barrett M82A1. Because some Christmases, a Red Ryder just isn't enough. Rudolph may get a carrot, but he won't expect a Barrett! Shoot an eye out at a mile and a half away!

When a Red Ryder just isn't enough, choose Barrett.

Weight................29.7 lbs (13.5 kg)
Length................48 inches (122 cm)
Barrel..................20 inches (50.8 cm)
Cartridge............ .50 BMG (12.7x99mm
Action...................Recoil-operated, rotating bolt
Muzzle velocity.....853 m/s (2,799 ft/s)
Effective range.....1,800 m (5,906 ft)
Feed system........10-round detachable box magazine

Don't look at me, it was all General Secretary's idea!

Comrades,

The ad shown above is very deceptive. Human oriented tasks require only one shot per customer, take out a party of 10 per magazine. As many as five may be taken out per shot if they are aligined correctly.

Multiple rounds are used only for stopping cars, trucks of any size, and tanks. If you want to stop a vehicle, use high explosive anti tank [heat] rounds.

Even Superman would only require one round! Nothing hits harder!

I'd get one if they made 30 rd. mags for it.

(Damn that large capacity magazine ban)

Every child should have a Barrett light 50, it will shoot right through school walls. No need to go into school to get even with Kapitalits bullies.

Comrade Whoopie,
You would be adding over 12 pounds of weight and throwing off the balance of the weapon.

Here is a real mind bender of an idea: get three magazines!

Comrade Tooorisky,

12 pounds is nothing for a great toy! That's why they make little sisters! They make great ammo carriers and smell nice too.

Comrade Red Square, have I been a good enough Comrade that Santa Mao will bring me one of those Barretts? Kim, the Dragonuv is great, except it lacks the sheer destructive power of the .50 BMG. Whoopie, if you need more than TEN DAMNED ROUNDS of .50, might I suggest simply buying a semi auto M2 belt fed?

Don't forget this Austrian Christmastime offering :

steyr HS 50 cal.jpg

It's a Steyr HS .50 cal - bolt action.
Just like mother used to make.

Ho-Ho-Ho !

Krasnodar, they also make a single shot bolt action upper that mates to an AR-15 lower and costs much less. But the idea of a bolt action in that caliber gives me pause. You would suffer all the recoil since there is no mechanism to absorb some of it as in the semi-auto.

Colonel, good idea on the Ma Deuce. The only reason for wanting a 30 rd. mag is that I'm too lazy to load the magazine but once a year and I figger that 30 shots spread out over a year is all the battering my shoulder can take. The Ma Deuce has no shoulder stock either.

Many military snipers prefer a simple bolt action ... "One shot- One Kill ".
Also, a feed mechanism always compromises field reliabilty to some, even if small, degree. And rapid multi-round firings of such a high power .50 cal.weapon can't be good for barrel wear.
I'd like to see the Steyr's ability to counter muzzle-flash, as well.

These "personal cannons" are the next best thing to targeted deliveries of HE ordinance ! Now that's fun to watch !

Abrahms firing.jpg

Comrades, even the cheapest .50 cal upper for a *spit* AR-15 lower features hi tech muzzle brakes that reduce to recoil to something like that of a 12 gauge.

Comrade Unkulturny would gladly trade his old 122mm howitzer for one of these Imperialist Tools Of Aggression Against Peoples Army Volunteers Struggling For Peace And Justice.

Comrades,

While a bolt action may be able to pick a flea off a Camel's hind end at 2400 yards, it is an archaic technology. There is only a small trade off in accuracy, operating the bolt makes the weapon inoperative for that period of time and is therefore useless to anybody.

Single shot rifles will go the way of the flintlocks!The 50 caliber adaption for the POS m-16 is called "Beowolf".

There should be no accuracy trade off at all. Most semi-autos are combat weapons, most bolt actions are target and hunting arms. Semi-autos could be engineered with tighter tolerances, given floating barrels and adjustable triggers and be as accurate as a bolt action. H+K makes any number of such rifles on their HK91A2 platform, so do the Russians with their Dragunov (I think Comrade Just a Car would agree). In the end it's the caliber of the shooter, not the rifle that makes the most difference.

Guys....I was discussing the longevity of weapon parts, specifically the barrel and feed mechanisms.

You protesteth too much !

And personally, I'd have a hard time maintaining target accuracy with the weapon dancing around ( even with dampened recoil) on semi-auto.
One more consideration is psychological. If your using the weapon for pin-point accuracy at distance, concentration on the one shot and having to make it count becomes a big part of the equation.
Ultimately though, qualified field personnel would make the final recommendations of what is needed and what is practical for combat operations.

So there !

Comrades,

There are many viewpoints on weapons. With a .50 caliber round center mass is one shot, one kill.

Newer technology is a 20MM shell. What the range limitations are I don't know but it will be a lot higher than it is now.That is a single shot for now.

I have picked myself off of the floor twice from fainting spells. How can you report the selling of weaponry to wee tots? Guns are for gunning not for playing. Is this not something we see our freedom fighter friends in Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan doing with their childrens? It has not brought victory but simply, more explosions of bodily parts. I protest. Not to mention what it has done to those poor native dogs.

I am also offended by the term C H R I S T M A S (spit) and will have to consult my immediate, personal attorney to see how offended and irrepealable damaged I am.

Fraulein. what's a " faining " spell ?

Better proof-read your posts....Commissarka Pinkie has somehow become the Cube's "word-police" !
I, Krasnodar said "yield" instead of "wield", and she let me have a full broadside........

WHACK !

Comrade Krasnodar,

That sounds like a homophone for "feigning", it may be an undocumented usage of a newly minted euphamism, or not!

Most loyal and persnickety Comrade, I am thinking your vision is needing some adjustment. Possibly the whacking you took? Poor dear thing. But you know what they say, "there is always a bigger shovel to be found".

And I am thinking you can yield or wield or do both. Spellings and interpretations, should be in the mind of the glorious Prog, should they not? Comrade Tooorisky, get over the wordage. It's f a i n t i n g ([highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]to[/highlight] [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]lose[/highlight] [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]consciousness[/highlight] [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]temporarily; [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]to[/highlight] [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]lose[/highlight] [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]consciousness[/highlight] [highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]temporarily!!)[/highlight][/highlight] You are about to cause and institution more freakn faintage, which I will not be held responsible for.

Krasnodar, the Frau (like the late Mrs. Al) has special dispensation from the Party as a result of her foreign nature. What she writes looks like English but nobody understands what she's saying. Read into it what you will.

Perhaps George Bernard Shaw said it best:
The trouble with her is that she lacks the power of conversation but not the power of speech.

I think--and this is entirely opinion comrades, not like I own multiple heavy-calibre weapons and have a gun range in my back yard or anything, just supposition--that the advantage of a semi-automatic sniper rifle over the bolt action in the same calibre, is the ability to return the weapon to battery quickly and reacquire the target or a new target. A bolt action requires moving the trigger hand from firing position to operate the bolt, whereas the semi-auto allows the shooter to keep his hand in position.

Don't put your child unit in the position of being called a sissy. Go with one of these:

Or one of these:

Or one of these:

Or two of these:

Well, comrades, here's my personal favorite.... the GAU-8 Avenger Cannon

GAU-8 2.jpg

GAU-8-Avenger2.jpg

GAU-8 3.jpg

You see, I'm a firm believer in gun control.
And this weapon must be securely mounted to the airframe of the A-10 to maintain that control. And yes, it has a magazine....but not the type you'd find in a doctor's office.

30mm w/ optional HE and DU cores, 4200 rounds./ min.

A tool of diplomacy.

Comrade Fraulein,

I am not trying to find fault, just adding options.

Thank you, my requirement for a shovel to the head is way down this week, and I don't go hunting for problems.

The definition for feigning also works well with this text.Comrade Krasnodar, Excellent 30mm gun control. My personal favorite is: Breathe, Relax, Aim, Slack, Pause, Squeeze, Bullseye!

And that, gentlemen, is how it's done !

Comrade Tooorisky wrote:The 50 caliber adaption for the POS m-16 is called "Beowolf".

*Whistle blowing!*

FOUL!

Comrade Tooorisky, you have committed a grievous error in judgment against the People's Armory™ and I DENOUNCE YOU under my authority as the Special Weapons Czar!

You have mistakenly pigeon-holed the upper receiver adaption for the .50 Beowolf as the only upper in .50 caliber to be created for the KKKapitalist Mattel-Made rifle.

The other comrades were clearly speaking of the bolt-action uppers created for the .50 BMG cartridge as seen here and here.

Of course, we in the People's Armory™ can only approve distribution of any such conversion part to those More Equal™ of the People such as officers of the Inner Party™ and Commissars that serve The People™ for The Greater Good™. As such, we will be monitoring any illicit purchases of the above-mentioned items and will be sending strike teams kidnap squads Reclamation Officers to reclaim these helicopter-shooting-firearms in the name of The Greater Good™ and For The Children™.

Yeah. What Lt. just_a_car said. *goes off mumbling about how Comrades in HIS day knew a Beowulf upper from a BMG upper. Bah. New fangled fancy firearms. Get off my collective's lawn!*

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Krasnodar, the Frau (like the late Mrs. Al) has special dispensation from the Party as a result of her foreign nature. What she writes looks like English but nobody understands what she's saying. Read into it what you will.

Perhaps George Bernard Shaw said it best:
The trouble with her is that she lacks the power of conversation but not the power of speech.

*#$%@ $#@! *&$#@!!!!!!

Dear Comarde Tooorisky, I see what you say . . . I mean I hear what you heard spoke. And most seriously, how could anyone 'find fault' with a kindhearted Made Prog as myself or I?
Options are always a good thing... just as dear Leader is on every side of a 5 sided argument and thus, never wrong. (shovels can be overrated and overly used. have you considered carrying a nice, concealed baseball bat, for those suddenly moments of heated discussion?)

Comrades, I believe the NRA delivered to Sarah Palin an AR-15 chambered for the .50 Beowolf to be used for hunting moose (but not squirrel). I was rather disappointed that she didn't use it to take that caribou in last week's show.

Say what you will about the M-16 upper assembly or caliber, the platform itself has shown to be highly versatile and plenty strong. I'd like to see anyone try to convert an AK-47 to .50 BMG. The sheet metal receiver would crumple like a Prius hitting an 18 wheeler head on.

The rifle most likely to supercede the M4 in the US arsenal is the HK version which merely replaces the problematic gas tube with a short stroke gas tappet. The platform itself is becoming the Mauser 98 of the 21st century. The number of calibers and configurations available is mind boggling.

And now I must denounce myself for watching Palin's Alaska.

So build an overgrown AK 47 on a machined steel receiver. On top of that, consider that when the .50 BMG upper is used on the AR lower, that sooner or later the stresses from using that batter the aluminium action. Even the AR moonbats.... er diehards at the local gunshop said to buy a dedicated .50 rifle instead of a upper and an AR lower. Now that a short stroke gas piston is showing up in the AR platform, the next step is to simplify the trigger mech, and reduce the overall number of parts in the gun to somewhere around the AK level. Loosen up the tolerances some, so that it isn't so sensitive to dirt and crap, and I might even buy one.

Lt. just_a_car wrote:
Comrade Tooorisky wrote:The 50 caliber adaption for the POS m-16 is called "Beowolf".

*Whistle blowing!*

FOUL!

Comrade Tooorisky, you have committed a grievous error in judgment against the People's Armory™ and I DENOUNCE YOU under my authority as the Special Weapons Czar!

You have mistakenly pigeon-holed the upper receiver adaption for the .50 Beowolf as the only upper in .50 caliber to be created for the KKKapitalist Mattel-Made rifle.

The other comrades were clearly speaking of the bolt-action uppers created for the .50 BMG cartridge as seen here and here.

Of course, we in the People's Armory™ can only approve distribution of any such conversion part to those More Equal™ of the People such as officers of the Inner Party™ and Commissars that serve The People™ for The Greater Good™. As such, we will be monitoring any illicit purchases of the above-mentioned items and will be sending strike teams kidnap squads Reclamation Officers to reclaim these helicopter-shooting-firearms in the name of The Greater Good™ and For The Children™.
Comrade,This is the only adaptation I was aware of, I try not to involve myself in weapons discussions.Until they dump the Piece Of Sheet m-16, they will be headed down the wrong track. Other than the fact it fires fast, it is underpowered and may satisfy bean counters at the Pentagon.If they really want to save money, go to a high tech blow gun!Bolt actions will go the way of the musket and flintlock.You have denounced me for my ignorance, you could not have picked an easier target!

Comrades, why settle for the wimpy .50 BMG? I give you the 25mm Hotchkiss, a real he-man's caliber (shown next to the 7.62 armor piercing and 5.56 green tip for comparison).

25mm.jpg

I denounce Comrade Whoopie! The 25mm Hotchkiss is FRENCH! And we all know that FRENCH weapons used during WWII were fired once, and then dropped, thus proving their innate inferiority.

I am trying to rebuild the "Pars Gun". In the mean time I am keeping the parts in 7.62's area in the bunker.

300px-Parisgun2.jpg

But my modesty has already gotten the best of me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNlOtLhnsEE Can someone point me towards the nearest Tea Party rally?

Colonel 7.62 wrote:I denounce Comrade Whoopie! The 25mm Hotchkiss is FRENCH! And we all know that FRENCH weapons used during WWII were fired once, and then dropped, thus proving their innate inferiority.

Actually Col. that particular example was taken from a Japanese anti-aircraft gun by my dear old dad. You are right, the gun that fired it was poorly designed but the round itself was excellent and is still manufactured for an improved auto-loading gun. Muzzle velocity was 3,000 ft/sec and the steel projectile contained 4 oz. of high explosive.

I believe this is one of the largest cannons ever fired.......... Gerald Bull designed it from two 16" naval guns. It was fired on Bermuda to test sending projectiles 100 miles up for space research.

Gerald Bull.jpg

(Continued from Comrade Red Square's Barrett Thread...)

This holiday, give a dearest gift to the dearest commissar:

Perfect for any May or Earth Day celebration!

I do like the big, pretty machine. They should do fine in keep our guest IN the gulag, instead of wandering around the premises and messing up the beet fields.

Comrade Kim,
I believe you have found what could possibly be the world's most politically-incorrect vehicle !

Kim Jong-Un wrote:(Continued from Comrade Red Square's Barrett Thread...)

This holiday, give a dearest gift to the dearest commissar:

Perfect for any May or Earth Day celebration!

Sadly, the entire vehicle flipped over backwards whenever the gun was fired.

Krasnodar wrote:I believe this is one of the largest cannons ever fired.......... Gerald Bull designed it from two 16" naval guns. It was fired on Bermuda to test sending projectiles 100 miles up for space research.

Gerald Bull.jpg
Weren't a number of these sold to the brave freedom fighters in Palestine to use when mourning the deaths of brave martyrs? Unfortunately, their use had tragic results (the projectile would fall back to earth, usually in Gaza).

Funny how things have eskalated here. My Preference is a Desert Eagle 50 cal. Up close and personal. See the facial expressions as your kapitalist victim realizes you have invested your assets in him. He may profit from the experience!

In the Soviet remake of "A Christmas Story" the little wimp boy had a dream of being the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the USSR, inspecting a parade of the world's most powerful weapons on Red Square.

Red Square wrote:In the Soviet remake of "A Christmas Story" the little wimp boy had a dream of being the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the USSR, inspecting a parade of the world's most powerful weapons on Red Square.

Oh boy, I can't wait! Isn't it based on a true story?

Kids grow up so fast~

This kid might as well have been the protagonist...

Kim_Jung_Il_OK.jpg

Ha-ha- ha, you arr raugh at me now but I raugh at you rater when I show up unannounced at joint miritary exercises between capitarist Japan and hegemonist Amerika. I bet they finarry start paying attention now, huh? Yes yes!

I So Ronery,
Kim Jong Ir

My new yacht carred "Chae-Song Doh", which mean "Unicorns exist & they fart rainbows"

My favorite: The McMillan TAC-50. Good for hunting at over a mile and a half in high-altitude very mountainous areas.....

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifles ... tac-50.php

Comrade Illin', a truly glorious yacht. How many political prisoners does it take to row that thing?

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Comrades, why settle for the wimpy .50 BMG? I give you the 25mm Hotchkiss, a real he-man's caliber (shown next to the 7.62 armor piercing and 5.56 green tip for comparison).

Comrade,

Here's your "wimpy" and I raise you one ...

(Batteries sold separately ladies)

redbomb.jpg

Infidel Castrate wrote:Here's your "wimpy" and I raise you one ...
Are the two little red men included?

Raum Emmanual Goldstein
Komrades!

I was at first aghast that you progressives could even think to advocate the sale and distribution of such monstrous … things … to juveniles.

[highlight=#ffff00]Then it occurred to me that the proliferation of any firearm with such enormous range and penetration would require the lame duck session of congress to amend the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995[/highlight][highlight=#ffff00] to extend the exclusion zone around the grounds of all public, parochial or private schools to a reasonably safe distance of say 150 miles or so. [/highlight]It is, after all.... "For the Childern."

Thus, we effectively nullify the ownership and possession of ALL firearms without necessarily prohibiting them (i.e. you are allowed to own any firearm, just so long as it is not stored or carried within 150 miles of a school yard).

With such creative legislation, who needs to ratify an effeminate U.N. Small Arms Treaty to elminate gun ownership?

I do say… Most insidious!

Thank you, Komrades!

I have a Carcano, I just need a 6th floor room with a view and....oh, nevermind. The damn thing mis-fires 21% of the time.

I am for knowing what all the little white girls will be wanting in their Christmas pantyhose...
girl barrette.jpg

Red Square wrote:
Infidel Castrate wrote:Here's your "wimpy" and I raise you one ...
Are the two little red men included?

Errrr... no, they too are sold seperately. The standand model is the "Autocommunist" version.