WOW: "Kennedy Seat" Goes To A Republican

(Kharacter off)
I have lived my whole life in New England/NYC area. Ted Kennedy was a senator since before I was born. My user name Ted State is a bad pun of Red State which is something my home state of Mass will never be. In a MILLION YEARS I NEVER THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE A REPUBLICAN IN THE "KENNEDY" SEAT. First the Red Sox win TWICE and now THIS? Maybe 2012 really IS the end of the world!

Still on the floor

Ted State

I figured Bill Buckner would be elected senator from Messachusetts before a Republican would be. Obama truly has brought change!

Opiate of the People wrote:
I figured Bill Buckner would be elected senator from Messachusetts before a Republican would be. Obama truly has brought change!

O sure had to bring him into the conversation. But he DID raise the World Series Banner in Fenway park on opening day 2008 to a 5 minute standing ovation so I guess ANYTHING is now officially possible in America.

I know how you feel Ted, we're all in a State of shock here at the collective. We should've put magnets in comrade Teddy's pockets and wrapped his coffin with copper wire. We'd be making free electricity right now.

I was a Mets fan back in '86 (I don't really pay attention to pro sports much anymore) and I really thought the Sox had us beat. I couldn't believe it when that ball rolled thru Buckner's legs.

Years ago, I played in an over-40s baseball league. I was a pitcher. I had a similar situation where I had a couple of guys on and threw the batter a curveball which fooled him and he hit a slow roller to the second baseman. Should've been the last out but the goof let it roll right thru his legs. Never laid a glove on it. The next guy up put it over the fence. I felt a lot of sympathy for Bob Stanley.

But I hated and still hate the Yankees so I was happy when the Sox came back to beat them in 2004.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:I know how you feel Ted, we're all in a State of shock here at the collective. We should've put magnets in comrade Teddy's pockets and wrapped his coffin with copper wire. We'd be making free electricity right now.

Heh. Ted was a dynamo in life and thanks to Scott, could've been one in the afterlife.

I bet it feels like taking off and throwing away an old coat full of holes that you've had to wear around for years and years.

Back in Colorado, in the 1960's, when every single person in the state was Republican, Massachusetts Republican Senator Edward Brooks was a topic of conversation, in a complimentary fashion, at cocktail parties (yes, I overheard this, even though I was too young to drink). And yet, from the media nowadays, you would think he never existed. It was always Teddy Teddy Teddy.

* a note about the cocktail parties: I grew up in a town that had the highest alcohol consumption per capita in the nation. It seemed that all anyone did back then was ski and drink.

<OFF>
I understand your feelings, ted. This was a close to a miracle as any blue state has seen in decades. Mass. single handily, save the country from ObamAcorn Care. This was a HUGE rejection of liberal/progressiveness, which scared the pants of the Dems. I hope the thrown- them- out- quake, continues across the country and lands in the middle of California.

The dreadful Charles Krauthammer said that 0Bama could be zero for five. Now no one loves President Awesome more than I do, but consider the tragedies in New Jersey, Virginia and now Massachusetts. Copenhagen and the Olympics.

I wonder. Is there a virus in his TelePrompTer?

This is a bit off topic, but this from <a href="https://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.co ... ts">Barack Obama's TelePrompTer's Blog</a>
One little Nigerian getting on a big plane to fly into Detroit is one thing. But when a known political agitator like Rush Limbaugh is allowed to travel to the same island as Big Guy, without any screening or intelligence briefing, that's when you see the steely leadership of Big O.

I don't think I'm breaking Top Secret secrets, but let me tell you, this Rush situation is a real window into how Big Guy operates.

Almost immediately after learning Rush has been rushed to the hospital for care of possible heart attack symptoms, Big Guy had questions, like, "Please tell me it's life-threatening," and "I thought I barred government assassinations of enemies of the state," and "Is this the hospital where I was allowed to pull the plug on Grammy, and if so, when can I go visit Rush to give him my best?" He had others, too, but given operational security, I can't share them with you.

Perhaps those weren't the most pertinent questions, but you can see how Big Guy was focused like a laser on the immediate threat, particularly since, with Rush being bedridden, on blood-thinners and with both sides of his brain likely tied behind his back, this could provide Big Guy his best opportunity to best him. Assuming I was there to lend a hand. But as Gibbsy said during our third briefing on the matter before Big Guy went snorkling, "Likely isn't a certainty at all."

While Rush is clearly a sore point with Big Guy, Rush is aces in my book. He helped promote this site and encouraged me to be open about the goings on in the Oval.

I wish him speedy recovery, and I will do my best to distract Big Guy once he's back from seashell-necklace-stringing class with Lady M.

And Happy New Year to you all.

Many of my mass liberal friends are upset that "One Vote" is going to kill health care. When I tell them it was actually more like 100,000 votes in the most Democratic state in the nation, well that usually gives them pause. How else can the people say, "WE DON'T WANT THIS PIECE OF CRAP?"