Uber-Prog Bill Maher Says America Is Stupid

Image First of all, "How to lose friends" was a pretty clever comedy, even though they made the allegedly "smart guy" played by Jeff Bridges look like Ward Churchill.*

Second, if I though Maher was worthy of ten more minutes of my time, I would run the video again and write here a long list of things that struck me as extremely stupid and ignorant in that clip alone.

I could even follow his own logic and assert that part of this country must be incredibly dumb because it allows non-entities like Bill Maher continue to play opinion makers on national TV. But I won't assert it because it's a dumb argument. By virtue of making this argument Bill Maher has already proven himself wrong. And here's why: the very fact of this appearance on TV is a trademark of a free country - and American freedom is so far the smartest thing humanity has ever invented.

Freedom is the reason for this country's prosperity and the source of its success in just about every aspect of life - economy, science, art, engineering, medicine, agriculture, entertainment, etc. And if intelligence of a nation is to be measured by its success - or rather by its ability to discover freedom as a formula of success and sticking with it - then America is undoubtedly the smartest country in history. And this is even despite the fact that some of its individual members - like Bill Maher here - may be too dimwitted to realize this.

Red Square wrote:Image First of all, "How to lose friends" was a pretty clever comedy, even though they made the allegedly "smart guy" played by Jeff Bridges look like Ward Churchill.*

Second, if I though Maher was worthy of ten more minutes of my time, I would run the video again and write here a long list of things that struck me as extremely stupid and ignorant in that clip alone.

I could even follow his own logic and assert that part of this country must be incredibly dumb because it allows non-entities like Bill Maher continue to play opinion makers on national TV. But I won't assert it because it's a dumb argument. By virtue of making this argument Bill Maher has already proven himself wrong. And here's why: the very fact of this appearance on TV is a trademark of a free country - and American freedom is so far the smartest thing humanity has ever invented.

Freedom is the reason for this country's prosperity and the source of its success in just about every aspect of life - economy, science, art, engineering, medicine, agriculture, entertainment, etc. And if intelligence of a nation is to be measured by its success - or rather by its ability to discover freedom as a formula of success and sticking with it - then America is undoubtedly the smartest country in history. And this is even despite the fact that some of its individual members - like Bill Maher here - may be too dimwitted to realize this.
If there was a hand clapping emoticon or something like that, I'd put that up Comrade Red Square.

If you were to ask me, Billy Maher is something like an elitist, skinny Michael the Moore*, but I know Michael the Moore would say he's an elitist.

You want to hear some other stupid double standard of liberals (this is a little generalized then just Maher). I have some liberal friends who told/tell me I HAVE to stand behind the Obamasiah, just because he is my president, yet I have a hard time believing they actually stood behind Bush when he was president.

Roseanne Barr Turns Up The Heat

That Oven Feelin'

Comrades - Surely these are more signs sent from the "One"
that the World of Next Tuesday will probably be here by.... er ..... uh...... next Tuesday!

Or is she just trying to prove Uber Maher's point?