Kevin's Cult Groupthink!

Comrades in the USSA! As you approach the glorious November revolution, it may be time to consider the variety of groupthinks, summits, talk-fests and committees to be formed by your new leader, to give The People the illusion of improvement an explosion of feelgood progressivism!

If you need ideas, look no further than down under where Chairman Kevin launched his 47th and most public forum yet; The 2020 Summit.

This is the perfect model of the progressive groupthink, with a celebration of The Best And Brightest ™ journalists, script writers, comedians, potty-mouthed youth radio announcers, actors, prostitutes, green groups and artists gathered in glorious taxpayer-funded orgy of ideas, ideas and ideas. More money for the arts? Check. Want to talk about doing something about Global Warming? Check. Want to "end disadvantage"? Check. Want to "be able to dream"? Check. Want to get the ideas reduced to vapid t-shirt cliches? Check. Hope? Change? Check.

Want to be a part of bringing up all the same re-hashed crap ideas pre-determined by Chairman Kev and The Party fresh, new, revolutionary ideas to draw attention to yourself be a pioneer of Hope and Change? Check.

And all packaged in a glossy conference where your Chairman Prime Minister can chase celebrity autographs. Or in your case, where BHO can be surrounded by swooning, fainting womyn. As a hand-selected summiteer, you will be guaranteed to emerge to smiling, adoring, cheering masses.

Get the jump for the post-November revolution, get on the list of your Best And Brightest ™ now, put your ideas together, bring your whiteboard, a marker, (autograph book), hope and a desire for change.

Sounds like fun. Will there be free giveaways?

"....in the Great Hall, with a standing ovation for Rudd from the chosen 1002, with a few honourable exceptions."

Comrade Beelzebub, did you get these names? I presume you have... What was your response?

Premier Betty wrote:Sounds like fun. Will there be free giveaways?

NO!!! Only T-shirts. And autographs of the cultural elite celebrities. That should be more than enough. You can always sell them to adoring proles or swap them for beet rations.

Commissar Pupovich wrote:"....in the Great Hall, with a standing ovation for Rudd from the chosen 1002, with a few honourable exceptions."

Comrade Beelzebub, did you get these names? I presume you have... What was your response?

My minions are working on getting names, with orders that "Brendon Nelson" isn't enough- he doesn't count as he's completely innocuous. It must have been the people who didn't get t-shirts. Or it could have been one or two of this apparently massive group of neo-cons stifling debate and suppressing progressive opinion under Howard's fourth reich. There weren't any Jooz there, thank Gore, since Chairman Kev made it the same weekend as Passover.

It is refreshing Comrade Beelzebub, that both down under and up here in the states, we are both progressing ever leftward! And here it was I always thought things went counter-revolutionwise down under!

Commissar Pupovich wrote:It is refreshing Comrade Beelzebub, that both down under and up here in the states, we are both progressing ever leftward! And here it was I always thought things went counter-revolutionwise down under!

A common misconception Comrade Puppo!! Although the water does swirl counter-revolution-wise as we flush all dissent down the loo and dispose of the sewerage of neo-con opinion.

I went to the 2020 Summit's official website and was moved, Comrade Brown - MOVED. You Comrades are so far ahead of us in smashing capitalism, individualism and freedom that I am... I... (pulls out tissues and wipes away tears)... I am just so moved, Comrade Brown. I am just so moved right now (blows nose).

The Youth Summit -- and the video at the bottom which is HILARIOUS -- was by far my fav. I suggest everyone views the video... and I mean everyone.

http://www.australia2020.gov.au/youth/index.cfm

I too am moved in a most unnatural way Chairman.

"That you are ready to create a more co-operative and less competitive society. That you're prepared to show us how to live in a more communitarian and less individualistic society. That you know how to put material values in their place. That you know how to think globally but act locally."

Comrade Lenin couldn't have said it better. Wait,,,Yes, he said it much better, but it is good to see those progressive down under are heeding his voice.

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:I went to the 2020 Summit's official website and was moved, Comrade Brown - MOVED. You Comrades are so far ahead of us in smashing capitalism, individualism and freedom

Thank you Comrade Punchenko! We aren't all natives living in trees and eating witchety grubs. Sadly those days are not yet with us, but so help me they will be soon.

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote: TheYouth Summit -- and the video at the bottom which is HILARIOUS -- wasby far my fav. I suggest everyone views the video... and I mean everyone.
http://www.australia2020.gov.au/youth/index.cfm

Yes. Listening to Julia Gillard speak is quite amusing. Her simple, working class dialect is one that we will hopefully be enforcing throughout all of down under.

Sadly the ecstasy of the 2020 summit may have died down and many citizens have returned to their post-Howard depression. Hopefully soon we'll hand out stacks of cash to victimised aborigines to get the endorphins flowing again.

I have to agree with the first speaker. This is indeed merely the tip of the arseberg.