Groundhog Day in Texazistan

Here in Central Texazistan, we celebrate groundhog day differently. If the jackrabbit sees his shadow, we get six more months of drought...

IMAG0108-1.jpg
And yes, I took this photo with my Obamaphone...

I thought that today was the day in which the residents of Washington DC, rolls the stone aside and Ted Kennedy climbs out of his hole to witness his shadow. A day poised to provoke deep thoughts as well as shooting waddling bands of Mariachi Republicans with tranquilizer darts, fitting them with radio collars and releasing then back into the halls of Congress.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Here in Central Texazistan, we celebrate groundhog day differently. If the jackrabbit sees his shadow, we get six more months of drought...

Then shooting rodent the day before with Mosin-Nagant of great accuracy, so as to prevent seeing shadow. Plant counter-revolutionary rabbit under bluebonnet field.

This 1968 Joe Friday's message feels like the Groundhog Day movie. Decades have passed and nothing has changed, except the clothes. And also maybe now the police will be reprimanded and/or suspended for talking like this.