Newspeak is alive and well...

Just for a lark, I applied for a paypal credit card. Well much as I expected I was turned down. What struck me as funny is the language used in the denial. Truly the equal comrade who wrote this has a glorious future in the Obama administration.

In evaluating your request, a credit scoring system was used that meets the detailed standards for such systems set out in the regulation implementing the provisions of the Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act. This system assign a point value to various items of information which, taken together, have been demonstrated to predict the statistical probability that a consumer will pay in accordance with the terms of the transaction requested. The points obtained for each factor or characteristic considered by the scoring system were added together and you did not achieve the approval score assigned by the system. Since each category scored by the system contributed to the total score, no individual factor was solely responsible for your score being less than the approved score. Nevertheless, the factor(s) where you did not score well compared with other consumers have been determined and these factor(s) were:

INSUFFICIENT CREDIT HISTORY ON FILE

The fact that a consumer does not achieve the minimum approval score required by the system does not constitute an adverse reflection on the consumer, but only represents our experience, on an overall statistically basis, with the various factors scored by the system.

This is truly an equal bit of writing!

Isn't there an ACORN branch in the PPC of Obama (left coast) that can argue about your NEED for credit on PayPal?

Love the DoubleSpeak. It makes nothing clear except that nobody is to blame- not even you. It's "the system". DAMNIT!! The Man always tryin' to keep you down!

I bought a TV from Sears. Had the cash, but went to apply for one of their store cards to take advantage of 180 days without interest. Why not let the $$ sit in my bank drawing interest for 5 more months and then pay it off at the end? I had a 730 credit score at that time, and I got "declined." I paid with my 10k limit Chase Platinum to get the points, and then paid it off that month instead.

LOL, perhaps my problem Commissar is that I don't NEED credit, simply WANTED it. But since nobody is in fact to blame for this, only "the system" I can still feel better at myself, and still cast my dozen or so votes for the next democrat who comes along who promises to fix "the system."

The force is strong within you, Obamissar 7.62. Remember, by not being given credit, that credit became available for someone else. You lost, they gained. Doesn't that make you feel better? Certainly helping someone who can't/won't pay their bills to get credit (because of his NEED) is better than taking care of your WANTS, isn't it?

Commissar Obamissar V wrote:The force is strong within you, Obamissar 7.62. Remember, by not being given credit, that credit became available for someone else. You lost, they gained. Doesn't that make you feel better? Certainly helping someone who can't/won't pay their bills to get credit (because of his NEED) is better than taking care of your WANTS, isn't it?

Ahh my package stimulates at such a clear description of NewReality(TM). I think I feel so good about this, I'm going to dig a double shift of beets, as I am currently capable of more for the state in my present state of Party approved euphoria.