Place your lightbulbs well, if you know what's good for you!

Mercury filled chandelier.jpg
Hey, Comrades!

As of January 1, 2013, all incandescent lightbulbs will be illegal! Remember?

Yeah, no longer can babes enjoy the soft light to make them look more beautiful. I, for one, need all the help I can get. Soft light has always helped me look my best. Also, guys, even though they don't admit it, are subject to this as well.

So, in compliance with this new regulation, I submit what I did with my most gorgeous Waterford crystal chandelier. I, as a true Prog, realize I am doing my best to make the world a better place. An ugly home is a small price to pay for "The Greater Good"™.

I had some difficulty doin' the Photoshop thing. But, I think I did it! Ain't it pretty? Just forgetabout the mercury because we all know every citizen will dutifully dump a broken bulb into the hands of our diligent Haz-Mats dudes. Riiiiight!May the collective illuminate your life today!

Most equal effort Pamalinsky, but I see that you are not fully CFL compliant. Please report yourself to your local Sustainable Development planning commission for proper retraining. Remember to take your shovel! Image I prefer the CFL bulbs because i am sadly mercury deficient, eating one a week helps.

Comrad_Androgunov,

I do not understad how I am not CFL compliant. I just don't! Although I do undersstand that I am a criminal, in the eyes of our government. I always try to do the right thing. Evidently, that is not enough, according to our new "ruler."

What am I gonna do when I have to replace my refrigerator bulb? And, Stalin forbid, my oven light.

These are things that occupy my thoughts, now. I used to just dream and plot my illustrious future.

Oh, well. Sigh!

Comrade_Androgynov....reminds me of a naughty magazine cover I saw in my youth. Image

Anyer Marx,

I just couldn't help myself, and, I just know you have probably had this same thought.

And, that thought is: (wait for it)

How many Czars does it take to screw us all regarding a stupid CFC lightbulb?

Answer:

A. Just one! We're all screwed!

B. A couple of them. We're all screwed!

C. We did it ourselves. We're all screwed

D. All of the above.

Gosh, maybe we should put up a poll to find the REAL answer! Hmmmm?

Image Pamalinsky, a most equal effort on the chandelier! Now all you need is the permit, in triplicated by the EPA, OSHA and Homeland Security to light more than one at a time, if you can find some wind or solar power....
Image D. All of the Above. These idiots must stay awake nights coming up with ideas on how to out-stupid each other. Your post reminded me of an article, https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/07/AR2010090706933.html,

Light bulb factory closes; End of era for U.S. means more jobs overseas.

200 workers at the plant lose their jobs. Made almost entirely overseas, mostly in China. Manufacturing in the United States would add 10 percent or more to the cost of building a standard CFL. Fluorescents are most efficient in long tubes. But long, linear tubes don't fit into the same lamp fixtures that the standard incandescent bulbs do. And mercury? not to worry, "EPA recommends that consumers take advantage of available local options for recycling CFLs, fluorescent bulbs and other bulbs that contain mercury, and all other household hazardous wastes, rather than disposing of them in regular household trash." .... I wonder if I need a hazmat suit to take them to the recycling center ....

Anyer Marx,

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img] While your link showing those losing their jobs breaks my heart, I am not a fan of Edison. The S.O.B. killed Topsy by electrocution just to prove his point. He didn't have to do this, and I hate him for doing so.

I do, however, love incandescent bulbs. As things we like called "Progress," how do we adhere to our principles? The thing I see is that there are assholes in all walks of life, including Edison, a major one. They are the exception, not the rule.

I have a special love for Tesla, a great man, strange, but great. He possessed asshole qualities as well. If you want to know, just Google it.

Meanwhile, I just want my damn incandescent bulbs back! Is that too much to ask?

IncandescentPhaseOut.JPG
This is the alleged phase-out schedule.

In reality, I just bought a bunch of 100-watters last weekend, and they were supposedly supposed to be gone January 1, 2012.

So who really knows? But regardless, with Dear Leader having so much more flexibility now, I'd suggest buying a semi-lifetime supply :) I think that LEDs will eventually be the real replacement, but they're just not quite there yet...

I get my incandescent bulbs from the guy I sold my gun to behind the bus station, Mr Supa-thugg... Nice guy, paid cash, clean Obama t-shirt, seemed to be in a hurry though, didn't even want his reciept...

Comrade Pamalinsky,

This solution not only eliminates electrical usage, but also recycles illegal incandescent bulbs. Should suffice till EPA gets around to banning lamp oil.

Bulb lamp.jpg

Hey, Crap!

That looks exactly like our vinegar and oil combo we got on Amazon!

Comrade Anyer Marx,
My compliments on your picture submission. It gives me a special feeling as it reminds me of the great success our NEA and University teaching comrades have had equalizing 3 generations of proles as low wattage bulbs (just like Dear Leader).

Expel The Red States wrote:Comrade_Androgynov....reminds me of a naughty magazine cover I saw in my youth. Image
My Grandmother! Thank you for the picture!

To Whosomever turned my post into a poll:

GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You took the bait! HA! No videos here, Pal! Nope!

Hope you're happy now! HA! HA! HA! I know I am!

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]
I actually appreciate your doing this, while still getting my "Gotcha!" (Hee, Hee)

Is a good thing the old hippie down the street loves candles. He just made himself a target.

Comrad_Androgunov,

About my non-compliance you were referring to, I see it now.
I missed a spot on the background layer showing the former incandescent! (lower right of chandelier)

(Damn! I thought I got that sucker!)

Thanks for warning me about my non-compliance. As we all know, Photoshop solves everything!

Comrades,

In keeping with the glorious Holiday Season, dear Oleander has shown both his "solidarity" with the "eevil jooz" AND his benefactor, General Electric, by posting this brilliant photo-op! Talk about efficiency! Brilliantly illuminating!

Obama with Menorah.jpg
[/color]