Obama: Freedom from Want is a Human Right

American Thinker today attacks Obama on his belief in the fundamental principle of progressivism. This cannot go unanswered - both the attack and the discovery of the fundamental principle of progressivism.

President Obama's statement on the award of the Nobel Peace Prize to Chinese political prisoner Liu Xiaobo is being derided as another example of his narcissism, in the Washington Examiner and elsewhere. However, I think most pundits have missed a more troubling aspect. Our President wrote:

"We respect China's extraordinary accomplishment in lifting millions out of poverty, and believe that human rights include the dignity that comes with freedom from want."

Do we now?

Read more

Here's just one illustration: a number of formerly undignified individuals are being liberated from want, as the government will be providing them with Party-approved dignity for years to come.

This glorious image documents how Chinese government is providing its people with a permanent liberation from want. Benefits to dignity are incalculable.

China_Executions.jpg

This is how it works: before all of you are free from want, the government must be free from want first. And the Dear Leader takes the priority: his wants must be satisfied.

I_Want_Your_Money.jpg

And, of course, some wants are completely unreasonable!

Diagram A: Little Obama liberates Polly from unreasonable want.

Polly_Want_Cracker.png

I had wants once.

Regarding what every woman wants for Xmas...

Fem tools.jpg

I want the government to run everything, only then will we be self contented and cared for, when my turn comes up.

I only want what every correct, progressive, intellectual, thinker wants: for the rich to pay their fair share - defined as 100% if their wealth. Even if I don't share in the redistribution of their wealth, at least they won't have it either, and so we will be equal - except I'll still be smarter because I'm a progressive. Nyah!

I want a new kitchen.
I want my bills paid for by OPM.
I want my college paid for (if I ever want to go. heck, just give me the money now!)
I want my car insurance paid for too. I am deserving! I want my big wonderful, caring Obama government to do it all for me so I can watch soap opera all day.
I hope Barrack is watching and learning from the Chi-Coms. They have learned how to do it right.

China is proof positive of what I recently wrote up in the people's glossary about economic systems and civilization.

The train track of collectivism funnels all boxcars from all spur tracks of leftwing thought to the one single locomotive of progress that pulls us all to the inevitable utopia.

All aboard!

Comrade Otis,

You are correct! China has freed hundreds of thousands from the worries about Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of breathing.

The implementation can be with a stoke of the sword or the squeeze of a trigger.

Let's try re-arranging the title into something more realistic .......

" Freedom from Obama is a human want."

Comrades,

None of the big names in the movement recognized this right. Maybe Dear Leader has attended one UN conference too many.

The only right ever recognized was the right to be fully satisfied with anything and everything the state demanded, and provided for personal achievement and individual well being.

Krasnodar wrote:Let's try re-arranging the title into something more realistic .......

THOUGHTCRIMINAL!!!!!

I am tired of these thoughtcriminals dirtying up The Peoples glorious website.

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY DENOUNCED Komrad Krasnodar! You have breached our precious tranquility one to many times with your evil thoughtcrimes against The Party. One can only assume that you are some Rethuglikan plant or riechtwing troll looking to cause mayhem in our peoples paradise.

One more wretched thoughtcrime like this from you and it's off to Showtrial!!!!

Oh, how I long for those for necro-proxy votes.

Hail Obama!

Krasnodar wrote:Let's try re-arranging the title into something more realistic .......

Say, Krasnodar, you aren't trying to create any "new paradigms", are you? Remember, there is always room for one more in the gulag.

I am for wanting whatever the party approves for me to be wanting for.

I, Krasnodar, hang my head in profound regretfulness for my statement deriding Dear Leader. Being surrounded by these seasonal holiday celebrations with their " hopeful countenance " have led my thoughts astray from the somber resignation that is the true Party Line.

Platform # 5, right ?

Great Stalin's Ghost ... I only have my old paradigm:

Paradigm.jpg

You commies. I can see what Krasnodar's problem is. Look at his parachute. Like all of you knuckleheads his mind is like a parachute, as the bumper sticker wisdom goes, and it only works when it's open. But his parachute is full of holes.

Happy landing Commienodar. Look out below. Incoming!

Bwaahahaha! Stupid damn commies.

I want

glorious red commie.jpg

TO ONE DAY BE THIS GLORIOUS!

I would also like

se cupp.jpg

sorry everyone... I got caught up in the I want moment...

Comrade Buffoon...keep your mind on the People's business!

sunhaiying.jpg

But then so is government provided health care, dentistry, clean air, drinkable water, free food,
clothing, freedom from employment, secret police, late night car rides with strangers, laundry service, dry cleaning, bottled water delivery, government provided gasoline and electricity, light bulbs, heating devices for the winter, cooling devices for the summer, the list goes on and on,
windshield wiper blades, tune ups, tools...

I want The Freedom from the World of THIS Tuesday...ON DEMAND & WITHOUT APOLOGIES

I want to continue to be entitled to use the Progressive Blame-Bush Tool:

It comes in two sizes-- one for blame in REALLY BIG MATTERS, and a smaller one for fixing blame for even the most trivial matters:

--Fearless Leader

And I desperately want Red Square's autograph on the book which I purchased with Stimulus Money:

Even though I didn't read it, I did look at all the pictures and found them Very Stimulating.
Now I want to be stimulated even more.

--Fearless Leader

What Dear Leader is really saying is he wants to free us from the burdens and constraints imposed by old fashioned economics.

He has freed himself from such constraints and he wants to free us using OPM as a tool.

Krasnodar wrote:I, Krasnodar, hang my head in profound regretfulness for my statement deriding Dear Leader. Being surrounded by these seasonal holiday celebrations with their " hopeful countenance " have led my thoughts astray from the somber resignation that is the true Party Line.

Platform # 5, right ?

Great Stalin's Ghost ... I only have my old paradigm:

Paradigm.jpg

This is why you need New Paradigm Comrade! Our beloved intellectual is hear to enlighten us and free us of bourgeois entrapment. Before you reach platform for train ride, I suggest you read our comrades wisdom... he was only joking... like your 12 year old kid.... he didn't really mean there was a New Paradigm™... it was joke comrade... da?

Hail Obama!

Is freedom from want the same as wanting freedom?

If what you want is freedom and freedom isn't free, then who will pay for it?

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Is freedom from want the same as wanting freedom?

Comrade Whoopie

I denounce you for giving me a headache!

My Comrades!

What I have done to free my people from want!

Comrade Whoopie,

You must have bumped you head this morning, which has caused Incoherent Thought-Crimes to rattle around inside your head. You asked "Is freedom from want the same as wanting freedom?"

I have no doubt that on days when you don't bump your head, your mind is content with the knowledge that the Collective keeps you free from want which keeps you from wanting freedom which would enslave you to the freedom of wanting. You're forgetting the Truism that Slavery is Freedom, Ignorance is Knowledge, Impotence is Power, yada yada yada.

And, of course, when you understand the above (by not bumping your head), you also know who pays for your freedom from want that isn't free because the price you pay for freedom from want is the freedom to want, and who can want to want when the Collective already provides all the wants we could ever want.

It's so simple.

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning (before you bump your head again).

If you somehow bump your head before calling me -- for example, if you forget to sleep with your government-monitored Crackberry under your pillow-- then I will recruit a trusted comrade to go to the Collective Obamacare Medical-Supply Store and procure a helmet for you to wear while in bed to protect you against bumping your head when you awake.

Oooops-- Judge Hudson just declared the Obamacare mandate unconstitutional-- This means you must work extra shifts to pay for your own helmet.

Having worked with him in the past before he became a Judge, I had feared he might lack the acuity to understand that it's impossible for anything enacted by Obama/Pelosi/Reid to be deemed "unconstitutional."

I think I need to dispatch someone to bring him to my Thought-Crime Gulag so I can get him to understand Obama's doctrine that the purpose of the Constitution is to specify what the government must do "for" you rather than what it can't do "to" you.

--Thought-Crime Warden

I am confused as to how want could occur before Leader informs the people as to what they want? Like putting the horse in front of the cart, so as to pull the cart with the horse in a forward moving direction. Makes no sense.Blessed be Leader for he knows what is to be desired with 100% accuracy!
want.jpg

Comrades,

This is another example of what is called "free basing" trying to self generate a thought process independent of collective wisdom. Imagine the futility of generating "thought" before being told when and what to think.

The entire purpose of the French Revolution was to eliminate free base thought.

There was not time for proper execution of this program.

We've been told what we should want. Green energy that's unlimited, free and unavailable. Free healthcare that no one can afford, even to be without. High employment so we have more time off. Higher taxes on Obama's rich opponents and a taxpayer funded stimulus to enrich Obama's rich friends. Freedom of speech as long as we don't dissent. Freedom from terrorism as long as we let ourselves be treated like potential terrorists. More jobs and benefits, for illegal aliens. The unity of diversity and thinking outside the box, of commonsense.

(Hurrah!)

Obamugabe wrote:

Comrade Whoopie

I denounce you for giving me a headache!

I too denounce Comrade Whoopie for giving Obamugabe a headache and for sh*ts and giggles!