Taco Bell's Cold War propaganda posters against McDonald's

POLL: Where would you rather redeem your ration cards - Taco Bell or McDonald's?

You may select 1 option

Taco_Bell_Cold_War_McDonalds.jpg
When food fight turns into a Cold War, civilians can only pray that won't reflect on the temperature of the served tacos and their tortillas won't taste like poster board. Read this exemplary article from AdWeek and get your emergency supplies ready.

Ad of the Day: Taco Bell Launches Cold War Against McDonald's With Propaganda Imagery

Egg McMuffins aren't just mediocre pastries stuffed with microwaved eggs, bright yellow cheese and ham product. They are a form of tyranny.

In the three-minute centerpiece ad below, McDonald's affable but intrinsically creepy mascot is reimagined as a sunken-eyed Stalinist clown (though perhaps bearing closer resemblance to Mao). He rules over a small army of look-alikes and an oppressed proletariat in a decrepit, cloistered city with a beefy security apparatus. Run-of-the-mill breakfast sandwiches are his preferred method of subjugation.

A smaller fast-food giant is knocking a bigger goliath for creating a fantastical totalitarian communist state, wherein the greatest strain on individual freedom is uninspired food, and the most dire physical threat to would-be defectors is whatever horror befalls a person who gets hit by a confetti bomb, or jumps into a grimy ball pit. (Though, in fairness, it's always been hard not to wonder what's lurking in the bottoms of those things—they're too colorful to trust.)

In addition to the epic narrative ad there's a mock-propaganda video and a series of posters espousing the principles of the breakfast dictatorship.

In the marketplace, Taco Bell is the underdog (whatever happened to the chihuahua anyways?), and from a corporate perspective, needs to be scrappy and get noticed. This certainly does that, punching above its weight, and coming out with a happy ending. The two heroes crawl out of their culinary prison a through a hole in the wall (presumably burned through with some fire sauce, or chiseled out with a spork) and lead the masses to the promised land of six-sided sandwiches.

Ultimately, though, nobody can claim to be a true Taco Bell breakfast revolutionary until they've eaten every single item on the menu in one sitting.

They say you can make the David Star from a hexagon.

McDonald's fires back.
(Does this soldier look familiar?)

eat-a-burger.jpg

Breakfast taco's, breakfast muffins, breakfast beets, what difference does it make? It's best to leave the thinking and the decision making when it comes to breakfast to those who can properly handle it, so no mistakes are made. Of course, eating breakfast is racist, but at the same time, it should be mandatory, taken early in the morning with a healthy supplemental dose of doublethink. So long as one follows the Dear Lady Moochelle Approved Nutritional Guidelines which have been set in place so that the collective does not starve to death by accidentally forgetting how to eat, there should be no problems.

Red Square wrote:Egg McMuffins aren't just mediocre pastries stuffed with microwaved eggs, bright yellow cheese and ham product. They are a form of tyranny.

Carsick semper tyrannis! Arise, you stomachs! The only meal suitable for a true comrade is a raw beet, the size of which being inversely proportional to said comrade's Obamacare payment!

Can we now expect to see a commercial where the Taco Bell counter person runs up to the counter at McDonalds in slow motion, whirls round and round, and hurls a Double Bean Burrito Special at the order board?

Who put an 'off' button on the monitoring device TV? Since when is authorized to turn off state broadcasts? It is obvious that the subversion and sabotage runs deep. Mass purges must commence.

Comrade Red Square, when I saw these I thought you had done them! They look like your work. These ad people must be spending time on the Cube for their ideas. I even checked the credits and didn't see your name.

Well....if the clown shoe fits! After all, how many restaurants use red and yellow as the Brand colors? How many restaurants immortalize dear leader with countless larger than life monuments?
As a devoted Prog, I have generally preferred to regard McDespot with well deserved suspicion. However, in light of these facts, I am prepared to give the Clown more appreciation going Forward.™

Reminds me of the days of the Glorious Soviet Union, when this disgusting capitalist commercial promoted confusing "choices" for the American wage slaves:

But only one franchise offers food, high fashion, and dinner music....

In the future, all restaurants are Taco Bell:

Fhalkyn wrote:
Image While I understand the need for propaganda for the brainwashing and maintenance of the masses, could it at least be a little less creepy?

After a few ablutions, the masses will not know what is or is not creepy by the government.