Bastiat’s Ideas Boiled Down To Cartoons

No time to learn French and read Claude Frederic Bastiat's works on natural rights, liberty, and free markets in the original? You can now get familiar with his ideas much faster through their cartoon representation, with a new e-book "Fred's Law" - an abridged, illustrated version of his 1850 book called "The Law."

This site has free downloads of in all formats - text, Kindle, PDF, Epub, HTML, etc.

Bastiat_Book.png

Now if Fred'd just do something similar with that crusty old "Constitution" the conservatives are always crowing about.

Oh. Wait. What do you mean, it IS already easy to read and understand and it explicitly spells out the legal limits set upon the federal government?

No way - we all know that the "Constitution" tells us all what rights the government has allowed us to have! Good grief.

By the way - Fred didn't write that.

Also btw - downloaded and link posted on Facebook :)

It can only be explained by a massive, global conspiracy of Evil.

Wait, there is no Devil, just like there is no God. There is some Good in Everyone. We just got to reform them and coax it out of them through proper education channels. Isn't that what the Party is for?

That's right, Comrade CDC,

It is a well established fact of history that Marxism has always brought out the good
in everyone fortunate enough to live under its influence.

[img]/images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

Where's my Maalox ?

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Now if Fred'd just do something similar with that crusty old "Constitution" the conservatives are always crowing about.

I know just what you mean. I can't fathom why the overwhelming majority of American people all those reich-wingers think the right to keep and bear arms means you have the right to keep and bear arms.

Mitt Romney: "This is the problem with president Obama's solutions: first, he declares something to be a broken window ... as in Bastiat's broken window fallacy. Then he diverts our hard earned money, or borrows money we'll have to pay back, and presumes to fix society's 'broken windows.'

"Back in 1850 Bastiat, on the small scale of a broken window, proved this doesn't help the economy but instead hurts the economy.

"Obama, on a large scale through his 'stimulus,' bail outs, and crony capitalism, proves that on the federal level this will turn the presidency into a power unto itself where demagogues and totalitarian impulses find free rein. And as we've witnessed over the last four years to our horror, does nothing to fix any problems whatsoever. It just makes things worse."

Obama: "Well, think about what the governor — think about what the governor just said. He said 'back in 1850 Bastiat proved.' That was back in 1850! In France! Their economy was on the verge of collapse, because they were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression, as a consequence of some of the same policies that Governor Romney's now promoting. So, it's conceivable that Governor Romney could fix things because with his policies, we might be in that same mess."

$.$. Halliburton wrote:
Obama: "Well, think about what the governor — think about what the governor just said. He said 'back in 1850 Bastiat proved.' That was back in 1850! In France! Their economy was on the verge of collapse, because they were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression, as a consequence of some of the same policies that Governor Romney's now promoting. So, it's conceivable that Governor Romney could fix things because with his policies, we might be in that same mess."
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I rarely am) this collapse of the French economy you mention was Bush's fault. At least that's what they taught us in the government public school I attended.

All history of any consequence began on August 4th, 1961.

Get that through your heads !