Iranian Mullahs

Iranian Islam is the Shizlam! In an op-ed appearing on the Jerusalem Post's website, Lily Mazerherv describes the "temporary marriage" phenomenon that is sweeping Iran:

Even more astonishing, Iran's new Islamic-guided government has established a system of legalized prostitution, through the practice of "sigheh" or "temporary marriages," by which a mullah arranges a "legal union" between a man and a girl (some as young as nine years old) for a fee. The so-called marriage can last anywhere from one hour [emphasis mine] to 99 years. Under this system, men are free to enter into as many temporary marriages as they so desire, without having any legal obligation or responsibility toward the women and children that they "marry" only to use as sexual objects and slaves.

<character off>

How novel. I'm sure Western feminist radicals, however, will choose to ignore "The Silent Screams of Women and Girls" (the title of Mazerherv's op-ed) that are emanating from the Land of Sharia.

I can hear it know: "That's it, bitch, the hour's up; we're officially divorced. Put your burqa back on and get the hell out of my suite - I'm marrying your older sister in a half hour. And after I divorce her, I might want to remarry you, so don't wander off too far."

<character on>

Dr. W. S. Palimpsest wrote:I can hear it know: "That's it, bitch, the hour's up; we're officially divorced. Put your burqa back on and get the hell out of my suite - I'm marrying your older sister in a half hour. And after I divorce her, I might want to remarry you, so don't wander off too far."
Oh, but in your heart of hearts, as a white male ice person, didn't you ever wish to say just that right in your ex's face?

As a progressive professor I think you have a job requirement to have at least 3 or 4 ex-spouces with whom you are on an on-an-off basis, rotating them sporadically, having make-up sex with all 4 of them (individually or collectively, with or without drugs involved) at different times in a matter of maybe one or two days? Such a lifestyle is a pre-requisite for maintaining a healthy progressive mindset of emotional disarray and uncertainty, which in combination with historical revisionism and moral relativity applied to your personal affairs, prevents you from settling down and developing a bourgeois disposition for conservative values.

In the bigoted Amerikkkan society such a lifestyle is looked down upon, while in open and unbigoted Islamic societies you behavior would be a norm! Who are we to criticize them then and impose our Western values on their cultures? They are so far ahead of us in progressive morality, it's just scary.

Hands off Iran!
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for President in '08!

Are these marriages confined to only human spouses?

Good point, Betty. Perhaps a one-week rental agreement for an appliance at Home Depot is roughly an equivalent for an Islamic marriage license in Iran.

Red Square wrote:As a progressive professor, I think you have a job requirement to have at least 3 or 4 ex-spouses...

You are quite correct, Comrade Red, I have exactly three former spouses. I left the first two for hotter, younger devotees to our cause. (Good thing I had sense enough to have ironclad pre-nups, lest I lose the Davenport Bank fortune. I don't think our Iranian fellow travelers have to worry about pre-nups - lucky bastards!) The third, however, left me, as I've previously noted, for a Che lookalike. It didn't really work out for them, and, yes, ex-3 and I have had a tryst or two since she and Che-boy parted ways.

I'm thinking it's about time for the Party to throw a key party. A little spouse swapping would be the perfect way to reinforce, in our fellow comrades, the notion of collective ownership!

Red Square wrote:Good point, Betty. Perhaps a one-week rental agreement for an appliance at Home Depot is roughly an equivalent for an Islamic marriage license in Iran.
I just got home from the supermarket cause they got this rental stand there... I put on a kaffiyah, an Abbaya, and took a magic marker to my face... You can rent a carpet steamer for $27.95 a day (shampoo extra), but from Monday to Wednesday, you get a two days for the price of one... I just wish I didn't have to go in Ayatollah drag to get the divorce... I hate the way an AK-47 makes my hips look bigger...

I just rented/married a new log splitter for the weekend. We will be working extensively on how to breed her/him/it with a guillotine to create the best former French execution device ever (and a loving life partner)!

So, basically what you're saying is that you're considering having female circumcision as well?

Ok, I've been doing some thinking and have determined that we must convince the mullahs to allow "quicky marriages", which would last only three to five minutes. Just think about the Iranian male on his lunchbreak, or between prayer sessions.

Red Square wrote:Such a lifestyle is a pre-requisite for maintaining a healthy progressive mindset of emotional disarray and uncertainty, which in combination with historical revisionism and moral relativity applied to your personal affairs, prevents you from settling down and developing a bourgeois disposition for conservative values.

In the bigoted Amerikkkan society such a lifestyle is looked down upon, while in open and unbigoted Islamic societies you behavior would be a norm! Who are we to criticize them then and impose our Western values on their cultures? They are so far ahead of us in progressive morality, it's just scary.
I've had a revelation... I've been looking at this all the wrong way, stuck as I am in my western female mindset without the benefit of historical revisionism and moral relativity necessary to break out of my fixed point of view... (Thank you again, Red, for expressing it so succinctly)... ... .. that if I were a ten-year-old-community-bride-by-the-hour-waiting-for-my-brothers-to-
reach-the-point-where-they-decided-I-had-become-a-blight-on-my-
family's-reputation-and-so-had-to-be-stoned-to-death I think I would opt for female circumcision too... And here all this time I thought it was a barbaric mutilation designed to make women nothing more than glory holes and baby-making machines. But really... it's freeing... Who the F**K would want to have any sensation down there anyway, given the prospect of being handed around like a... well... like a ten-year-old Iranian girl... or a camel, for that matter... though one would never circumcise a female camel... they're worth too much! Cut it off... just cut it all the hell off... hell... amputate my body from the waist down and take it with you... I don't want it... really...

It's all so clear when one looks at it from within a closed circle of reasoned and internally consistent logic without the necessity of context... And yet again, Red, as you say, who am I to criticize an ages old practise and impose my western cultural values (and female values, no less... an oxymoron, really)... When you understand that they WANT it gone... and WHY!!! It's just cruel not to...

Let's just send a shipment of plastic twats to Iran and air-drop them....hell who needs to be married for 10 minutes?

Field Marshal, I understand how ridiculous a 10-minute marriage may seem, but it would be utterly sacrilegious for a Muslim man of good faith to engage in coital relations with a debased woman without Allah's assent as granted via the agent between heaven and earth known as The Mullah. Furthermore, as the op-ed above relates, the mullahs charge fees for every marriage they perform and the revenue generated from the conveyor belt of matrimonial bliss can then be used by Iran's government to fund such charitable organizations as Hezbollah and Hamas.

Rumor has it that Tehran already boasts a Vegas-style wedding mosque with an Elvis-impersonating mullah. Via Las Vegas!

And think of the women. If not for 10-minute marriages their families would have to kill them because that's just the way their culture is. So this is actually very empowering for the women involved.

Margaret Dear,
I think you mean, "If not for 10-minute marriages their families would have to kill them sooner."

I'm thrilled to see you taking on vocab words like "EMPOWER". There'll be a pop quiz at the end of class on Thursday. If you do well, then in class on Friday you get... something Uncle $.$. hasn't given you yet... new cheerleading pom poms or something.

teeheehee
S.M.O.

Could those 10-minure marriages result in the spreading of veneral diseases? We demand a taxpayer-funded humanitarian shipment of Lysol hygiene products to Iran pronto! A massive rally in DC is in order. "Suggested slogans: Sponges, Not Bombs!" "Hands Off!"

NEWLYWEDS ARE REQUIRED TO WASH THEIR HANDS!

NEWLYWEDS ARE REQUIRED TO WASH THEIR HANDS!

And their minds with the new Peoples Brainwash! The only product that completely cleanses the mind of any kkkapitalist thoughts.

Red Square wrote:Could those 10-minure marriages result in the spreading of veneral diseases? [/b]
Image NEWLYWEDS ARE REQUIRED TO WASH THEIR HANDS!
Are we supposed to gargle with it, drink it, or...?

Sister Massively Opiated wrote:
Red Square wrote:Could those 10-minure marriages result in the spreading of veneral diseases? [/b]
Image NEWLYWEDS ARE REQUIRED TO WASH THEIR HANDS!
Are we supposed to gargle with it, drink it, or...?

Our great Soviet doctors have said that the Lysol is to be used in the female oriface in which sexual intercourse is preformed, and any other surface that makes contact with the male sex organ. Thus, you are protected from disease.

We brought this up a few years later...

Pimp My Mosque: Speech Codes of the East and West

First published in PJ Media
By Oleg Atbashian

[...]