I denouce the greedy Turkish Tomato Farmer

Turkish Tomato Farmer, you are fiendish and greedy because you are an exploiting capitalist and I am glad now you pay like the the shirker you are!

The Batak Plains in Çanakkale, in western Turkey, was once a tomato-production hub. Today, as input costs surge and tomato prices plummet, nearly all farmers are heavily indebted to banks. Whole families are being put in prison or are living under the threat of arrest as they cannot pay their debts.

tomato.jpg
Last edited by Comrade Whoopie on 9/18/2010, 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason for editing this post: Links expire, paste a short blurb and photo from the linked story instead.

Sounds like a rehash of what happened to the American farmer between 1974 and 1985.

I started out with my father's 400 acre ranch 100% paid for and debt free in 1971.

I worked my ever living butt off and by 1980, I was $135,000 in debt.
Paid up to 24% interest rate on that during the Cahtah years. The costs for everything tripled in the early '70's due to the "gas shortage". At the same time, the price I got for what I produced went DOWN.

By 1985, property values had plummeted at least 75%. Everything I owned was worth less than the debt- BROKE.

And that's when the ex-wife ran off with a 500 pound truck driver, abandoning me with 3 kids. Then they sued me for a huge divorce settlement. No fault divorce yanno.

And then a world of crap after that- she sued me over and over until no lawyer would take her case on commission anymore. Then she started calling CPS on me about twice a year, until they wrote her complaints off as utterly insane.

This is how a guy develops a heck of an attitude.

The Batak Plains in Çanakkale, in western Turkey, was once a tomato-production hub. Today, as input costs surge and tomato prices plummet, nearly all farmers are heavily indebted to banks. Whole families are being put in prison or are living under the threat of arrest as they cannot pay their debts

I must say those Muslims know how to handle poverty and keep their welfare expenses low. Haven't these people heard of farm subsidies?

farm.jpg

We have much to learn from our new islamofacist enlightened and insane reasonable Muslim overlords. The peoples Obamunist Banking Collective must be provided with the full terror power that our horrible hand chopping ba^B^B^B^B^B^B glorious Turkish brothers wield.

ThePeoplesComrade wrote:
The Batak Plains in Çanakkale, in western Turkey, was once a tomato-production hub. Today, as input costs surge and tomato prices plummet, nearly all farmers are heavily indebted to banks. Whole families are being put in prison or are living under the threat of arrest as they cannot pay their debts

I must say those Muslims know how to handle poverty and keep their welfare expenses low. Haven't these people heard of farm subsidies?

farm.jpg

Attitude is everything, Comrade. I applaud your seizure of the only crumb of sustenance left to you by these ravenous wolves and denounce your ex as a leech and a traitor to the revolution.

Vladimir_Scratchanitch wrote:Sounds like a rehash of what happened to the American farmer between 1974 and 1985.

I started out with my father's 400 acre ranch 100% paid for and debt free in 1971.

I worked my ever living butt off and by 1980, I was $135,000 in debt.
Paid up to 24% interest rate on that during the Cahtah years. The costs for everything tripled in the early '70's due to the "gas shortage". At the same time, the price I got for what I produced went DOWN.

By 1985, property values had plummeted at least 75%. Everything I owned was worth less than the debt- BROKE.

And that's when the ex-wife ran off with a 500 pound truck driver, abandoning me with 3 kids. Then they sued me for a huge divorce settlement. No fault divorce yanno.

And then a world of crap after that- she sued me over and over until no lawyer would take her case on commission anymore. Then she started calling CPS on me about twice a year, until they wrote her complaints off as utterly insane.

This is how a guy develops a heck of an attitude.

Stalin knew how to deal with these kulaks...Holodomor

I hope dearest fearless Leader will take this under advisement from His advisor's. We must keep a cap on these greedy farmers. There's nothing worse the glutting the world with an overabundance of foodary. After all, that would seem to be just the opposite of what Mama MO is demandingasking.

Now, anyone for a fried green tomato?

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:I hope dearest fearless Leader will take this under advisement from His advisor's. We must keep a cap on these greedy farmers. There's nothing worse the glutting the world with an overabundance of foodary. After all, that would seem to be just the opposite of what Mama MO is demandingasking.

Now, anyone for a fried green tomato?

I have heard . . . that people may become dependent on us for food. I know that was not supposed to be good news. To me that was good news, because before people can do anything they have got to eat. And [highlight=#ffff00]if you are looking for a way to get people to lean on you and to be dependent on you, in terms of their cooperation with you, it seems to me that food dependence would be terrific[/highlight]." -Sen. Hubert H. Humphrey, in naming P.L. 480 the "Food for Peace" program, Wall Street Journal, May 7, 1982.

Imagethis is what the most gracious and kind Mama MO is wanting to prevent. Food consumption must be controlled and who better to control our food addiction than benevolent regimegovernment?
"Mama MO to the Rescue!"

Vladimir_Scratchanitch wrote: I have heard . . . that people may become dependent on us for food. I know that was not supposed to be good news. To me that was good news, because before people can do anything they have got to eat. And [highlight=#ffff00]if you are looking for a way to get people to lean on you and to be dependent on you, in terms of their cooperation with you, it seems to me that food dependence would be terrific[/highlight]." -Sen. Hubert H. Humphrey, in naming P.L. 480 the "Food for Peace" program, Wall Street Journal, May 7, 1982.
Glorious Progressive Thought ™ does not change. We need to control the proletariat. To many of us Comrade Humphrey was the Messiah who got away. The country was just not ready for his enlightenment.

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:this is what the most gracious and kind Mama MO is wanting to prevent. Food consumption must be controlled and who better to control our food addiction than benevolent regimegovernment?
"Mama MO to the Rescue!"

I help down-trodden proles who are in trouble with Children's Protective Services- who kidnap the kids, putting them in state custody, and doping them out of their heads in order to fraudulently collect the Federal funding streams.

Fat kids are a real problem for the Nanny state.

fat_kids.jpg