Three-legged puppy invited to State of the Union

Doggie_Blanket.jpg
The White House has announced the official list of honored guests that will be present to watch as President Obama delivers the last State of the Union address of his presidency on Tuesday. Among those seated in the box with Michelle Obama, Dr. Jill Biden and Valerie Jarrett, will be an adorable three-legged puppy named Blanket, who will be sleeping on the First Lady's lap.

The President is expected to refer to Blanket throughout the speech as an example of the progress that his administration has brought about, and to tug at the heartstrings of viewers that may otherwise be inclined to question the wisdom, cost, or effectiveness of his proposals.

Fox News stirred controversy today by announcing that its State of the Union coverage would limit Blanket's total air time to five minutes.

Kilroy wrote:... three-legged puppy named Blanket, who will be sleeping on the First Lady's lap.

Sounds like Moochelle isn't getting enough "third leg" from Dear Leader.

Lev Termen wrote:
Kilroy wrote:... three-legged puppy named Blanket, who will be sleeping on the First Lady's lap.

How dare you sir. She is a majestic woman, and I'm sure Dear Leader is a generous animal in the sack.

Kilroy wrote:
Lev Termen wrote:

How dare you sir. She is a majestic woman, and I'm sure Dear Leader is a generous animal in the sack.

Indeed
a real animal but no doubt, tender

Lev Termen wrote:Sounds like Moochelle isn't getting enough "third leg" from Dear Leader.

Well... when you're big enough to take a fire extinguisher, and hubby's "third leg" is only the size of, say, a Weiner, satisfaction can be hard to come by... Just sayin'

Kilroy wrote:Among those seated in the box with Michelle Obama, Dr. Jill Biden and Valerie Jarrett, will be an adorable three-legged puppy named Blanket
I was thinking a three-legged First Lady would have stirred more interest... but then, what'd I know about such things - I'm just a lone rodent. Hey! "The Lone Rodent" There's a TV series or movie opportunity there somewhere. I'll work on it...

Mikhail Lysenkomann wrote:
Lev Termen wrote:Sounds like Moochelle isn't getting enough "third leg" from Dear Leader.

Well... when you're big enough to take a fire extinguisher, and hubby's "third leg" is only the size of, say, a Weiner, satisfaction can be hard to come by... Just sayin'
It appears that I need to whip out my giant wooden denouncing podium.

Or, a two-headed kitty, frog, smelt, krill, lamb, cow? You name it! Anything for a heart-throbbing photo-op for The American People™!

Oh, aaaaand my daughters™ decided to name the three-legged puppy "Tripod" to show their solidarity™ for those animals less fortunate than they are™.

Can't wait until our three headed puppy arrives. His name is Cerberus.

In fact, the puppy named Blanket has lived happily with four legs until yesterday, when Valerie Jarrett cornered it with her garden sheers. What's one doggie's leg compared to the good of the nation and the Greater Good™?

Red Square wrote:In fact, the puppy named Blanket ...

This is too easy.

... short for Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson II ...

... if Dear Leader had a three-legged dog, that's what he would look like ...

... this Blanket is missing a corner ...

Well, you all made me think of this. Yes, another video.
Danny Kaye tells another tale in his portrayal of Hans Christian Andersen.

There are others, of course, like Inchwormhttps://

and The Kings New Clothes

Nice to see things be sweet again.
I'm gonna watch the whole thing.