Shutdown Forces Govt to Fill in Grand Canyon With Fog

[img]/images/Grand_Canyon_Fog_Emergency_Govt_Shutdown.jpg[/img]

Current Fall-Protection Measures for the Grand canyon After GOP Government Shutdown

The National Park Service closed the Grand Canyon, along with services and recreation programs, after obstructionist Republicans forced congress to miss its deadline to prevent the first partial government shutdown in 17 years. There typically are about 18,000 visitors a day to the Grand Canyon in October, one of the peak months before the snowy winter off-season begins.

Due to the now current lack of manning to prevent accidental falls at the park and no plans to add railings or increase the already numerous warnings in signs and brochures that caution against peering over the edge of the mile-deep chasm, it was decided by the Obama administration to just fill in the canyon with fog as a fall protection safety measure to discourage visitors.

Park spokeswoman Maureen Hugatree stated that the orders to fill in the canyon with fog had come straight from the White House. "They told me that they had deemed the fog machine operators to be essential emergency personnel with previous experience of clouding issues to the public," she explained.

Comrades, the shutdown has also ordered gov't to seal the air around the White House with fog also. Democrats saw the coming of the Republican jihad when those Jesuslanders turned out in droves to force a partial shutdown of non essential government services and prevent accidental entry to the White House. It just seems that all of this could have been prevented if Republicans had not staged a Hallmark moment in refusing to fund Obamacare, which is of course Democrats' brilliant plan of providing free health care to each and every American or illegal alien willing to be placed on a seven month long waiting list and be operated on by disgruntled postal workers. If the Republicans have their way, hundreds of federal workers no doubt will find their way onto existing unemployment lines, or what's worse – forced into jobs in the private sector where unfortunately they'll be held accountable for the quality or their work. Democrats will have to put abandon their ginseng colonics and many of the cherished programs that may seem pointless to the untrained eye. I'm dang sure that the federally funded network of celebrity editors will predict major disasters ranging from moderate to high pitch schrill. Currently, the main stream media has been hesitant to risk their reputations on complete objectivity by constantly publishing partisan hit pieces, but after checking all the unknown facts, they have thrown caution to the wind and began an effort of inform the American Public who at this moment are safe within their homes. It won't be long before the fog and stench of Republicans reach all of us as well.

One minor correction, Snoogs: CONGRESS did not shut down the government. The Evil, Obstructionist GOP, with their unwillingness to compromise (that is, "vote 'yes' on every issue proposed by the Democrats) shut down the government.

Ivan Betinov wrote:One minor correction, Snoogs: CONGRESS did not shut down the government. The Evil, Obstructionist GOP, with their unwillingness to compromise (that is, "vote 'yes' on every issue proposed by the Democrats) shut down the government.

Yes, Yes, so true. I've made the correction so that the terrorist hostage taking teabagging reichwingers that just hate Amerikka is duly mentioned for this atrocity of accomplishing a smaller government right now that is just providing only the essential services to the people.........spit.

We all know the truth! The radical teabaggers had forced Ted go out and fog up the place during the night. There is no denying this. His actions will be met with proper force and punishment from the authorities!

ted fogging!.jpg

Evil Rethuglicans are bringing in more fog to stop dear leader from going on vacation.....
business trip of uber importance. STOP THE SHUT DOWN!! The peoples need their Memorials.... and stuff!!

fog.jpg

Great reporting, Commodore Snoogie! This is the second story in a row to go on the Mother Page!

The Party hereby awards you with HERO OF CHANGE Medal and a month-worth supply of all essential rations.

[img]/images/Medal_Order_of_Obama_160.gif[/img]

Click on the medal to magnify your experience.

This simple Comrade has family in Romania, and there is disturbing rumor of the fog that shrouds the undead....you know nosferatu, vampyre, undead, boogieman....you get my meaning.....terrible....the Rethuglicans have perhaps enlisted you know who to help bring harm to Dear Leader.

OldFaithful.jpg
Comrades, the evil Rethuglikkkans, with their unwillingness to negotiate, have forced our dear Comrade President into shutting down the Old Faithful geyser in Yellowstone National Park!

Who would ever have thought they could be this cruel???

OldFaithfulPlugged.jpg

If that's what they're willing to do to the grand canyon I wonder what the Obama regime will do to the stock exchange.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:If that's what they're willing to do to the grand canyon I wonder what the Obama regime will do to the stock exchange.
Answer:

Red Square wrote:Great reporting, Commodore Snoogie! This is the second story in a row to go on the Mother Page!

The Party hereby awards you with HERO OF CHANGE Medal and a month-worth supply of all essential rations.

[img]/images/Medal_Order_of_Obama_160.gif[/img]

Click on the medal to magnify your experience.

To our Glorious Party and to our Esteemed Leader of the People's Cube,

It is with most humble gratitude that I accept this medal and I will wear it proudly on my jams jams as I continue to toil tirelessly under your wise and astute leadership to ensure that The Progressive World of Next Tuesday™ will finally arrive by next Tuesday.

FORWARD!

Dear leader's wife, the lovely and beautiful Michelle recently apologized for the fog in the Grand Canyon. She just had dinner with Paula Dean.

The lead image from this thread is today's featured cartoon at the American Thinker.

Extra vodka rations to all involved (and to all the others, to spare their self-esteem). After all, it's National Vodka Day!

Commodore Snoogie Woogums predicted this (via Conservative Treehouse)

Damn – Oleg Wasn't Kidding…… President Stompy Feet Hides The Grand Canyon !!

With the partial suspension of U.S. government services showing no signs of ending, tourists will continue to be turned away from the Grand Canyon, despite a push by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer and local businesses to reopen the state's signature national park.

Brewer wants the iconic park reopened and has offered to pay for it with state money, but her proposal was rejected Thursday by a park official who said that as long as the federal government remains shut down, such a plan isn't an option.

“I appreciate the support and I thanked them for the offer, but it's not an offer we can accept,” said park superintendent Dave Uberuaga.

Imagine! Governor Brewer (that reminds me!) - anyway - the governor actually expects to have a say-so in the fate of her state's tourist business. Some nerve! You go, O!

This is so exciting. Perhaps Great Leader and his stalwart agencies will soon close entire interstate highway system. And what of national air space? Surely that can be declared off limits as well. Is it not wonderful to have such wise and powerful overlords who care for the Good Of The People™? They will overcome those evil Rethuglikkkans who want to hold children and kittens hostage!