Life in Cuba exposed in rare video

From a post by Carlos Eire on BabaluBlog

Cuba is known for its bright and colorful scenery, joyful people, and vibrant social scene-basically, everything countries in the Caribbean embody. But behind all that curtain is a heartbreaking picture of oppression and desolation.

Store.jpg

Sixty years ago, communists seized power over Cuba. While the media portrays the country to be a luxurious tourist spot, the reality is much worse.

In 2019, a team of four Turning Point USA producers took a trip to Cuba to see whether the glamorous social media photos showing happy citizens were real. They came home to America with one stern warning.

It's all a lie.

The country, which is presented online as a replica of its 1950s Caribbean life, is now suffering from stagnation, poverty, famine, and other social issues.
People have to wait for an hour, sometimes more, to fill their gas tanks. The cars sit under the sweltering heat, with some literally pushing their vehicles along the line because they ran out of gas while waiting.

Citizens often rush inside grocery stores, only to find an entire row stocked with one brand of garbanzo beans. The only meat option they have is pre-packaged burger patties. There are no fresh fruit, no fresh vegetables, no fresh meat, not even different food options.

Conchita.jpg

All food is rationed and provided by the government. With no access to healthy, fulfilling food, Cuban people are struggling to provide the necessities they need to feed their families.

Once again, Cuba is not a theme park located in the Caribbean!

Documentary: Everything You've Seen About Cuba is a Lie

[OFF]

I posted this video as part of a previous topic.

Notice how, in the beginning of the video, there are plenty of ashtrays in the display case to buy. Later on, look at the people queuing for food. And notice the suplus of toilet stopcocks after. Finally, around the 2 minute, 15 second mark, his travel partner's interview with a Cuban provides a slamming indictment of Communism.

As for this gent walking around and seeming to have a good time, he's been to dozens of countries, a lot of them severely impoverished Eastern European ones. Poverty and shortage on this level doesn't faze him anymore. He's British too, and is old enough to have been brought up with the once-signature British Stiff Upper Lip.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:[OFF]

He's wrong, you know. At the end of the video. It wasn't a revolution. There wasn't a Cuban revolution. It was a revolt against Batista. Cubans were led to believe they were going to have a free constitutional government. Castro betrayed the revolt and never allowed that to happen.

Karl Marx Treatment Center wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:[OFF]

He's wrong, you know. At the end of the video. It wasn't a revolution. There wasn't a Cuban revolution. It was a revolt against Batista. Cubans were led to believe they were going to have a free constitutional government. Castro betrayed the revolt and never allowed that to happen.

[OFF]

I'll have you know he isn't 100% wrong, he just goes with the mainstream opinion, or local opinion. It's an instinct he's evolved, mainly so that he doesn't get killed or harassed.

He also travels to so many countries in such short periods that he just doesn't have the time or energy to devote to this sort of historical research. He's also more interested in seeing the country as it is, wherever he goes, rather than its' history. He familiarises himself with the basic, mainstream history to give some background context, and then gets his boots on the ground. I say this as a 2+ year subscriber to his channel.

Cut the bloke some slack, he's a good guy. I'm sure that if he were presented with this fact, he would revise his opinions. His life is just too fast-paced to get that deep into the analysis.

Captain Craptek wrote:.
Excess facts only distort the truth.

Rodent cousins never let the facts get in the way of what rodent cousins think...be they mythical - or not.

'pelipsky