Liberal Outrage: A Pro-McCain March In Manhattan

Guardian of Pravda wrote: The Erie are related to the Cree (Chippewa or O'Chippewa) as we are [HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]Iroquois and the Objiwe[/HIGHLIGHT] are also Algonquin. We do have Souian roots also.
We fall more in line with the Huron and Wynadott as to relation and are mixed in heavily with them.
We prefer Bay laurel with the special mix. The Hogans always face the rising sun.

Up here, in Ontario, more correctly referred to as Anashnabe, which is a sub-tribe of both.

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:
Guardian of Pravda wrote: The Erie are related to the Cree (Chippewa or O'Chippewa) as we are [HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00]Iroquois and the Objiwe[/HIGHLIGHT] are also Algonquin. We do have Souian roots also.
We fall more in line with the Huron and Wynadott as to relation and are mixed in heavily with them.
We prefer Bay laurel with the special mix. The Hogans always face the rising sun.

Up here, in Ontario, more correctly referred to as Anashnabe, which is a sub-tribe of both.
I know. My Wife is from Elliot Lake. She is Anashnabe. Also called Anishnabeg, Anishinabe.
When we are up there we visit on the reservations. They are mad a hell down toward Sault Ste Marie since the new road went in.
The Algonquin language is derived from the Objiwe. Many think it is one language hardly knowing there are some 30 different variations of it just like any other language.
We will be up there in Nov for her Sisters wedding in SSM. First place my wife goes is Tim Hortons.
Hope is does not Snow.

Guardian of Pravda wrote:
Ivan Betinov wrote:
Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.

"Oh, it's fun to charter an accountant
And sail the wide Acountant Sea!"
--From the "Crimson Mutual Assurance Company" in Monty Python's "Meaning of Life."

G.O. Pravda, you say you live in a bedroom community in Alabama. Remarkable. At least two other regular Cubists (myself being one of them) hails from the Sweet Home originally. I grew up outside a little town called Cullman, about half-way between Birmingham and Huntsville on I-65. Are you in the vicinity?
Absolutely. Cullman is 60 miles north of me. Go there often. Fish Smith Lake and have many friends there. Usually go straight up 278 and through Holly Pond.

I'm the other Bama-ite in here. I grew up in Arab, about 25mi n.e. of Betinov's glorious commune of Cullman. Holy Pond! Damn. I haven't been there in almost 30 years. There used to be a little restaurant there with the most awesome fried catfish. Sadly, Arab is not what I would call a place where they "celebrate diversity". They are a few Hispanics and Asians living there. But, still ... no Blacks live on top of Brindlee Mtn. Not that I blame them for not wanting to. Hell, I'm a WEM and I don't want to live there.

Went through Arab the other day coming back from Huntsville. Went down 231 south through Morgan Point Eddy and past Egypt on my west side.
Only in Alabama can you visit all the Countries w/o ever leaving the State.
Will you be following the Game today.
BTW there is still an very nice Catfish Restaurant there. you are not referring to Gannon's Corner or Pepper's Cafe or Three Guys Grill are you?
There is also Granny's Home Brew. Arab is modernizing in the Downtown section but it's still rural toward the outskirts.

s'okay... there's a town in Ontario called Swastika...

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:s'okay... there's a town in Ontario called Swastika...
I missed that one. South or North of Sudbury?

Y'know... I have absolutely no idea... I'll have to look 'er up... I just know it exists... but I'll have a look...

Re: Anashnabe... I still get confused by the whole Anashnabe/Ojibwa or Ojibwe and Iroquois interrelation, because it is an interrelation. I have an Anashnabe friend who is Ojibwa and I know Ojibwa who are Iroquois, and Anashhabe who are Iroquois...

And there are Hand and Cree in Saskatchewan who are related to the Lakota Sioux on Rosebud, which I think are Sicangu Lakota... especially the Cree in southern Saskatchewan (from "Wascana"... a basterdization of Oskana ka-asateki or, "the bones that are piled together" because Regina is for all intents and purposes where they took Buffalo bones as a cemetery because they revered the Buffalo... where Regina's August civic holiday, "Pile'o'bones Day" day comes from... )

I have no idea how I know all this shit... I'm Jewish and my family came from Russia around 1900... to Winnipeg and around Manitoba and then to Saskatchewan and eventually all over western Canada... But when I lived in Vancouver I knew a lot of Haida stuff... I guess you just pick it up if you're around it and I had a lot of first nations friends in Regina... my folks sort of looked after a lot of my friends who came from broken homes and a lot of them had parents who'd come from reserves and weren't in great shape and ended up in foster homes... which often meant they ended up at our house. We seem to have a habit of collecting people wherever we live... and then we kill them and eat them... ... .. .. I'm joking... we just kill the babies and use their blood to make "Matzo" at Passover... it's true... I read it in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.... naw... I'm joking... I used to be a vegetarian and my brother still is, but my boyfriend's a cannibal... no... actually he's Argentinean... sorry... we just watched a documentary on the history of the "blood lie" and the Protocols... it was interesting... I guess that stuck in my head too...

Anyway... we don't eat people or kill babies but I did have a lot of first nations friends growing up in Regina.

Okay... Swastika is right by Kirkland lake... northeast...

Hey... where's our buddy Jack?... Did he really take off?... I was kinda looking forward to 'hearing' his answer... I might have learned something...

Way North of Sudbury but South of Timmins and close to Quebec. Traveled that road more than a few times. Got to watch for it next time.
Relation to the LS are common now, not common back a hundred or so years ago.
It's all First Nation.
To add to the confusion the Wynadotte and Huron are the same people with different names.
Many are more than interrelated they are related as they come from the same band just went in different directions. Trying to separate them is a waste of time. The only separation is Tribal Pride and standing.
I am part of the Iroquois Confederacy which is the Five Nations. We are the Erielhonan or Cougar People of the Black Adder people (Iroquois).

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:Hey... where's our buddy Jack?... Did he really take off?... I was kinda looking forward to 'hearing' his answer... I might have learned something...

Mayhap he is pondering.

Guardian of Pravda wrote:I am part of the Iroquois Confederacy which is the[HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00] Five Nations.[/HIGHLIGHT] We are the Erielhonan or Cougar People of the Black Adder people (Iroquois).

Wait... so what are the six nations of the Six Nations Reserve near Brantford?

Guardian of Pravda wrote:Went through Arab the other day coming back from Huntsville. Went down 231 south through Morgan Point Eddy and past Egypt on my west side.
BTW there is still an very nice Catfish Restaurant there. you are not referring to Gannon's Corner or Pepper's Cafe or Three Guys Grill are you?
There is also Granny's Home Brew. Arab is modernizing in the Downtown section but it's still rural toward the outskirts.

Did you pass though Hog Jaw, too? :D (I swear to Lenin, yawl!!! There is a tiny "community" outside of Arab called Hog Jaw.)

Yes Sir! I am watchin' the game now. At halftime Bama 31, GA 0. WOOOOOOT!!!!! ROLL TIDE!!! Let's see if they can hold that.

I am also keeping an eye on my secondary college team too. Virginia Tech.

I think it was Gannon's Corner. It was 30 years ago so I do not remember for sure. But the name Gannon's seems to come to mind.

Three Guys Grill is newer. There is one in Arab. As a matter of fact 3 guys from Arab started it. One of them, I went to school with my whole life.

--

CHARACTER OFF!

Now I'm hearing my Comrades offer PC concessions. (out of character?).

habeas corpus? Fuck You!!!!!! Your living in a fairy tale.

The problem with globalization/multiculturalism is, WE HAVE ISLAM!

Islam offers NO habeas corpus. NONE in the slightest.

Yet we allow them to TAKE US. Our fucking politicians democrat or republican,... and our media, have no idea of what the West (FREEDOM) is up against. They can't face the facts. Have NOT read the Quran or the Hadith. The FACT is,... Islam's tenet is to dominate. ALL Muslims are taught to harass and terrorize the unbeliever (you and me) to submit to Islam, pay jizya (a protection tax) or be killed.

What part of kill do you not understand?

The reason for nearly every problem we have today whether personal safety, financial security, freedom of speech, equal rights, etc. is Islam. The fuckin Arabs own Bush and US by association.

I would suggest you great scholars of history pick up the Quran and read it. This doctrine is pounded into each and every Muslim each and every day.

Stuff Like This............................................
Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."
Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."
Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."
Qur'an:8:65 "O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding."
Qur'an:9:123 "Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you."
Qur'an:47:4 "When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam."
Ishaq:578 "Crushing the heads of the infidels and splitting their skulls with sharp swords, we continually thrust and cut at the enemy. Blood gushed from their deep wounds as the battle wore them down. We conquered bearing the Prophet's fluttering war banner. Our cavalry was submerged in rising dust, and our spears quivered, but by us the Prophet gained victory."
Qur'an:61:4 "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His Cause."

The Quran and Hadith are filled with this verbiage.

Muslims believe the written Quran is Allah's word, delivered through Muhammad. Never to be criticized. They believe , Muhammad is the perfect man.

FACT; Muhammad had multiple wives,(some under 10 years old) many sex slaves, decapitated hundreds of men with his own hand.

This is just a snippet of what's in the hate filled doctrine of the Quran. You Comrades are smart guys. Take a minute of your life to read this hate filled war doctrine written by a psychopathic narcissistic thug. A self proclaimed prophet.

Then consider the Ummah and how it effects World Economics. They will destroy capitalism if we just talk.

Alluha Akbar

Guardian of Pravda wrote:I am part of the Iroquois Confederacy which is the[HIGHLIGHT=#ffff00] Five Nations.[/HIGHLIGHT] We are the Erielhonan or Cougar People of the Black Adder people (Iroquois).

Also the five Nations one and the same. We are the oldest participatory Democracy in history. When the first five formed which were Mohawks, Oneidas, Onondagas, Cayugas, and Senecas they were called the Five Nations. The Tuscaroras came later, were added in, and thus the Six Nations but those of us that were in the original five still refer to it as the Five nations.
As an aside, we declared war on the Germans at the same time as America but we never accepted their surrender. We are still at War with them.

Zampolit Blokhayev wrote:
Guardian of Pravda wrote:Went through Arab the other day coming back from Huntsville. Went down 231 south through Morgan Point Eddy and past Egypt on my west side.

Did you pass though Hog Jaw, too? :D (I swear to Lenin, yawl!!! There is a tiny "community" outside of Arab called Hog Jaw.)

Yes Sir! I am watchin' the game now. At halftime Bama 31, GA 0. WOOOOOOT!!!!! ROLL TIDE!!! Let's see if they can hold that.

I am also keeping an eye on my secondary college team too. Virginia Tech.

I think it was Gannon's Corner. It was 30 years ago so I do not remember for sure. But the name Gannon's seems to come to mind.

Three Guys Grill is newer. There is one in Arab. As a matter of fact 3 guys from Arab started it. One of them, I went to school with my whole life.

--

Oh yeah. Went through Hog Jaw which still has it's little sign hanging proudly next to the junked 47 Chevy.

Gannons is the oldest resturant around there so I think that is it. It's down home comfy and the service is good as is the food. The Three Guys is I believe down by the Mall.
It's still rural once you leave Huntsville and get past Hobbs Island Road. Once you hit Oleander your traveling back in time straight down Brindlee Mtn Pkwy.
You want funny places my own Native Georgia has Possum Snout also known as Tallapoosa.

Sheik Abu Moham wrote:CHARACTER OFF!

Now I'm hearing my Comrades offer PC concessions. (out of character?).

habeas corpus? Fuck You!!!!!! Your living in a fairy tale.

The problem with globalization/multiculturalism is, WE HAVE ISLAM!

Islam offers NO habeas corpus. NONE in the slightest.

Yet we allow them to TAKE US. Our fucking politicians democratic or republican,... and our media, have no idea of what the West (FREEDOM) is up against. They can't face the facts. Have NOT read the Quran or the Hadith. The FACT is,... Islam's tenet is to dominate. ALL Muslims are taught to harass and terrorize the unbeliever (you and me) to submit to Islam, pay jizya (a protection tax) or be killed. What part of kill do you not understand?

The reason for nearly every problem we have today whether personal safety, financial security, freedom of speech, equal rights, etc. is Islam. The fuckin Arabs own Bush and US by association.

I would suggest you great scholars of history pick up the Quran and read it. This doctrine is pounded into each and every Muslim each and every day.

Stuff Like This............................................
Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."
Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."
Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."
Qur'an:8:65 "O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding."
Qur'an:9:123 "Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you."
Qur'an:47:4 "When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam."
Ishaq:578 "Crushing the heads of the infidels and splitting their skulls with sharp swords, we continually thrust and cut at the enemy. Blood gushed from their deep wounds as the battle wore them down. We conquered bearing the Prophet's fluttering war banner. Our cavalry was submerged in rising dust, and our spears quivered, but by us the Prophet gained victory."
Qur'an:61:4 "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His Cause."

The Quran and Hadith are filled with this verbiage.

Muslims believe the written Quran is Allah's word, delivered through Muhammad. Never to be criticized. They believe , Muhammad is the perfect man.

FACT; Muhammad had multiple wives,(some under 10 years old) many sex slaves, decapitated hundreds of men with his own hand.

This is just a snippet of what's in the hate filled doctrine of the Quran. You Comrades are smart guys. Take a minute of your life to read this hate filled war doctrine written by a psychopathic narcissistic thug. A self proclaimed prophet.

Then consider the Ummah and how it effects World Economics. They will destroy capitalism if we just talk.

Alluha Akbar

The Monkees said it best for me. I'm a Believer.

Yes yes... but can we just stop pissing on people for a while... I'm the first one to say, "Give pees a chance," but this is getting outta hand... and I'm the one who has to clean it up...

Also the five Nations one and the same. We are the oldest participatory Democracy in history. When the first five formed which were Mohawks, Oneidas, Onondagas, Cayugas, and Senecas they were called the Five Nations. The Tuscaroras came later, were added in, and thus the Six Nations but those of us that were in the original five still refer to it as the Five nations.
As an aside, we declared war on the Germans at the same time as America but we never accepted their surrender. We are still at War with them.

I beg to differ... I believe that would be the former residents of Masada, although their final vote was to kill themselves...

... joking...

Hello, my glorious komrads,

[karrakter off]

As an elephant living in a donkey parade (from Minnesota), I am so grateful for the Peoples' Cube....and am a long-time lurker/fourth-time poster. Thank you for the Cube. Let's keep it rolling!!!

Love, traci aka Lady Pol Pot Pie

<off>Welcome, traci. It's an odd mix here, with some conservatives or conservative/libertarians or some conservative/libertarian/Randites (like me). Lots of ex-military, Sister is a Canadian Jew, I'm a Texan, and gay.</off>

JB wrote:ut the reason why democratic societies generally do think that habeas corpus is very, very good is that it provides recourse to people who have been unjustly imprisoned, and the Bush Administration's post-9/11 detention policies provide a good example of why unjust imprisonment should be a concern. The vast majority of Guantanamo Bay prisoners were apprehended by non-U.S. forces, many of which collected bounties for handing the prisoners over.

This is misdirection, on the line of damning companies for making a profit. There's much to be said on the condemnation of the profit motive, for without that, the only control is chivvying regulation, but that's for another day.

Calling it "unjust imprisonment" has been dealt with before. I will say however, that the British detainees have been offered to Britain--won't you please take them, we're tired of them? And the Brits said, no no no, you're doing fine, we don't want them but we don't want them out either. And they then snipe at us for taking really bad people out of the picture.

There is something viscerally pleasing about these Charles Bronson movies in which he shoots muggers which the law won't touch. Of course the presumption is that he'll do it right and shoot only the muggers. But one must ask what, exactly, is the point? Making sure that all the accounting laws of imprisonment are followed or that evil people are kept off the streets? These jihadi were not pool boys snatched up randomly--they were gotten by serious people in bad places while they were doing bad things. It is a mistake to believe that all people are equally innocent no matter where they were.

Would it make sense to arrest someone found at the scene of a murder with a bloody knife in his hand? Would it make sense to free that person found at the scene of a murder if he hadn't had his Miranda rights? If he's not an American citizen, who was apprehended on foreign soil?

One of the things that amazes me is the left's projection of American values on the rest of the world. A lot of it is, I think, meant well, but the world just isn't like that and it's not a serious option. I heard an interview with one of the detainees at Gitmo who had been given an artificial leg by the Americans. He was grateful for that but still hated the Great Satan and said that he planned, if released, to go back to doing what he was doing before, which is trying to kill us. Claiming that it is a violation of his "rights" to hold him because of some made-up legal shenanigans (see above) is short-sighted and is precisely the sort of attitude which plays into the hands of people who would destroy us.

Ask yourself this. Is the US entitled to protect her interests? That is what we're doing and before you complain about their conditions, they're treated better than they ever have been before. And they get to keep their heads, unlike Daniel Pearl.

To go perhaps a bit further on Sister's point about regulations. The law exists, in theory, to regulate the affairs of men justly. And, as Sister states, these days it's in flux because technology, and events, have outstripped it. Even property law (in Texas) is behind-hand. But the bottom line of the <i>very reason</i> for law is that justice.

Law is a <i>tool</i>; it is not god. It exists to serve people and not the other way around. A common leftist confusion is the politicization of everything--natural disasters, even natural history. Which entirely misses the point.

And the point is the life and liberty of people, and not the subjugation of people to some legal god.

Comrades,

Did I actually see a post here from Comrade Felix Dzerzhinsky? Is that flatus from my zek rations or the first actualized winds of Hope and Change?

Comrade Red Squirrel should come to Toronto, where a similarly revealing welcome will be waiting. We're even more progressive up here since, by default if not free will, all those progressive New Yorkers are AmeriKKKan and thus congenitally less progressive than those of us in Canuckistan. Sometimes we do need to allow that, occasionally, some are more equal than others.

Now let me prepare for my trip to Havana. If the global warming won't come to me, I'll go to it.

When you go to Havana, be sure to take lots of soap. I'm told that you can spend the night with someone for the price of a cake of soap.

Comrade Tovarich...

sootechestvennik?

Are we in the same city? The same country? It seems as if we might be, although I refer to it a Kanadistan, as Canuck is a name given to Kanadistanjians by Amerikkkans... My bunker is around Bathurst and Glencairn.

SMO

As of this hour, the number of views on YouTube has approached 10,000 (the count is not live and gets updated every few hours).

-

The number of comments is 152, most of them made by angry "progressives" who just can't help but expose their true nature for the world to see and continue to paint a very unattractive image of themselves by aggressively verbalizing the middle finger gestures seen on video, making up myths about the "evil conservatives," explaining away the hatred, and inventing conspiracy theories about how this video was made. They're so easy.

Arguing on YouTube is probably useless as the comments move too fast - but if you could rate the video to compensate for the liberal voting, that would be nice.

The haters seem to be streaming from this forum judging by the content of their comments - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showt ... id=2969213 . But on the forum they go even further, regretting there were no conservatives hanging from the trees and wishing the US would join the EU.

Conservatives have already been turned into the undesirable others. The demonization phase is complete. Next phase: physical elimination.

Wow. The comments on the somethingawful site would be considered hate speech if it wasn't directed towards conservative white people.

Premier Betty wrote:Wow. The comments on the somethingawful site would be considered hate speech if it wasn't directed towards conservative white people.
Soon will come the Revolution and we all will be united in solidarity...all will be equally equal, except Obama and the Chairman will be more equal than everyone else...or something like that.

After coming back from battle in Impeachmentland, rubber bullets, no proof and a liberal meltdown, I find out I missed a troll?
Why was I not informed?

These are the people who would be lifting their arms to Hitler. Same people, different time.

OFF

Good Lord!
Stürm Abteilung? SA? Something Awful?
I'll agree to that.
Seems like a bunch of crackheads on a hate conservatives binge.

Laika the Space Dog wrote:After coming back from battle in Impeachmentland, rubber bullets, no proof and a liberal meltdown, I find out I missed a troll?

I like to think that there are no trolls at TPC.

Like Stalin said: "The delete key solves all problems. No troll, no problem."

This is what I fear. I don't want Obama to win; he and all he stands for scare the hell out of me. Yet I'm afraid of rioting and looting and burnings and beatings if he doesn't.

Like L.A. in '92 after the King verdict, only everywhere.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Image

This is what I fear. I don't want Obama to win; he and all he stands for scare the hell out of me. Yet I'm afraid of rioting and looting and burnings and beatings if he doesn't.

Like L.A. in '92 after the King verdict, only everywhere.

If in 1860 voters knew the choices before them, either a Democrat wins and there is no secession and no war or the Republicans win and the next four years will tear the country apart and put it back together again in a way unimaginable, what would have been the proper way to vote?

But, they didn't know. And in 2008 we don't know the events that our choices are going to produce either. If violence on a national scale is what would happen because Obama doesn't win, then it is much better that he doesn't win. That's like some thief telling me if I don't do what he says he'll burn my house down. I don't want such a person to win. But, if that's what they want, if the Left wants to wreck havoc and it happens on a national scale, it will probably bring about results and a country completely different than what they want.

Already the moonbats have been threatening that if the Chosen One doesn't win it will prove that we're racist and there will be violence. But remember perhaps a decade ago that a member of the house, who was in trouble for corruption, said that if he didn't win there would be sniping in Michigan. And there wasn't.

I agree with Otis on this. These bastards will do anything for power, and now they're threatening civil war. The Goracle has urged <a href="https://www.jessicaswell.com/mt/archive ... php">civil disobedience</a> when coal plants are fired up; that's nothing short of treason. They understand that any yielding to them is a sign of weakness and in this they're no different from the Muslims.

Ivan Betinov wrote:

--From the "Crimson Mutual Assurance Company" in Monty Python's "Meaning of Life."

G.O. Pravda, you say you live in a bedroom community in Alabama. Remarkable. At least two other regular Cubists (myself being one of them) hails from the Sweet Home originally. I grew up outside a little town called Cullman, about half-way between Birmingham and Huntsville on I-65. Are you in the vicinity?

I have postnatal experience with 'Bama and "Monta, say 'No!'" in the north. As a youth I visited Vulcan in Birmingham.

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:Comrade Tovarich...

sootechestvennik?

Are we in the same city? The same country? It seems as if we might be, although I refer to it a Kanadistan, as Canuck is a name given to Kanadistanjians by Amerikkkans... My bunker is around Bathurst and Glencairn.

SMO

Comrade Sister Massively Opiated,

At present I am in the world's most successful Communist country in Asia, though few here acknowledge that fact. Actually I am not Kanadistani, but I bear a special loathing for the CHRC and the two people from Toronto (and a third from Ontario)--Obama voters in spirit, NY Times subscribers, Paul Krugman quoters, reflexively anti-American--I have met in my years abroad have biased me against your otherwise fine city. Despite the very small sample, direct personal experience indicates 100% of Ontarian expats are aggressive progressives.

How is it you have avoided being contaminated--er, enlightened? I am impressed!

Yours,

CT

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:

sootechestvennik?

SMO

At present I am in the world's most successful Communist country in Asia, though few here acknowledge that fact. Actually I am not Kanadistani, but I bear a special loathing for the CHRC and the two people from Toronto (and a third from Ontario)--Obama voters in spirit, NY Times subscribers, Paul Kurgman quoters, reflexively anti-American--I have met in my years abroad have biased me against your otherwise fine city. Despite the very small sample, direct personal experience indicates 100% of Ontarian expats are aggressive progressives.

Yours,

CT

I'm too stoopid to be brainwashed... so I've learned how to unscrew the top of my own head and wash my own brain... ...

But, really... I've tried to answer this three times already and I keep erasing it... I have no idea... I don't think that everyone in Ontario a 'progressive' idiot, though there are enough... a sample of three out of several million is kind of small... but I think that once you have a large enough city with a high enough population, you're going to have a certain percentage of moonbats and they tend to be loud and strident and obnoxious... and the mainstream media is effected by the same politicization as the courts are... everything is a political issue for moonbats...

But that doesn't really answer it either... so I'm not sure... I guess I'm just not a f**king idiot, but some might argue the point.

That said, I'm confused... you aren't here, and you're not Kanadistanjian, but you are though you're not in T.O. now but you are sometimes? Or you were posting rhetorically... Clearly, a need to know thing...

Best of luck, secret agent man...
SMO

SMO wrote:you're going to have a certain percentage of moonbats and they tend to be loud and strident and obnoxious
This makes me wonder if it's a chicken-and-egg problem.

Why don't we all get some drop-kick dogs for the moonbats, and the moonbats can lecture them. With sufficient training the dogs can learn to grovel on the carpet, and put their paws over their eyes and whimper. When the groveling is enough, the moonbat can chuckle and beckon the groveling dog into its lap, and the dog will lick the moonbat.

Problem solved. The moonbat is kept busy. But it is dog abuse.

Comrade Commissar Theocritus,

Then I will buy lots of probably ChiCom-made soap at Big Lots. Enabling Havana comrades to maintain personal as well as political sterility is rewarding in a proletarian way. If you know how to contact Comrade Bill Clinton, I would like his advice on cigar purchases. For friends.

I'm in academia, the humanities, which attracts the shrillest of all, so I'm seeing literally the worst. My few trips through Canada have been pleasant, although I once recall staying at a B&B near the 1000 Islands where the owners ragged out Albertans as racists, home to Canada's KKK. I almost expected them to say, "You know, like the part of America where you're from." Oddly, about the only Canadians I haven't met overseas are Albertans and Nunavutans (oh, nobody from PEI, either).

I'll try to pass you a more informative secret encrypted message :-)

Comrades,

My Cube power is inadequate to start a topic, but might it not be interesting to have a Reactionaries Anonymous thread where we can post fascinating tales of what caused us to follow the dialectical materialsm of the Red Beacon of the People's Cube?

Mine is a sordid past of a grandfather who never talked politics but subscribed to "National Review" in the early '80s, guns, skate punks, military life, farms, Timothy Leary-land visits, reading certain books (Party-approved and not), drag queen contests, experience with various refugees, elitist snobs who sucked at math and most practical matters, the liberal (f)arts, life abroad, eco-freako orgs, a uncomtrollable revulsion for any kind of Be-In event, and an unhealthy desire to accumulate wealth and avoid debt.

Jack Baney
I'll try to offer a few quick responses.

Sister Massively Opiated, your support of Bush's detention policies seems to be based on the questionable premise that these policies help to prevent terrorism and make Americans safer. I don't think anyone has proven that indefinitely detaining people captured by non-U.S. forces, refusing to charge them with anything, denying them fair trials, and subjecting them to cruel treatment has had the positive effects that you assume. In fact, I think it's likely that these policies have made Americans less safe by fostering resentment against us. Also, FBI agents have said that the administration-approved coercive interrogation techniques usually result in unreliable information; these techniques appear to have been partly inspired by Chinese Communist methods of extracting false confessions (see https://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/02/us/02detain.html).

But even if I agreed with you that Bush's detention policies help to prevent terrorism and make Americans safer, I still wouldn't support them. I've read parts of the Physicians for Human Rights report (https://brokenlives.info/?page_id=69) on the beatings, isolation, sensory deprivation, sexual humiliation, etc. experienced by many former prisoners in Guantanamo and elsewhere who were never charged with anything and are now free. I saw the movie Taxi to the Dark Side, which is partly about how U.S. troops who had been encouraged to soften up prisoners wound up beating an Afghan taxi driver to death. And I've heard about Maher Arar, the Canadian citizen who our government sent to Syria, where he was held in a coffin-like cell and beaten with shredded cables for 10 months. In my opinion, these barbaric practices would still be wrong even if they helped to save innocent lives. I don't think that my right to not die in a terrorist attack outweighs the rights of innocent people not to be treated like this; in fact, I think the later outweighs the former, since I consider experiencing such treatment to be worse than dying in a terrorist attack.

Margaret, you can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the limitation to enemy combatants is basically meaningless since the Bush Administration has been designating people as enemy combatants unilaterally; in the case of Jose Padilla, the designation was broad enough to apply to a U.S. citizen who was apprehended in Chicago. I'm not an expert on the Espionage Act or the WW II Japanese internments, but Bush's detentions seem to differ from the later in that they're indefinite and subject prisoners to torture. (By the way, anyone who buys Bush's claim that torture has resulted from a few bad apples should read Sen. Carl Levin's statement and look at the accompanying documentation at https://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=299242.) While it may be unlikely that you, personally, will ever be affected by Bush's policies or the precedents they've sent, a lot of other people who are no more guilty than you have been affected. And I find it hard to believe that the “climate change crowd” will impose hardships on you that rise to the level of isolating you, depriving you of sleep, beating you, subjecting you to mock drowning, sexually humiliating you, etc.

Politilemologist, I do deny that “Al Queda does not play by the same rules as any other enemy before.” Are you saying that this is the first group in history to murder civilians or launch suicide attacks? I was calling myself “vaguely assholish” in the previous post.

Alluha Akbar: No, “the fuckin Arabs” do not “own Bush and the US by association”; you're a wackjob. And no, you do not piss on me; you sit at your computer typing the words “I piss on you” to post on the Internet under a pseudonym.

Thanks to everyone who responded to me seriously, but this post will have to be it for me. I'm on vacation this week, and you wouldn't want me to spend my vacation arguing politics on the Internet, would you? I know you hate the left, but I hope you're not that cold-bloodedly sadistic.

Why shouldn't the enemy combatant designation apply to a United States citizen in the U.S., Jack? A person can be a U.S. citizen and an enemy combatant in the United States all at the same time. Jose Padilla was sentenced by a Federal jury to 17 years and 4 months in prison for conspiracy to murder, kidnap and maim.

If we were using the precedents of WWII, he would have been hung.

~Margaret

G.O. Pravda, if you've been driving 278, you've been driving past my farm; it's about halfway between Cullman and Holly Pond, between Duck River and Berlin (which, in keeping with the proud Albama tradition of misspronouncing everything possible, is pronounced "Burrlun"). If you look to the left just as the highway goes to four-lane, you'll see a field of roughly fifteen-year-old pine trees. Had you been driving past that field thirty years ago, you'd have seen a fat teenager hoeing collards. That was me. Don't know how long you've been down there, but it was our family that ran the country ham place right along in there.

Tovarich wrote:drag queen contests

Then I'll have to introduce you to Bruno.

Jack Baney wrote:In fact, I think it's likely that these policies have made Americans less safe by fostering resentment against us.

A common misconception, I think. One of the instigators of the al Qaeda terror was convinced of the west's essential decadence and softness at a square dance in Colorado, seeing women dance with men they weren't owned by. To these absolutist theocrats everything is a recruiting sergeant; detainment has the advantage of getting the bad ones off the street.

I frankly do not trust Senator Carl Levin in the slightest. He'll have to say something intelligent and sensible, or at least doesn't make me grit my teeth, before I'll consider his opinion worth any time at all. Quoting Levin is nearly as bad as quoting Murtha.

Levin, et al, and the increasingly useless MSM are invested in our losing the Iraq war, spiting our country to give the Bu$hitler a black eye. Such is their rage of the 2000 election which even a Daley couldn't steal.

Comrades, I am quite pleased with the slaughter of JB's comments. It is excellent to be a member of a party that can defend itself so well. Allow me to continue beating this dead horse into a bloody pulp.

Obviously, I have no idea what the hell any of you are talking about1. However, I will acknowledge that posting on a satirical web site where everyone's politics are the exact opposite of yours just to piss people off is a vaguely assholish thing to do2. I don't go around sneering at right-wingers in real life, and if I did, they would be perfectly justified in kicking my ass3. And with that, "Comrades," I shall bid you adieu4.

1. Ha! he admits it!

2. It's not to piss people off; it's for our entertainment, but, of course, pissed off liberals are quite entertaining.

3. Free speech? Perhaps you should be kicked for every offensive comment you have ever made. I would enjoy carrying out that punishment. But since, as you stated, this is not "real life", I will only fictitiously kick your @#%.

4. Ah, yes, the classic "last word." That cheap tactic really gets on my nerves, despite the fact that I have used it. Perhaps he might secretly still be reading our responses... but I doubt it. Worst of all, he used a foreign word, "adieu", without italicizing it. Can you beleive the nerve of this guy!

<i>adieu</i>, until God, is traditionally used in France on one's death bed. <i>Au revoir</i>, if you intend to come back.

sootechestvennik?

SMO
Sorry Comrade. No so. I have heard the term used much in Canada although my wife hates it she acknowledges it use, usually toward Quebecois. We in America like to claim many thing but those in other Countries tend to claim more for us than we do. Canuck was picked up by Americans who heard it used in Canada by Canadians. I have heard it used more than once while in Sault Ste Marie, Elliot Lake and Sudbury. I still hear it used on Canadian Radio when I listen both the French and English version.

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:
Ivan Betinov wrote:

I have postnatal experience with 'Bama and "Monta, say 'No!'" in the north. As a youth I visited Vulcan in Birmingham.

Vulcan has been refurbished and still stands a glittering welcome to Bumingham. (Spelled as it would be prounounced.)

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

got it again. Me or the site?

Your message got posted. Go to the last page and press SUBMIT again. It will work.

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:

sootechestvennik?

SMO

At present I am in the world's most successful Communist country in Asia, though few here acknowledge that fact. Actually I am not Kanadistani, but I bear a special loathing for the CHRC and the two people from Toronto (and a third from Ontario)--Obama voters in spirit, NY Times subscribers, Paul Kurgman quoters, reflexively anti-American--I have met in my years abroad have biased me against your otherwise fine city. Despite the very small sample, direct personal experience indicates 100% of Ontarian expats are aggressive progressives.

Yours,

CT

Ontario est la province
Toronto est la ville dans la province d'Ontario
Vive la difference.

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

Getting it a lot now.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Your message got posted. Go to the last page and press SUBMIT again. It will work.
I just hit refresh and it comes back. I know they are posting I am just trying to figure out what's going on. We ain't got a haint do we?

Ivan Betinov wrote:G.O. Pravda, if you've been driving 278, you've been driving past my farm; it's about halfway between Cullman and Holly Pond, between Duck River and Berlin (which, in keeping with the proud Albama tradition of misspronouncing everything possible, is pronounced "Burrlun"). If you look to the left just as the highway goes to four-lane, you'll see a field of roughly fifteen-year-old pine trees. Had you been driving past that field thirty years ago, you'd have seen a fat teenager hoeing collards. That was me. Don't know how long you've been down there, but it was our family that ran the country ham place right along in there.
I was born in Atlanta Ga in 48. Been here in Bama for prolly twenty five years and visited off an on as we have kin all over the dam place oveh heah. I think I know where your place is. It is still rural between Mountain Top and Holly. Once you start into Cullman it get's a little more citified. Not bad right now. Ft Payne is where the development is going on, that and Gadsden.
Over in Ga Houston County is pronounced Houseton. Bremen (As in Bremen [breeman] Germany) is Brem-in. We Southerners can take any word an make it sing.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:<i>adieu</i>, until God, is traditionally used in France on one's death bed. <i>Au revoir</i>, if you intend to come back.
Adieu in the south means you is married.

Commissar Theocritus, I just want to thank you for your welcome. :)

Miss Pol Pot Pie, (my karakter looks something like Miss Swan, I think).

traci wrote:Commissar Theocritus, I just want to thank you for your welcome. :)

Yeah he is always in there first. Mom liked him best.
When the 'One' takes Command of the Republik he may be the first in line for shovels.

traci wrote:Commissar Theocritus, I just want to thank you for your welcome. :)

Yeah he is always in there first. Mom liked him best.
When the 'One' takes Command of the Republik he may be the first in line for shovels.
Are you and Komrad Theocritis brothers?

Traci, we are all brothers and sisters here at the Cube, siblings of the state, latched firmly onto the sacred nipple thereof.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:<i>adieu</i>, until God, is traditionally used in France on one's death bed. <i>Au revoir</i>, if you intend to come back.
Perhaps he plans for permanent vacation? The Big Dirt Nap??

This one is thoroughly indoctrinated, da?

Adieu in the south means you is married.

I'm confused; I thought they said andouille in the South ;)

<i>Andouille</i> is what we make jambalaya of, and even a Texan can do that.

And traci, welcome here. But bear in mind that if you stick your head up you'll be thrown into the whining maw of the Mime, where you'll have to listen to endless hours of moaning about how people just don't get the respec' that they deserve, as though they had done anything for it.

But as Brain in a Jar said, we're all brother and sisters in the Cube, all ready to lay down our all for the collective. For The People™. For The Children™. For the Greater Good™.

Oh shit. It's all for me and if you don't know that, get down and give me fifty.

Do you mean we're all equals, but you are more equal than others? Ofcourse, I shall respect the Peoples' hierarchy and assimilate the new idealogy. It is all about hope and change...and additional rations of beets now and then.

I am ready for you to tell me what to think and feel.

Who is this mime? Is it okay for me to be creeped out by mimes?

With all due respect and highest regards,
yours, faithfully,

Miss Pol Pot Pie.

Comrade Jack: We don't hate the left wing, or at least I don't... That's a very broad group and there are people who are 'left wingers' whom I love dearly... I don't hate anyone except my exhusband and he had to work reeeeaaallly hard for me to get past feeling sorry for him to hate... like be violent... that said, I hope you have a nice holiday.

G of P: I'm getting that message a lot too, but if I open a new window and look for the post, it's there... I don't know why I"m getting it, but my internet's been screwed up lately... as for Canuck, see: https://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index. ... e=20001031
There ARE some who believe it is derived from a Hawaiian word that somehow got to New England via the whalers, and others who think it is a bastardization of a Canadian First Nations word, but it was applied to Canadians by New Englanders originally, not by Canadians to themselves... but then there is even argument about whether it's derogatory, so WTF... call me anything, but don't call me late for breakfast...

Comrades... I probably won't be around much for the next week or so myself... Rosh Hashana started tonight, which means two days of eating too much, and then it's also Eid al-Fatir and I have to go to friends' for three or four nights, which means eating too much, and then it's Yom Kippur which means fasting (though not for me... can't with my meds so I'll be eating the minimum) and then breaking the fast by eating too much... which is sort of retarded cause I don't practice Judaism or Islam, but I have to make family and friends happy... and it IS really good food... heheheh...

But I also have a whack of doctor's appointments and pain management class and with the recliner delivered I'll be able to move home soon now that I have some place to sleep and I'm going to try to do that in the next week (though someone's coming to set up the wireless network at the apartment so I won't have to wait to use my wee computer)... but I have to clear up the crap that's accumulated while I've been convalescing at the folks'... and I just REALLY want to go home already... I still have to have the home nursing people come to the apartment to do an assessment but even if they won't book it for a couple weeks, I just want to get home... and today I found out that it's going to be six to eight weeks... maybe more.... before I can have that treatment for all the fractures, but I can't get it until the government says I can... so I just have to be patient and hope I don't do something dumb and fracture anything else... I have some new little ones in my feet and a couple in my ribs (which would explain why they've been a bit sore) and I've no idea what the hell I did but they said I can get them just sitting in a chair if I move the wrong way, so WTF... I can't not move... so again... good thing the computer is so light...

Anyway... I will try to check in, but I might not be able to for a few days... (I am pouting... it looks silly... )...
More soon
The Dolphin....

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:

sootechestvennik?

SMO

Yours,

CT

Ontario est la province
Toronto est la ville dans la province d'Ontario
Vive la difference.

Danke sehr, mon frere!

I have never studied French, but I have studied a language of a former French West African colony.

Ivan Betinov wrote:Traci, we are all brothers and sisters here at the Cube, siblings of the state, latched firmly onto the sacred nipple thereof.

Ahhh, the sacred teat...

I shall endeavor to discover what is the sacred teat. Is it central planning?

<character>
traci, just jump in. You've seen all the self-regarding douche bags huffing and puffing about how the world would be better if it paid attention to them and no one but them? Here's your chance. Roll up your sleeves and jump in.

Think of the Hollywood types all bubbling over with caring-n-compassion but in a rage if they don't get the right manicure. Just jump in.

Remember: if you're at the Cube, <i>it's all about you</i>.

And welcome. You'll enjoy it. It's your chance to be an utter shit without no consequences. Like, oh, a writer for the NYT.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:<character>
traci, just jump in. You've seen all the self-regarding douche bags huffing and puffing about how the world would be better if it paid attention to them and no one but them? Here's your chance. Roll up your sleeves and jump in.

Think of the Hollywood types all bubbling over with caring-n-compassion but in a rage if they don't get the right manicure. Just jump in.

Remember: if you're at the Cube, <i>it's all about you</i>.

And welcome. You'll enjoy it. It's your chance to be an utter shit without no consequences. Like, oh, a writer for the NYT.
Hollywood-type mimes and the New York Times: If their caring and compassion were my income, I'd be living in a refrigerator box under a bridge. :D

Commissar Theocritus wrote:...Remember: if you're at the Cube, <i>it's all about you</i>....

"All the world's a stage..."
Image So my Literature Professor was correct when she said that Shakespeare was really a communist...and Che was a lover.

She was old enough to know.

Comrade “Pul”
Tiglath-Pileser III
Over 2753 Years of Organizing Communities

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:Comrades... I probably won't be around much for the next week or so myself... Rosh Hashana started tonight, which means two days of eating too much, and then it's also Eid al-Fatir and I have to go to friends' for three or four nights, which means eating too much, and then it's Yom Kippur which means fasting (though not for me... can't with my meds so I'll be eating the minimum) and then breaking the fast by eating too much... which is sort of retarded cause I don't practice Judaism or Islam, but I have to make family and friends happy... and it IS really good food... heheheh...

SMO,

I hope it proves rewarding in all ways.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:<character>You'll enjoy it. It's your chance to be an utter shit without no consequences. Like, oh, a writer for the NYT.

Comrade Commissar Theocritus,

But, but, but, the New York Times is the paper of record. Record of what, I don't know. Maybe I'll go ask Jason Blair and Howell Raines. They're journalism professionals. They'll know.

Indeed. And CBS is the network of record. Dan Rather said that even if the Bush Administration couldn't possibly have written those documents that they were true in substance.

Ah. True in substance. How many things are true in substance.

I'm learning new party words. So far I have:

-beets- vodka-komrad -workers' paradise -five year plan-rations -shovel- re-education camp -burka -obamessiah - praise Lenin - central planning- and a thesaurus to look up butt- kissing adjectives...

Good, Komrad traci,

But don't forget the enemies of the state, the people's enemy, and the class enemies. Without internal and external enemies, the Party--and hence The State--would collapse.

Here is one to look up: кула́к (Kulak.)

In my mind, the Republicans in the House are kulaks.

Good luck on your re-educati[HIGHLIGHT=#00b0f0]o[/HIGHLIGHT]n, Komrad traci.

Comrade “Pul”
Tiglath-Pileser III

Tiglath-Pileser wrote:Good, Komrad traci,

But don't forget the enemies of the state, the people's enemy, and the class enemies. Without internal and external enemies, the Party--and hence The State--would collapse.

Here is one to look up: кула́к (Kulak.)

In my mind, the Republicans in the House are kulaks.

Good luck on your re-educati[HIGHLIGHT=#00b0f0]o[/HIGHLIGHT]n, Komrad traci.

Comrade “Pul”
Tiglath-Pileser III
Kulak. That's a good one. I'm thinking I ought to brush up on my sensitivity training. Do you recommend I read 'The Vagina Monologues'? If so, I shall join a Sister's Circle at my nearest Mosque.

traci wrote:I'm thinking I ought to brush up on my sensitivity training. Do you recommend I read 'The Vagina Monologues'? If so, I shall join a Sister's Circle at my nearest Mosque.

I stay on the correct side of the firing squad by never making recorded/written recommendations, unless it is officially sanctioned current truth.

So, best sensitivity training is watching Speaker Nancy's speeches on the Party Organ, MSNBC. (esp anything for the children)

Comrade “Pul”
Tiglath-Pileser III

Traci, welcome to the Cube. Forget the Vagina Monologues, unless like its author, you become unusually excited by the thought of Polar Bears.

Instead, you must become one of the Hussies, a member of the Holy Order of Brides of Obama. Click on this link for more details:

http://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=2056

You will feel tingles up your leg, and faint every time He hoves into your view, or His stentorian voice rings into your earshot, or the bouquet of His smelly feet (according to the Sacred Feminine Michelle Magdalene) wafts to your nostrils.

It's easy to join. You need will only take a sacred vow of poverty and obedience, giving Him all you have and letting Him into your heart, that He might take over your life.

YES WE CAN!

YES YOU WILL!