Media lucidity: Axe attack was not Islam, it's political

Afghan_Refugee_Germany_Axe_Attack.jpg
From Germany, Baden-Württemberg, the land of Swabians, funny dialect.

(and yep, Herr Gottlieb Daimler invented here the first automobile (1886), Herr Wilhelm Maybach cooperated, Ferdinand Graf von Zeppelin invented, well, Zeppelin (patented 1898), Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller and his poetry are of this land (late 18th century), Albert Einstein was born here (in Ulm, with its marvelous gothic Münster, the tallest church in the world, built over the years 1380 up to 1890), ... , and on a lighter note, Herr Boris Becker and Frau Steffi Graf are also from Swabia.)

Fast forward, zoom in — presser held here, right now :

... ja, 17 Jahre, a kid.
... nein, nein - not Syrian, Afghan.
... yep, here in Würzburg.
... yup, arrived a year ago, exactly.
... no, no, no - best care, center for juveniles, recently embedded in a Pflegefamilie, foster family.
... yeah, good prospects for apprenticeship.
... no no, very calm, balanced.
... well.. we assume radicalization, rapid radicalization.
... yes yes - within days, maybe just hours.

(... local train, toilet door opens, he arrives — ax and knife in hands — and Allah leads him to the first comer, a Chinese family on tour here in Germany, and Allah lets the ax and knife do His will, and makes the ax operator yell allahuaqbar, five people (those Chinese) wounded - four of them critically, train is emergency stopped, guy flees, attacks a passerby woman, next attacks policemen - they shoot him, in self-defense) (ISIS claims - already authenticated - the "victory")

... no no no no no, no ! _it was a politisch motivierte Tat, a politically motivated act, you see.

~
let's turn back on this lunacy, and have a look at grandeur of yore :

Schwabenland (lat. Sveviae), Anno Domini 1572 :

o yep, the big lake is Bodensee, Lake Constance.

(and with good - really good - eyes you can locate Stuttgart, ca. 100 miles north of Bodensee.)

How do you say "Allahu akbar" in Swabian? Muggeseggele?

Someone just posted a comment to this story on our Facebook:
I recently read a translation of Allahu Akbar as "my motive can not be determined"

Moreover, we need stronger axe controls NOW. The National Lumberjack Association must be declared to be a terrorist group.

My Our Beet Kollecktiv has just voted - Unanimously! - that All Non-Firearm-based instances of minor violations of the Public Peace by our Muslim neighbors MUST be Immediately Forgiven!

[Naturally, we - Unanimously! - also demand that Every Firearm incident that occurs anywhere in the world requires that ALL Amerikkkan Rethuglikans must be Totally Disarmed TODAY! - if not sooner...]

Red Square wrote:How do you say "Allahu akbar" in Swabian? Muggeseggele?
Muggeseggele, heheh - Red Squarle, des isch oi Widzboldle... (Witzbold = jokester, wisecracker).

Swabians (Schwaben, swab. Schwoba) are in their core bonhomous (+ very industrious1) people.
There is a plenty of folksy humorousness in their way of speaking, and in the form they tend, among others, to use diminutives, most often by appending -le. Say, Maus >> Mäusle (kinda mouse >> mousie).

So (were it not Islam-2000 we are dealing with), I imagine the schwäbisch "Allahu akbar" variant could be a good-natured, somewhat stoical :

ha jooo, des Allahle... wenn des Allahle kommd, noh musch au gleich akbarle no rufen.

kinda oh yep, that Allah'ie... come Allah'ie, you must'a yell aqbar'ie too.

1 very industrious, mind you, by German industriousness yardstick.

Add-on for Comrades : curious ? and no time for research ? here it comes :
Muggeseggele : one of those thousands of Swabian words. A "German-only" speaker can't even guess what's that. At best, he will assume "uh, south-Germany?" and if he is really good, point "ah, Swabia?".
Muggeseggele : means "pecker of a housefly". Used to describe anything minuscule, picayune, micro-sized. Like many other superb constructs of Swabian dialect, that housefly thingy is - of course - broadly known among Germans.

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:From Germany, Baden-Württemberg, the land of Swabians ...
wrote:... yep, here in Würzburg.
Re-education, Dummkopf, pure and simple :

Würzburg.2.(600).jpg
Administratively, Würzburg is of course in Bavaria. Sentimentally (read Dummkopf-mentally) it's in Baden-Württemberg. I lived for a decade in Ba-Wü (Stuttgart, ...), and Würzburg was for me just "still Swabia", that's it. (now, as I live in Bavaria, I'm hugely proud of our beautiful Würzburg here, you bet.) (and seriously - Würzburg is a magnificent, history loaded city.)

<off>
The world of the Cube grows smaller every day! Würzburg was the "big city" shopping trip for us, I was assigned to a tiny airstrip in Illesheim, near Bad Windshiem for 18 months...beautiful countryside, great people. Searched diligently for a bad German beer or table wine, I failed miserably.

wrzb.jpg

I've heard very good reviews about the local pilsner... Although I am a fan of the Czech pilsner beers (hard to admit as a Belgian; our abbey-style brews remain the best in the world of course. My favourite American brews are Samuel Adams and Blue Point, just love the hoppy amber stuff...).

Too bad our grand children will never drink beer, because the Kalief will prohibit it... Never mind, it is a decadent waste of grain anyway, better used to feed the proletarian masses!

Swabia... reminds me of one of our student songs:

Auf die Schwäbse eisenbahne! Do you know this Dummkopf?

https://germanrail.fr.yuku.com/topic/83 ... 4-nNvmLTIU

Time for a new, Korrekt version:

Auf de schwäbsche Eisebahne (On the Swabian Railway)

On the Swabian railway, lots of axes along the way,
Stuttgart, Ulm and Biberach, Meckebeure, Durlesbach.
Nothing at all to do with Islam!

Minitrue wrote:Swabia... reminds me of one of our student songs:

Is that the korrekted lyrics of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall?

Intrigued (Illesheim, uh, until now not on my radar), I googled a bit, ha jooo...
hah - beautiful, Middle Franconia! ach ja, so so - Storck Barracks... and (among many) this :

Bad-Windsheim.(Illesheim.Storck-Barracks).jpg
(of course, google provides a quickie overflight)

P.S. and, Texazistani Ivan, heartfelt respect & thanks for your service - Illesheim and elsewhere.
( Stakhanovets that you are, you certainly did 350% norm, routinely J )

Minitrue wrote:... Auf die Schwäbse eisenbahne! Do you know this Dummkopf? ... [and] a new, Korrekt Version ...
ach, learning never stops...

(J yup, know ..de schwäbsche Eisebahne, albeit not via childhood - my family roots being Schläsch, not Schwäbisch.) (Schläsch, but I speak Hochdeutsch only - and why so, that's another story.)

A classic in Schläsch starts this way :

Wänn w'r wann ai a himm'l kumma
hoot d' ploogh a Ünd g'numa ma.
Hopsa hopsa riiw'r an niiw'r,
gimm'r a Guschla
Ich gaa d'rsch wiid'r, hopsasa.

and it translates one-to-one amazingly smoothly
into most equal imperialistic Anglo-Saxon :

When we in the heaven come
then the grind is fin'lly done.
Hopsa hopsa to and fro,
gimme a peck
I give it you back, hopsasa.

of which the newest variant is :

When we to the shaytan (إبليس‎‎) jump
then we toiling™ fin'lly dump.
Hopsa hopsa [the bombie/axie/knifie pops up] to and fro,
gimme a [whatever bombie & Co is up to]
I never give it you back, hopsasa [jumps to shaytan].

(the musically oriented can listen the Bauernhimmel - Heaven of peasants.)

Captain Craptek wrote:
Minitrue wrote:Swabia... reminds me of one of our student songs:

Is that the korrekted lyrics of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall?

Is this a drinking song? I love drinking songs! because the more I drink, the more I drink.......

Genosse Dummkopf wrote:
Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:<off> ... a tiny airstrip in Illesheim, near Bad Windsheim ...
Intrigued (Illesheim, uh, until now not on my radar), I googled a bit, ha jooo...
hah - beautiful, Middle Franconia! ach ja, so so - Storck Barracks... and (among many) this :

Bad-Windsheim.(Illesheim.Storck-Barracks).jpg
(of course, google provides a quickie overfly)

P.S. and, Texazistani Ivan, heartfelt respect & thanks for your service - Illesheim and elsewhere.
( Stakhanovets that you are, you certainly did 350% norm, routinely J )
[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img] Indeed, it was beautiful. Our housing was right next to the perimeter fence, and just across the fence? Ahhh, yes... the local Kompostplatz. Especially memorable during summertime...

In troubling times we need to turn to the voice of reason. Hateful tropes vs. the Current Truth.

"This is a volatile and testing century - there's no time for exaggerated claims."

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:... Ahhh, yes... the local Kompostplatz. Especially memorable during summertime...
ja ja, aber this was good for dse Umwelt, our Environment, ja ?

(German green-mania started in the early 80s, benign firstly ; it got rabid only since the mid 90s, for sure in parallel with Rio-1992 and its bastard, Agenda 21 ; so, you were lucky — I guess — to have Kompost only, not yet with that additional stink of Umweltaktivismus.)

Axe not what you can do for your country, axe for what you can do for ... islam?

Hammer and Loupe wrote:Axe not what you can do for your country, axe for what you can do for ... islam?
The korrekt version excludes any negation. In both instances, the answer is "axe":

Axe what Islam can do for you! Axe what you can do for Islam!

... and now München (again). starts looking like the "new normal" for Dshermani.

... finally lucidity : 'twas the Breivik video. move along, move along folks, allahuaqbar.

so, the perp used a pseudo — Selina Akim.

That clearly indicates Breivik : what follows ‘A' ? it's ‘B', korrekt ? then, there is ‘e' and the two ‘i', ok ? now, ‘Selina' : some people can't pronounce ‘r', they plonounce ‘l', kollekt ? so we have ‘r' ; then, ‘s' is close to ‘v' in Latin alphabet, isn't it ? and ‘k' — in ‘Akim'. B-r-e-i-v-i-k, BINGO !!!

au weia, Sonntag... day-in-100-seconds, German pendant of MSNBC (100% on taxpayer dime) :

(1) Attack in Ansbach, Bavaria (bipedal bomb, music festival), (2) about Munich killer : accomplice investigated (attack systematically prepared), (3) attack in Reutlingen, Ba-Wü (Swabia) (machete, Syrian migrant), (4) Türkiye (torture, rapes in prison), (5,6,7) blah-blah-blah on sport.

(8) und nun schönen Abend (have a nice evening).

Minitrue wrote:... Too bad our grand children will never drink beer, because the Kalief will prohibit it... Never mind, it is [highlight=#ffff00]a decadent waste of grain anyway, better used to feed the proletarian masses![/highlight]
hoppla, hoppla, Herr Minitrue! you whad? you denounce Ethanol? grain-based Ethanol??
you zhink Klimaerwärmung aka Global Warming is a Pipifax?

zhat it goes away like Batyushka Stalin? RRRaus from zhe Mausoleum, zhe Lenin-Mausoleum, and RRRein to zhe Kremlmauer, aka Kremlin Wall ?

You better not zhink zhat CO2 is Lachgas, "laughing gas", ja? or else...
(in hoppla di-hopp mode, tell ya)

(zhey vill make you green,
von Kopf bis Fuß,
head to toe,
in a jiffy!)

<prog off>I and my family were also stationed at Illisheim in '91-'93 with the 5/229 Apache Bde. (I think it changed names after arrival there after our stint in Desert Storm) We lived on the economy in Burgbernheim above the landlords in a gorgeous three bedroom home. The first Christkindlemart we ever attended was in Wuerzburg and it stated to snow...magical. Gluehwine! We volksmarched all over Schwabia. The only Muslims we saw back then were the imported Turkish laborers and their women who were putzfraus (cleaning ladies). We never had an inkling that Germany would some day become the leader of the Eurabia movement. What a priceless loss to Western culture.

Obviously we need some new verses for the Schnitzelbank song to help Muslim lumberjack immigrants learn the difference between Chinese tourists and trees.

schnitzelbanksong.jpg

Ist das nicht ein Baum und Wald?
chinesefamily.jpg
Nein, das nicht ein Baum und Wald.