Obama Complains to Fake News Site About Fake News

obama-complains-fake-news.jpg
[/url]

The Day After: Obama on His Legacy, Trump's Win and the Path Forward

One of the challenges that we've been talking about now is the way social media and the Internet have changed what people receive as news.

Good journalism continues to this day. There's great work done in Rolling Stone. The challenge is people are getting a hundred different visions of the world from a hundred different outlets or a thousand different outlets, and that is ramping up divisions.

It's making people exaggerate or say what's most controversial or peddling in the most vicious of insults or lies, because that attracts eyeballs.
rolling-stone-jackie.jpg
[/url]

Rolling Stone's non-apology for the fake news article about the "rape epidemic on campuses."

ImageThe man responsible for publishing one of the greatest media hoaxes in recent memory thinks it might be a good idea if the government provided the press with subsidies to help it fight fake news.

Jann S. Wenner is the co-founder and publisher of Rolling Stone magazine, which published a story on Nov. 19, 2014, alleging that "Jackie," a student at the University of Virginia, had been gang-raped as part of a fraternity initiation.

The report was proven to be totally false, however, and "Jackie" a wild fabulist, but not before UVA suspended the fraternity and the university itself suffered a major blow to its reputation.

Wenner defended the since-retracted story and its author, Sabrina Rubin Erdely, right up to the bitter end.

In the same Rolling Stone article:

The challenge is, the technology is moving so fast that it's less an issue of traditional media losing money. The New York Times is still making money. NPR is doing well. Yeah, it's a nonprofit, but it has a growing audience.
I listened to NPR just yesterday, and while announcing of the next segment, the anchor said, as far as I can remember, "We'll look at the concerns and fears Israeli citizens have because Trump was elected, especially considering his anti-Semitic rhetoric during his rallies."

First, I have a good friend, a former classmate, who lives in Israel, and we spoke last week over the phone, talking about Trump among other things. According to my friend, most Israelis are happy that Trump won. Some are vocal about it; others mostly keep it to themselves, but they are happy. The only Israelis who are unhappy about Trump are the leftist radicals, who are just as much of a plague in Israel as they are in the U.S. - and the only kind NPR usually talks to.

So the first part of that statement was a lie.

Second, Trump has never uttered anything remotely anti-Semitic during his rallies or anytime else. If he had, wouldn't it be instantly multiplied by the adverse media in a never-ending flood of soundbites, images, and indignant rebuttals, as they did with just about anything he said? I'm not even going to talk about Trump's Jewish family members here.

So the second part of that statement was also a lie.

The entire announcement was blatant FAKE NEWS. But if I were an alien researching Earth's politics, or if I had a mind of a delusional NPR-listening prog, which is pretty much the same thing, I would indeed be worried about Trump, Israel, and anti-Semitism. Ironically, NPR itself seems to be perpetually star-struck with real anti-Semites of the Religion of Peace, but that's another story.

The point is that NPR deliberately fabricates and promotes lies in order to create and support the ever changing "progressive" narrative (aka The Current Truth), and it's as if they constantly consult with the narrative-makers on the timing and correct terminology.

A few days ago, there was an NPR segment on "white nationalism (supremacism)" that, according to their "academic experts" is solely responsible for Trump's victory. Once again, if I didn't know better, I'd be horrified, believing that America is on the brink of becoming another Third Reich. Angry and scared, I'd probably start a Facebook page or a Twitter account, and I'd start sending out messages similar to those coming out of Hollywood celebrities and other delusional NPR-listening progs, who may as well be aliens.

That was also a FAKE NEWS segment, created to further alienate an already divided nation. So in a way, Obama is correct - except the perpetrators are all his ideological comrades-in-arms.

This tactic used to work in the past, but not anymore - thanks to Trump. And that is why I supported him from the start - I saw his ability to bring down phonies.

If anyone watched American Horror Story: Coven, there was a human Voodoo doll - a black girl witch who could stab and hit herself, and her enemies would feel the pain and scream. Trump has that kind of gift, too.

The Cube has often posted special recognitions of Rolling Stone's special talents in exposés:

--KOOK

As someone suggested in response to this story on our Twitter thread...

Rolling Stone should accuse Obama of rape, just for giggles.