* * *
Well, its happened again – a school massacre takes place and the BSM jumps in with both left feet engaging in Assault Journalism with wall to wall coverage that glorifies the killer and encourages copycat attacks.
In their efforts to denigrate the people’s right of self-defense they promote and glorify the perpetrator, making them an instant celebrity in a world that has forgotten the difference between famous and infamous.
Perhaps we should discuss the possibility that it’s the Bull Stream Media’s fault in promoting these atrocities.
We all need to sit down and have a discussion of the role of the press in our society. Does it keep us safer? Or does it encourage more attacks putting more children in danger?
It is time to forget the politics of a free-press and instead think of the larger questions like the safety of our children.
We’re not talking about taking away the BSM’s First Amendment rights; we’re only talking about cutting the carnage brought about by Assault Journalism.
Does the BSM really need high-capacity magazines?
Does the BSM really need 5 minute clips?
The 1st amendment guarantees the freedom of the press but that isn’t an unlimited right by any means. The 1st amendment was written back in a time of printed media that traveled at the speed of a horse.
There is no way the founding fathers could have known how media technology would evolve.
These days the BSM can operate at the speed of light, with video cameras shooting at least 30 frames a second. They could not have envisioned high-capacity magazines that can shoot out reams of lies before they need to be reloaded with the next issue.
They could not have envisioned the private sale of Media outside the control of the government, private Media that could easily set off the next lunatic on a spree of carnage.
So, when is the best time to make sensible, pragmatic changes to our media law?
How about now?
And I’ll get us started:
- We need a ban on High capacity magazines, there is no reason that Time or Newsweek need to be more than 10 pages.
- We need a ban on 5 minute news clips – there is no reason any one needs a clip longer than 5 minutes
- We need to end private sales of Media – we need the government to control who can buy media and whether they have the mental capacity to consume such media.
- We should make it a felony to purchase Media for those who can’t legally buy Media themselves.
- We should have background check on all purveyors of Assault Journalism to close one of the major loopholes in our current Media law and make it harder for criminals and those with mental illness to engage in Assault Media.
- Ensuring background checks on all Media personal would close one of the major loopholes in our current laws and make it harder for criminals and those with mental illness to gain access to Media microphones.
- We should deny a Media permit for habitual offenders who have continually celebrated the murderers in these mass shooting outrages.
- You can help if you have a device capable of receiving Assault Media; you need to turn it into the government right now.
- We should put in place a national ban on assault journalism and have a serious review of Internet transmissions of large amounts of media.
- And if the media fails to submit by these Common-sense measures We will need stricter penalties for those who refuse to abide by the provisions of the a new Assault Media Ban.
Obviously, our children, our families, our neighbours, our law enforcement officers (did I mention children yet?) deserve and expect more responsibility than talk.
Renée Pseudonym Laggard is a founding member of Citizens Against Idiotic Mayors.
Just a final note: Journalist should take my sarcasm as a cautionary tale in that if you take to destroying one group’s Constitutional rights, don’t expect people to respect YOUR Constitutional rights.
The constraints on government put in place by our founding fathers either stand together – collectively if you will – or they fall together. Something you should keep in mind whilst you seek to eviscerate everyone’s right of self-defense.
Anyer MarxWhat next?! Concealed microphone permits? A waiting period before transmission/printing? ... I like it!
Yes, It's For the Children after all..
Comrade ŠterpinYou can help if you have a device capable of receiving Assault Media; you need to turn it into the government right now. You are much too trusting Comrade Šterpin. I suspect that you do not really wish to control the Assault Media at all? A voluntary system will not ensure compliance. The Dear Leader (PBUH) should use his powerful civilian militia to knock down all doors to remove all Assault Media devices and replace them with with Approved Content devices. A more efficient way to ensure the safety of our children. Do you not agree?
Wayne LaPierre today: "And he said “the next Adam Lanza” is “waiting in the wings” and argued that copycat killers are encouraged by “a national media machine that rewards them with wall-to-wall attention and a sense of identity that they crave.”" “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,”
What reactionary nonsense! As a peace loving citizen I think he should be shot in the head!
“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,”
Thank you Dad for the lifetime membership in the NRA, who in their magazine the American Rifleman use to at least once have a column up front called '(Right) to Bear Arms' about stories of ordinary people every day encountering crime most always on their own property or person (family) and neutralizing criminals in the act very often only by demonstrating their ability to effect defense on the spot as opposed to being at the mercy of the Parasite pending the arrival of Goobermit protection and protracted due process compromised by the latest LibTard sociological sensibility.
These stories are unknown in even FoxMedia let alone NFM. But more so the Civics is unknown to the contemporary Citizen. The ancient English Common Law (that the English have destroyed even more quickly and thoroughly as their American English (tradition not ethnic) descendants). ALL ADULT CITIZENS are responsible to defense. ALL ADULT CITIZENS are the Militia. ALL ADULT CITIZENS are the Police. Vigilantism is a criminal only when going beyond apprehension, only when obstructing due process without the justification of immediate necessary action in self or communal defense, and then still always subject to after the fact to judgment and justice by the magistrate. (re Zimmerman).
It’s not like public school teachers are supposed to turn us into lawyers or policemen. They can’t even teach us to read write, add or stand up to a union recruiter for gawds’ sake. But Citizens…knowledgeable of their rights and how those relate to our responsibilities. The fulfillment of responsibilities which only helps serve the strength of the individual Citizen’s own rights and freedoms as well our neighbors (TIT for TAT nothing is free….for that which is free or subsidized is by definition abused/neglected).